1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Say we want Mobley...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And he's not athletic enough, and he can't really shoot.

I like his passing and BBIQ but he's risky, I wouldn't even consider him at #2

Denovo likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yes I would like to see what gordon / wood can get us , especially if we keep the pick and the guy we draft isnt “nba ready”

wood still has lots of upside left . It’s conceivable to hold onto him . However he’s only got 2 years left on his deal and if he fulfills that upside will get paid .

wall is an albatross . Gordon I’m not sure . I think he still has juice and can be worth his deal to a contender .

I don’t think GS would do it , but #7 and wiseman/ oubre are interesting pieces .

I’m not sold on Wood as a good defender . His offensive game is very pretty .

I haven’t done enough research on Mobley yet .

there’s nothing wrong with a twin towers approach but bigs just bust/are maybe more injury prone .

I really really like tate .

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

its not just getting of Love though that’s part of it.

Christian Wood was so good last year… when healthy… he legit had potential to be an all star. He just didn’t have enough games.

there’s no guarantee Mobley is ever as good as Wood and personally I’d call it 50/50.

meanwhile the Cavs have been taking high picks fir 3 straight years. And if the idea is pairing Wood with a defensive 5… they have that already in Allen. Plus if he can ever stay healthy Gordon is a solid sharpshooter.

we can add one of our later picks if necessary.

4. JayZ750

well tbf I don’t think that’s as amazing an asset as some do. Sometimes up can get something back from a team… sometimes you just benefit from freeing up your own cap… but that’s 3 years (he’s under contract for 2 more years so the benefit isn’t till year 3).

meanwhile Love never plays

we can throw in one or both of our later picks.

5. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

I don’t see anybody trading out of top 4 given the quality of the talent there, but I could totally see a GSW trade for Wood. Question is would they be willing to part with the #7? Unlikely for just Wood, I’d think, but man the idea of KPJ, Mobley, and Mitchell is enticing and feels like a really solid core to build around.

6. HardenVolumeOne

saw this on realgm and cant say i disagree

"My question on Mobley is, why would you use a top 5 pick on a guy that's right now primarily going to have defensive impact?

Is he better than Tyson Chandler? He was one of the best defensive big men of his era, but I'm not sure he merited a #2 pick. It's easier to find defensive big men outside of the top 5 or in free agency. But offensive stars are harder to acquire."

7. JayZ750

Oh i forgot to add re: my Cleveland proposal. If the top two go Cade/Green, Cleveland is left choosing Mobley - who is very similar to Allen at this point imo (even though you’d hope his upside is higher) and Suggs when they’ve got two similar players they recently drafted at the top of the draft in Sexton and Garland.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  8. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

When was the last time we had a big that could pass out the post? Brad Miller? Risky, how? He's not big enough for it to be a hinderance to his play but not small enough for wings. Dude is athletic. Has long arms.

CADE/GREEN/MOBLEY could be interchangeable depending on what number they go and who is drafting. Suggs is a solid player but small at the guard. John Starks like. DO NOT WANT.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

He has a 6 foot vert.

Dobbizzle, Ramo$e and ApacheWarrior like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I've said this much but not exactly.....I mentioned to others, if not for West Coast
    bias: Mobley would go around #8 -- #10

rkh-dog likes this.
  11. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i prefer CWood at pf... he has the mobility to get out on defense - and a better defender blocking from behind on help defense than banging with bigs down low...
    plus he can shoot from the outside...

jus my opinion...

not sayin mobley is the guy necessarily...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

That's a cool Cat

Cuttiino should be proud

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm confused, he's both athletic and a big guard

Like seriously when did 6'4 205 become small for a guard?

lakersuck2, Rudyc281 and Ramo$e like this.
  14. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Maybe I should have said he's too small for my liking. Not even that because Kpjr is listed 6'4. 6'4 seems a bit generous for him though. He just plays small it seems to me. He's not bad. #2 pick worthy? idk.

15. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thats how I feel about green too small for my liking.

16. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Bingo. To be a good defender, you must have the thiccness. Green is super skinny.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That might be his height in shoes so he might be 6'3 barefoot, that being said he really doesn't play small. When I watched him the 2 things that stood out to me is - 1.Defense, he plays very strong on D, he's all over the court on that end with a high motor and 2.Passing, he has shown some flashes of really elite passing and vision, plays that you would see LBJ, Paul, Magic, Harden make.

Where he isn't wowing is his offensive creation, even though he was very good at finishing at the rim (which is an essential base skill to have). I like him, if he develops his offense he could be an elite PG

Ramo$e likes this.
  18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's talking about Suggs...

and it's not just defense, to score in the NBA, to really carry a team and to show up in the big moments, you have to have muscle (or ungodly shooting like Curry/KD)

19. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I’m not gonna lie, I’m coming around to wanting jalen green over Mobley

either way, KEEP WOOD unless there’s some offer that blows us away and is an obvious win

jimmyv281 and Denovo like this.
  20. Denovo

Denovo Member

Why are there concerns bout Greens weight but not Mobley at 7ft 215?

Shorter players put on muscle easier lol.