1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more Cade - Who do you want now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 22, 2021.

?

Who's going to be that franchise player for us?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2021.
  1. Mobley

87 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Green

168 vote(s)
    60.2%
  3. Suggs

45 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. Kaminga

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Luka does not think the Mavs can compete, how could the Rockets compete with less of a roster? That is way too much to trade for a disgruntled player on his last year who will just demand out immediately after. Essentially Harden + #2 overall + Wood + KPJ for an expiring Luka? That is the worst trade proposal I think I have seen on CF.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

After watching the playoffs, shooting is a must if you want to be a star guard in this league. 33 percent is horrific. There are no bad shooters in the current crop of all NBA Guards. Harden, Kyrie, Curry, Dame, Booker, Trae, Paul, Klay

3. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Mobley-trey Murphy 3 (or moody or butler) -jt Thor

upside-solid contributor high floor pick-upside

4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Any cap savvy guys that can help me understand how we move John Wall?

I love this core of young talent: Wood, KPJ, Tate, KMJ, and now hopefully Green or Mobley.

Can’t wait for a cap breakdown.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

This pretty much sums up what I'm thinking. Watching some highlights of Green he had some very impressive step backs and turn around jumpers. Looks like a pure scorer which would pair very nicely with KPJ in the back court. Wouldn't be upset with Mobley but he does seem somewhat redundant to Wood and why Suggs since we have KPJ. All of the first four guys taken could turn into very good players so I'm stoked to have the second pick. Just feel like Green would be the best immediate fit.

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Good point. But they need a stopper behind them.
    Easier to find a combo wing scorer than a legit 5ways big.
    Or not.

I dunno.

I would take either Green or Mobley. Slight preference to Mobley as his ceiling looks sooo high

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

KPJ is 21 dude. He's definitely a part of this team's future.

saleem and Ramo$e like this.
  8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Mobleys agility and foot work is underrated. Hes still young and has potential of building more mass..same for Green, while Suggs is limited in growth...I like Suggs but hes just too short for what he does. Hes no sniper like Trey Young or hes not anywhere athletic as Ja Morant. Hes a shorter version of Brandon Roy...so Suggs is out for me...

Mobleys is like a Bosh replica and I think everyone here will expect him to be just that, Bosh 2.0

Green has huge upside...young, super atheltic, his body is still developing. His shot is solid but his release is questionable. If we trade for Green, KPJ is gone IMO. They are too similar, but Green is much less risky...I also think for now Greens motor looks better than Mobleys...if Jalen works hard and continues to develop there is a small chance he can be Kobe lite

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Wood, picks 23 & 24 and another of the 1st round picks from the pistons wizards or bucks coming up for an unprotected pick from a crappy team next year.

There are a lot of bigs next year. You could then have two top 8ish picks because of the Rockets still sucking.

There is also this guy that is coming to the league. It's apparently a Harden that shoots like Ray Allen.... lol

Jaden Hardy SG – G League Ignite – HT: 6-5 – WT: 185 – WING: 6-10 – HSsr – Hardy is an elite scorer with ideal size for the SG position who is taking his talents to the G League. James Harden, Ray Allen

And his name is JAdEn HARDy.... again lol

saleem and Verbal Christ like this.
  11. PatBev

PatBev Member

I’d pick Green over Mobley

I like Greens aggressiveness & confidence to go straight to the G-League

I’d be scared to take a big man unless it was a clear top generational talent

KPJ/Green/KMJ is a real young and athletic group of guys

saleem and ashleyem like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If we suck again then I’m leading the Banchero or Bust chants. Plus contributing to the tip jar since I said the ROX would be a playoff team next year in a moment of blissful fandom. I like Hardy a lot. Compares similar to Jalen Green so I’d take Green this year and Banchero next year. That would be a dynasty in the making.

raining threes likes this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Trade Wood and 23 and 24 to Toronto for #4. Wood’s age is more aligned with VanVleet, Siakam and OG and they should be a playoff contender with that core. We use the #2 on Mobley and #4 on Green. Mobley, Green, Tate, KPJ and Martin Jr is a promising core.

Bigearz, Rudyc281, htownrox1 and 2 others like this.
  14. vick

vick Member

It will be whoever Tilmans kids wants.

raining threes likes this.
  15. DonatelloLimestone

they have mamba and carter jr, two young bigs already

16. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

****ing seriously?

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Unless they trade for other older players they will indeed suck again next year. Which is the correct move in my opinion. The Rockets are set up so extremely well for the next 15 years now. So much hinged on keep their pick this evening (along with that pick being good in two years and can attract a free agent) You bottom out these next two season stockpile young players. Don't waste assets unloading Gordon or Wall. Then with no salary bring in a max player and whatever else you can with all the young cheap talent because then you have to give your pick and trade swap with the Thunder after the next two seasons. Then let all of the Nets picks roll in the next several years.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It will be who ever Tilman wants.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

THIS

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Would you say Christian Wood is an improvement? They could use a scoring big to compliment the young wings in Ross, Cole and Isaac if they choose to retain him. Kuminga makes sense for them too.

Wood may not even have top 10 value.