1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marvel TV] LOKI (Tom Hiddleston)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Nov 9, 2018.

1. BA1990

BA1990 Member

Where's the thumbs down button on this post?

2. PhiSlammaJamma

What the show is doing well is rationalizing the actions of one of the next big villain. That's something DC almost never does. And they are spending 6 episodes on it. So that is a big deal. Lady Loki is just a side bar. But let's give her some more screen time before we call quits on her just yet.

BA1990 likes this.
  3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

thumbs down on this whole series so far. it's cheeks.

6 episodes and we get an episode like that?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

The episode was pretty bad. There was a whole lot of walking and talking and walking more and talking more. They sit and talk. The planets cgi as they walk felt green screen. The planet did not feel in imminent danger and it is supposed to be the worst apocalyse ever. Lady Loki had no screen presence. Even Loki was pretty bad. The only moment that resonated with me was when Ladi Loki was learning about her mom, but that was about it. I know there was stuff packed in there, but that was not good. They may have to get rid of ladi Loki if they can't redeem her.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

MCU needs more on-location shoots and less CGI. Whatever Mandalorian is innovating and doing is super cool, sure, but nothing beats a real environment.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

he's a 99er.
    we all have many thoughts like Professor X

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Wait , how on planet purple can anyone even fight against Loki when he has his powers?

Ziggy likes this.
  8. CCorn

CCorn Member

Would you do yourself?

9. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Buffalo_Bill.jpg

MCDSIOF_EC049.jpg

10. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don’t understand it either. He’s a god with supremely superhuman strength. She should have similar strength as well. He should be wiping the floor with everyone with ease yet for some reason he struggles. He even weighs 3x what a normal human weighs and he was tossed out of the train like nothing.

I know they want to make things look dramatic but some sort of explanation would be nice.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah some dudes throw him off the train but later he can stop buildings from collapsing
    Huh?

robbie380 likes this.
  13. CCorn

CCorn Member

I’m confused how a god who has nearly destroyed planets was unable to board a train because of a ticket.

Also, can’t he pass through walls? And move faster than a light jog? They’re treating him like he’s Hawkeye.

B-Bob, Ziggy, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Prob the worst episode despite the money they put in that "one cut" ending. Should've spent more on not making a filler and spreading more breadcrumbs on who Lady Loki is.

You don't tease a week's of suspense and reveal almost nothing...zzz....

A couple points:
    The reveal that the agents were also variants (Mobius coffee rings) prob means the TK are bad in the sense it's either their way or the highway

So my updated theory is that Lady Loki didn't blow up her own universe, but either trying to save it or doing it out of revenge for her universe getting axed

If she's the opposite of Loki, it makes her the anti-villain to our Loki's anti-hero

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I am enjoying it

Rocket River

FLASH21 likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

i'll be watching it starting ep5, so i won't get pissed with stupid filler episodes, which it seems ep3 was.

17. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It wasn’t. It was building the female Loki character and the multiverse backstory. There are no filler episodes in the MCU shows.

FLASH21, Ottomaton and Jontro like this.
  18. CCorn

CCorn Member

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Another boring episode, but that end credit scene was very intriguing.

20. PhiSlammaJamma

Liked the episode. Lot's of unanswered loose ends. Can't even guess where he is now, but it makes sense he might be in one of these multi-wars I keep hearing about. That would be an unexpected conclusion due to it's magnitude for a tv show and they would have to fill two more episodes. But if that is where he is now, then you have to ask, how did he get there and why.

Don't know what Ladi Loki can possibly tell the judge. She knows they are variants, but what more could she know since she did not know the lizards were animatronic. Her knowledge seems limited. And then what does Ladi Loki do next, since she accomplished her mission. What is her agenda and end game now?

Didn't like the animatronic time keepers, but it does create some questions that need answering.

It didn't make a lot of sense that the Lizards would want to see both Loki's. First of all they are super destructive so why not just kill them, why bring them inti your lair to wreak chaos. And if you wanted that chaos for some reason you could have brought them in from the beginning. So it doesn't make much sense to me.

Not sure why Loki love ( the inclined time line ) would cause all of the chaos if indeed that did happen. That would indicate that maybe Loki is more instrumental to the TVA than we might think.

Liked.

#140 PhiSlammaJamma, Jun 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2021