1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Breakdown of our choices at 2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 22, 2021.

?

Who should we take?

1. Green

223 vote(s)
    59.8%
  2. Mobley

110 vote(s)
    29.5%
  3. Suggs

40 vote(s)
    10.7%
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So? You said it's a fact that is very rare for a big to lead a team deep into the playoffs. It is very clearly not a fact. It's not even a good opinion. It's just wrong.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

raining threes likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I was talking about the last 5 years. I am not living in the very past.

Yeah you could count Kawhi as a big but you know what I mean.

And yes Giannis is important but there is an opinion that Middleton and the team have been carrying him in the clutch.

If you just go with the word 'fact' it can mean so much and span over decades too.

Nothing to sweat about.

4. raining threes

Wood can score around the basket and make rain threes. They are also about the same weight. Wood gets bullied around the basket, particularly on the defensive end. What makes you think the same thing wont happen to Mobley? Yes, Mobley could possibly put on more weight, but you could say the same thing about Wood. Truth is some body types dont allow much weight to be put on.

macho GRANDE and Madmanmetz like this.
  5. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

GTFO. You didn't say "It's been rare for a big to lead a team deep into the playoffs in the last 5 years." The implication was it has been rare in NBA history. If you meant 5 years you should have said it. NOBODY would have guessed that's what you meant. What you said is stupid. Go ahead and accept it and at least acknowledge that the way you said it was wrong. I can accept, "You're right. I misspoke."

Also, Anthony Davis won a championship just last year. No, he didn't lead them there. But they don't get there without him as not just their second best player, but arguably their only other good player.

Finally, why is every single one of your sentences a paragraph?

6. raining threes

Christians are wussies?

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Why are you firing at me, I have done nothing to your family lmao. No clue why you are upset about something I said.

We should all celebrate the second pick yet you are firing ish at me for no real reason.

Just cool down.

I am trying to find a ball handling big if that is clear.

If Mobley can do it, I am perfectly fine.

macho GRANDE and vince like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

How is Mobley possibly move of a project that Green?

I am fine with someone preferring Green over Mobley, but this idea that Mobley is a bigger project makes little sense to me.

Also what seems to be overlooked a lot is that the defensive upside of Mobley is the highest in the entire draft.

9. raining threes

The Suns won that game because Batum didn't switch on the pick.

Not because Ayton was picked #1.

This for me is a do you like Morant or a lesser version of Ayton pick.

10. raining threes

I think Mobley is going to get pushed around on defense due to his lack of weight. I mean he's 7ft tall and 215 lbs. I also question Mobley's offense and how much he will be able to improve his shot from outside. Mobley's ceiling is Ayton. IMHO Green's ceiling is Booker.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Batum switching on the pick is just 2 pts right? It doesnt win or lose the game the value is just 2 pts. Ayton had 14 rebs and 24 pts on 80% FG while Zubac only had 14 and 11. His overall impact won that game and not just 1 play which is worth just 2 pts.

Mobley has 3 pt range which Ayton doesnt have currently.

12. raining threes

The last sentence isn't true.

Booker had a bad game last night. If the Clippers had won would that have been because George outplayed him?

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Durant plays center in certain matchups, not all the time and thats my concern with Mobley, as with Wood both are razor thin.

Olynyk is perfect but he doesn't play defense! If I'm Houston, you have to go Green. We need a closer and I think him with KPJ gives us a potential lethal backcourt.

I would offer EG and #23 for Myles Turner. He's bigger than Mobley and offer the same traits or I heard of a Three-way trade between; Hou, Dal and Philly.

Hou- Porzingus
    Philly- Wall
    Dal- Simmons

Porzingus is interesting too

macho GRANDE and raining threes like this.
  14. vince

vince Member

At this point it’s a toss up for me… I need to see more about these players. I’m just glad we get this opportunity to debate who we should take at the number 2 pick. That is awesome in itself after the dumb predicament to get out from under Chris Paul’s contract.

I was just relieved that the Rockets kept their top 4 pick; getting to pick #2 is twice as good as I would have been happy, because a #4 pick satisfied me… When they jumped to a top 3 pick, that was awesome, and then getting into the top 2 picks was sweet. The cherry on top would have been the top pick, but #2 is amazing too..

15. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

College is completely different than the NBA. Wood gets pushed around on defense. Mobley will have the same issue. If you play them together then we will get beat up inside nightly.

The Rockets also try to spread the floor to give Wood room to operate inside. Mobley doesn't have an outside shot to create that kind of spacing as Kelly O. did. Wood does have an outside shot that can space the floor but Mobley doesnt have a post up game to take advantage of it.

macho GRANDE and YOLO like this.
  16. roslolian

roslolian Member

Tbh Rox have a problem at 2 lol if they got 1 or 3 then theres no choice its better. But I trust Stone he has made the right calls so far like choose Nets over Philly or choose tanking over Jarret Hayes+Levert quick fix. I'm fairly confident they'll make a good pick and tbh both are good anyway.

vince likes this.
  17. aelliott

Green isn't a primary ball handler. He plays off the ball. He fits great with Porter.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Rox wanna be bad next year lol we got 3 picks making the playoffs is not what you wanna do. All this talk of competing is just wrong we should be stocking up on talent.

I hope they get pushed around worst thing is make the playoffs and lose in the first round.

19. roslolian

roslolian Member

He takes 6 threes and beats guys off the dribble how is he off the ball?

20. aelliott

Green is far from a volume scorer. Straight out of hs he posted a 61% TS%. That's Harden level efficiency.

He's also not a bad defender. Certainly not elite, but he plays defense.