1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Ideas 2021-22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jun 3, 2021.

1. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Wall ices out KPJ every time they're on the floor together because he's scared of a teenager taking his job.

D-rock, CHAMPBOY, fattz and 1 other person like this.
  2. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Rockets in - Brandon Clarke, #17
    Rockets out - Eric Gordon, Danuel House, #23, #24

Miami in - Eric Gordon, #23, #24
    Miami out - Tyler Herro

Memphis in - Tyler Herro, Danuel House
    Memphis out - Brandon Clarke, #17

Deuce, Shark44, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  3. fattz

fattz Member

It’s okay for the team we are trading with to get the better of us short term. Our needs are different than theirs. Let our ownership team save some money.

This is the reality of Rocket’s basketball.

Braking the super max contract into smaller expiring parts just makes sense. Maybe we can collect assets with $19.4 & 15 million expiring contracts this upcoming season. We have the capacity to do so.
    VS
    Be held captive by a player option.

Let the Heat keep Herro and we will keep our picks.

Both teams win.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Works for me. I hope Riley will make another Oladipo like mistake, though I doubt it.

5. fattz

fattz Member

Wall in the right situation may not be a mistake. He is a fish on land here though. Moving forward with out him is best for us and him, IMO. I, in all sincerity, hope Wall does well at his next stop.

raining threes, D-rock and saleem like this.
  6. TimDuncanDonaut

If Gordon goes to the Heat. He will have to go face to face to Eric Foran, Heat's head strength and conditional coach. They weigh their players every week and check body fat regularly. :D:D:p

In Gordo's defense, bubble or start of the pass season, not sure if he stayed under weight.

7. ballgame

ballgame Member

NOT NO.....BUT HELL NO!

D-rock and saleem like this.
  8. ballgame

ballgame Member

I like!

D-rock likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

In the event of trading back for Jalen Suggs

Rockets in: #4, #14, TOR ‘22 1st
    Rockets out: #2, #24, House
    -
    Raptors in: #2, Looney, House
    Raptors out: #4, ‘22 1st, Bouche
    -
    Warriors in: #24, Boucher
    Warriors out: #14, Looney

10. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Looks like the Warriors are serious about packaging Wiseman and #7 for a “star.” Should be interesting to see who they target.

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

They’ll never get Siakim for that. Wood maybe, but would have to add other assets for salary matching and maybe other picks. Still think 7 and 14, wiseman and fillers for Wood would work for both teams. Lilliard wanting out would screw all this.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

I hear John Wall is available…

D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

4 teamer

HOU
    In: McCollum, Dragic, Iguodala, #11

Out: Wall, Gordon, Wood, House #24

POR
    In: Herro, Washington, Gordon, #24

Out: McCollum

MIA:
    In: Wall, House

Out: Herro, Dragic, Iguodala

CHA:
    In: Wood

Out: Washington, #11

Why?
    Miami
    Great return for a guy they seem to want to move on from. A veteran PG for expirings - well overpaid, but onlyn2 seasons left. Add in House as a 3nD wing and all at the cost of a guy they want to move on and expirings.

Portland
    The break-up! CJ and Dame don't work. This is one last chance to swing for the fences while keeping an eye on the future.
    Of the 2, you reload around Dame, it is obvious. And ditching CJD salary makes sense. Blazer fans probably think they can get an all-star talent in return for CJ. They can't. He is a 6'3 off guard, who is a good shot maker, but not an elite level talent. Can't create well enough for others, has defensive issues vs longer wings.
    A return of Herro, Gordon and Washington brings in 3 useful pieces, 2 of whom are super talented
    Just 1 season ago Herro was the next big thing. Perhaps the Blazers feel they can bring the best out of him again?
    Washington brings defensive strength at the 4 spot, and has all the tools offensively for the new age NBA PF. Marksman from deep who would fit brilliantly alongside Nurkic.
    EGO has a strong record of playoff performances, which is surely what the Blazers would be craving, postseason success.
    If it doesn't work, then Herro and Washington are nice value pieces for a rebuild, and pick #24 is another future asset.

Charlotte
    It seems obvious. They want to win, and now. Wood has length and is a genuine scorer. Can play that 4/5 spot and a short term upgrade over Washington. Well worth the move.

Houston
    Flexibility, veteran leadership, talent, and development.
    Predicated around the idea of taking Mobley at 2. They guy has shown he is a winner in college, so putting him in an environment to develop and play to his strengths without having to do it all, and while being in a scenario to win games, will help.
    Generally young players accelerate development in winning situations, and with nice young talent like KPjr, KMjr, Mobley, #11 and #24, what is needed may be voices and on court experience.
    McCollum, for his flaws, brings us a legit 20+ ppg guy who has the respect of the officials and is capable of being a big time shot maker. Not a lead guy, but can play a huge offensive role alongside KPjr
    Mobley/ Wood combo is problematic. But losing Wood and keeping Olynyk may well be a better match up. The Olynyk KMjr roll and lob sets will work with Olynyk Mobley. And Olynyk was a 20 and 9 guy with 4 assists. He provides nice offence/defence synergy with Mobley
    Locker room guys. Iguodala and Dragic are expirings, but essentially could operate as locker room coaches. Veterans speaking into the development of our youth. Dragic as a crafty lefties to mentor KPjr. Iguodala speaking to KMjr and Tate.
    It isn't a contending roster, but it gives on and off court experience for the young guys to grow, and maintains assets to make a move to bring a superstar in. There is half a chance the line-up could sneak into the playoffs
    Either you draft a superstar, or you trade or find one via FA. The 2nd two options only work for winning squads.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  15. ballgame

ballgame Member

If I'm Houston, why would you want a 31yr old SG to pair with KPJ? Seems like everybody wins except Houston in that proposal.

Williamson and D-rock like this.
  16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Aha - but wait!
    He is only 29 - turning 30 next season.
    To be fair, it is more about transforming Wall and Gordon into McCollum - 60+ mill per year over 2 years to 30mill per year (but over 3). I feel like McCollum may have future trade value, and as a shot creator could potentially take pressure off KPj and (whomever) offensively - allows them to develop.

I dunno, just a wild idea, there could be some merit. Houston isn't looking at it as a long term McCollum move, but rather an investment in making KPJr and Mobley winners.
    Oh, also, pick 11.
    And development of other young talent
    And ditching Wall/Gordon without too much pai ln

17. ballgame

ballgame Member

I can see that point of view but Wood is a no go for me. I don't know why people on this board is so eager to trade Wood, it makes no sense.

A young 25 yr old big who can stretch the floor, has a soft touch around the basket, average but improving on defense, who just played his FIRST full NBA Season and who could've been an ALL-STAR and everybody wants to trade him....I just don't get it.

fattz, Jwise44, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Wood+House+Gordon for Wiggins #7,#14.

Wall+2022 unprotected first+#24 for Love amd #3.

Draft Green and Mobley.

Use #7 and #23 to secure Scottie Barnes. #14 on a shooter.

Young core
    KPJ
    KMJ
    Tate
    Scottie Barnes
    Mobley
    Green

No pick next year but we still have everything intact after that. 2-3 years from now we can pull a big trade to "finish" the roster and contend.

mikenm268 likes this.
  19. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

That's probably the closest thing to an equal value trade I've seen. If I'm Toronto I probably want another first rounder (or Poole) as well, but on balance, a #7 overall pick in a deep draft and a young player like Wiseman isn't a terrible exchange for Siakam.

D-rock likes this.
  20. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm not convinced, not in a draft as deep as this one.