1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Floyd Murder Trial

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rocketsjudoka, Mar 11, 2021.

1. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet
    Supporting Member

Yes. Not only did I only represent whites, the DA allows me to pick my cases and only prosecute people of color. Moron.
    I have noticed you have a tendency not to believe facts, so that is not surprising.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I notice you a tenuous relationship with facts.

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pot kettle black. Your choice of facts are so out of context at times. Sometimes an unbiased opinion like mine, who is against violence, regardless of party affiliation or the color of the perpetrator's skin can see the Capitol riots for the pure violence they were, and a cop like Chauvin as a smug murderer and dirty cop who deserves a lot of years behind bars.

I have NEVER supported those who loot, commit crimes, or carry guns out in the streets, and I do believe there are good cops who have a much tougher job because of the dirty cops.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Pot kettle white?

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Surprised this hasn't been being discussed...

Chauvin sentenced to 22.5 years

#1046 bobrek, Jun 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    mdrowe00, Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah I totally forgot about this. Damn that's longer than I thought he would get

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Yea, I wonder how long he will last in gen pop.

B-Bob likes this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

sentencing is a joke, but at least it’s something I guess…

mdrowe00 and Rocket River like this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

11. bobrek

I THINK 15 in MN is a possibility. Chauvin spoke briefly before sentencing. He had to be careful as to what he said, but he offered condolences to the Floyd family and then this very Trump like comment:

"He added, somewhat cryptically: “There’s going to be some other information in the future that would be of interest, and I hope things will give you some peace of mind.”

12. CCorn

CCorn Member

They arrest his mom too?

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Dude is not looking good.

Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Think he got 10 years more than the minimum.

Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

yeah, it’s no joke for any cop to get that sentence.

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

standards and expectations have dropped so low that 10 years more than the min and just 22.5 yrs with the possibility for parole after 15 is supposed to be incredible for murdering someone in broad daylight on camera

Yung-T, mdrowe00 and Rocket River like this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Not Enough

but better than that BS in Dallas a few back . . . .

Rocket River

mdrowe00 and B-Bob like this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah I had the same thought too. What really struck me was no sense of responsibility out of him.

This wasn’t something sudden that happened out of quick second decision, it wasn’t an accident and it was something that as several officers testified too wasn’t part of training or policy. He had a vigorous defense and still has the possibility of parole. Instead of showing remorse he hints at some evidence that wan ant presented before that is somehow going to make things right.

jiggyfly, Yung-T and mdrowe00 like this.
  19. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...maybe he's got the dope on where the Chinese got those fancy ink pens they used to doctor up those bamboo ballots that cheated the Donald out of the last election.

...or, maybe he's got the testimony of one of the patrons at that bar he and Floyd were rumored to have been seen in together, who'll cop to how Floyd was tipping all of the waitresses with a wad of fake twenties that his keen police skills was able to deduce.

If Chauvin keeps his mouth shut and he gets housed in the prison's ad-seg, he'll have his worthless carcass out inside of five years, where he can be the guest of honor at the Donald's second presidential inauguration.

...or...

...he gets tossed into the general prison population and we see neither hide nor hair of him for the rest of our lives.

...or his...whichever ends first...

rocketsjudoka and B-Bob like this.
  20. bobrek

This scenario makes Chauvin's cryptic comment make sense.

"I still think he's going to end up with a federal deal and end up in federal prison," said Michael Bryant of Bradshaw and Bryant, which was not involved in the Chauvin case. "So, I don't think it's going to matter."

Bryant and other legal experts told KARE 11 that a federal plea bargain might include an agreement by Chauvin not to appeal his state conviction. In court, Chauvin seemed to refer to these federal charges when he told the Floyd family: "There's going to be some other information in the future, that would be of interest, and I hope things will give you some peace of mind." Although he mentioned legal matters more generally, Chauvin did not specifically say anything in court about his pending federal case."