1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bleacher Report] Biggest Red Flags for Projected 2021 NBA Draft Lottery Picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by flamingdts, Jun 25, 2021.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I pretty much agree with all the red flags. If you’ve watched Green, his shot selection is hot garbage. I like him, but it feels like a constant heat check. Dude has stones that’s for sure.

joshuaao and daywalker02 like this.
  2. DaneB

DaneB Member

Also seems that Zion’s body can’t hold up, unless he does something different…Even then, he will be taking away his advantage.

3. Rockets4Life13

That may be the case but I’d rather have someone learning how to be smarter with shot selection than someone that doesn’t want to shoot at all. Just ask the 76ers, lol.

4. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Both those teams are perpetually fooling themselves lmao Luka is the obvious #1 pick in that draft, no question, team need doesn't matter. The Suns would be even better if they had Luka on top of CP3 and Booker right now

5. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I'd rather have Ben Simmons (or in this case, Suggs or Capela 2.0 with touch) than a potential J.R Smith/Gerald Green situation

6. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

note: all 19 years old have flaws. you are drafting on their potential and ability to correct those flaws.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think past players had those too but we weren't getting bludgeoned.

This social media era is something else.

8. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

IMO, Luka is the best player in that draft. But the Suns and Hawks sure as hell aren't complaining right now.

houston19519 likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's a team game lol, you need a team.

While the Hawks are a surprise, I thought the Suns had a very good group last year too, just didn't start well and Ayton was doped.

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

His shot selection is garbage yet he scores with Harden-like efficiency? If a guy is able to put up a TS% of over 60%, then it seems kind of silly to complain about his shot selection.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It's funny because Jalen Green was dubbed as the unicorn.

But I get it, Mobley is the mammoth of a human being with extreme athleticism and physical skill. It really will be a tough task to pick and choose who's skillset will best fit our team and their futures together.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

IF (big "if") it is believed Mobley can be the "next Chris Bosh", and someone you could slide about anywhere in the frontcourt (at least until he puts on a few pounds), then it'd be tough to pass on him. Our team's defense has been ass. And when I say "ass", I don't mean, YouTube 20-something round-glute workout ass, I mean stank ho paddled-with-a-waffle-iron ass.

Dude can put it on the floor, pass, has some range.

Since I can't foretell which star player would be put up for the #2-pick auction and you keep the pick.

HTXSportsAddict likes this.
  13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

No they're not "complaining" but they constantly feel the need to remind everybody (especially the Hawks and Trae) that they totally didn't F up that pick, and that speaks volumes to me.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

This had me LOL. It reminded me of when the 76ers drafted Shawn Bradley and tried to fatten him up by having him drink milkshakes.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

It's not always about correcting flaws. It's about how you hide them.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, I think I remember that.
    Even KD is still.........spindly? Some frames will add weight, some less so.

17. photojoe

photojoe Member

I wouldn't be surprised if, 5+ years from now, the best player from this draft isn't anyone of these guys listed. That's just how the draft goes.

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Funny how you and someone else is saying I’m complaining. I clearly said that I like him. He is who I’m leaning on hoping the Rockets take.

I’m more than sure you’ve seen his shot selection from distance, it can be quite crazy to say the least. I also said he has stones which imo a star needs.

I was simply stating that his shot selection can be poor. Is that complaining or stating a fact? I think Green has superstar potential when it comes to scoring the ball.

Maybe I should have been a little more clear in how I feel about his game.

19. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Have the Hawks been comparing Trae to Luka or something? Because I don't know what you mean when you say they constantly feel the need to remind everybody that they didn't mess up their pick. That's not normally something teams do.

20. Denovo

Denovo Member

Jalen Green has the most easily correctable holes out of these 4.

90% of his Defense and Playmaking will improve with film, coaching and the weight room.

It’s still understated that the G league is a much higher tier of competition than College.

He’s much further along than both Beal and Booker were coming out of college.