1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Many of you are selling Evan Mobley short

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jun 22, 2021.

1. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

It’s a long workout, you will miss gimmies all through the workout. NOBODY will make every shot in a workout. Look at him I’m that 1v1 clips, he is looking tough. Bodying up and finishing strong (dunk). That shows his “quick twitch”. Let’s please not pass judgment based on a couple clips from a workout video.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  2. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Watching the impact that Ayton is having on the Suns-Clippers series is making me start to think about Mobley at #2. Ayton’s defense and rebounding changed tonight’s game. If Mobley can create a similar effect, then he’s the pick.

3. Bo6

Bo6 Member

lmao this must be satire. made my night thanks d-rock. read a book? maybe you could actually work out once in your life.

[​IMG]

Htown's Finest likes this.
  4. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

But you werent right. You believed the Rockets were championship contenders when other looked at the team and said otherwise. For multiple years. If you were always right, running it back wouldve resulted in multiple titles.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Championship contender does not equal champion.

Google the definition, you will slap yourself once the realization dawns on you.

saleem likes this.
  6. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

The same folks saying Mobley is the best pick are the same one who said the Rockets would win a title with D'Antoni and Harden "running it back" while also saying "Harden has no help" and "first round pick rookies wont help this team". The proclaimed "Harden haters have been right consistently".

cheke64 and Htown's Finest like this.
  7. hakeemthagreat

No. Ayton looks like this mainly because CP & Booker. We need guys that can score and create. Bigmen can be had later in the draft

Denovo likes this.
  8. hakeemthagreat

The only team built around a bigman that's a contender is Denver, but Mobley ain't no Joker

Salvy and Htown's Finest like this.
  9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

So they said. Out of how many students? Who in recent years?

10. Denovo

Denovo Member

Embiid out here begging to have a real shot creator on his team lol.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. Htown's Finest

Supporting Member

When did this site get so soft? Asking for a friend...You don't draft players because you're scared a better player you could take in the draft might leave. Take the best player there PERIOD. We are drafting #2, we have 0 all-star players on this team, 0. At worst we'll have Green's bird rights and he'll be a restricted free agent when it's time to re-up for his first contract extension (and we simply match whatever offer he receives). After that point if you have the slightest feeling or get any idea Green might bolt to whatever other team then just simply trade him. It's really that simple, thank God Milwaukee didn't have that attitude towards Giannis when BSPN and other fake sports news sites were saying Giannis was going to the GSW to go play with Steph. And look at the Bucks now, they've got a great chance to not just go to the Finals but win the whole dang thing. Some of you guys need to really toughen up bro seriously and stop being so afraid of your own shadows.

Rockets4Life13 and saleem like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

I LOL'ed at the hyperbole but ...

Rudyc281 and Hakeemtheking like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

15. ARA71197

ARA71197 Member

Guard driven league. Mobley seems like he'll take 2-3 years to develop whereas Jalen Green has experience against NBA players and can become the starting SG alongside KPJ moving forward whenever Wall and Gordon leave. I know Mobley can switch onto guards and is really mobile, but I just feel like those type of players aren't really franchise cornerstones. PHX has Ayton, sure. But they also have Booker who is their go-to scorer when they need to score. All the talk of Jalen Green being a mixture of Zach Lavine/Bradley Beal has me believing he's the guy the Rockets can rely on. He's not great defensively, but the word is he can still guard multiple positions. For him, he'd improve his defense and his handle, but we're talking about a SG with insane potential who's been receiving a lot of praise lately, and would get even more had he gone to college in my opinion. I'm riding with Green for now.

Htown's Finest, Bo6 and saleem like this.
  16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Read my post again. My comments on Ayton’s impact were limited to defense and rebounding. Cp3 and Booker are not helping out at all in those areas. Many fans make the mistake of watching basketball and only seeing the offense. That’s 40% of the game at most. If Mobley can dominate on defense and on the glass, while providing just an average contribution on offense, then that’s enormous. As we’ve seen, Mobley is better than just average on offense. He’s an intriguing player.

17. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

Two guys who have been leading players on perennially awful teams. Two guys sitting at home on the couch during the playoffs.

We want to win, not just create offensive highlight reels.

HTXSportsAddict and Rudyc281 like this.
  18. Rockets4Life13

He definitely is an intriguing player but your points are bs.

offense is more than 50% of the game, it doesn’t matter if your defense is good if your offense is dogshit. Ayton on a team without CP3 and Booker is nothing and will stay nothing until someone who can create offense comes along.

also Mobley might be able to dominate on the boards as you’re talking about but he hasn’t shown that at all yet. He is a way below average rebounder especially for his height. He might be able to dominate on defense but he will get pushed around by bigs - just wait till he has to guard Jokic, he will just completely destroy Mobley. Unfortunately, Jokic is just 25/26 and will stay in the league and In the west for a while.

The defense of Mobley will lead us nowhere as long as we stay garbage offensively.

Htown's Finest likes this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So you're worried about Jokic and that makes you want to field a team where Wood is the only player on the roster at the 4/5 trying to pull all the weight himself? That's certainly interesting.

Also, Mobley is already a better passer and facilitator than Green and was a more efficient scorer. I'm not sure how you think a one way SG who can only call his own number and that wasn't even a top scorer in the G league is going to fix things on a team already full of players at the 1-3 spots.

When it comes to total impact, upside, and fit, Mobley checks all the boxes

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I just now got the irony of the thread title, lol

Plowman likes this.