1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more Cade - Who do you want now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Jun 22, 2021.

?

Who's going to be that franchise player for us?

Poll closed Jul 28, 2021.
  1. Mobley

87 vote(s)
    31.2%
  2. Green

168 vote(s)
    60.2%
  3. Suggs

45 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. Kaminga

8 vote(s)
    2.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Dude missed half his games due to injury. Was pretty good in the other half. I’d trade him with that concern even if Mobley isn’t the pick and sell high. You could probably get a 1st rounder for him from a playoff team. Perfect draft to do it.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

If jalen green is only 6’5 hard pass if he’s a legit 6’6 then he’s my pick over Mobley.

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I think they go Mobley, I hope they go green.

burlesk and Rudyc281 like this.
  4. VoR

VoR Member

Green. Might be a godsend. KPJ is better at point rotation. Get Brown too and we’re good. If we could resign Olynyk, we’re good to go.

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Well that would certainly be something to watch. If we get a young wing for Wood, it makes the Mobley choice easier. I personally want Green or Suggs.

Historically, we go for the big.

Stone has been around to see us dominate with Harden on the perimeter. I think he'll want Green or Suggs.

Tilman is old school and i could see him liking a big, BUT i think he wants excitement because it sells. Green would be his pick imo.

Silas imo will want Suggs or Mobley.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Looking at draft profiles I prefer Green over Suggs. Suggs needs to work on his FT (75%) and 3 (33.7%). Give me the better shooter all day.

That being said it’s a damn crapshoot. Just glad we have our choice.

7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I was thinking a top 10 pick.

8. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Mobley or green

9. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

KPJ can’t score well so we need Green to be the explosive SG. He will average 25-28 ppg one day while Porter is at 18 and 10

Dopamine, Bo6, charlieaustin and 2 others like this.
  10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I'm fine with either green or Mobley. I didn't want cade anyways..

Roc Paint and burlesk like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have only seen a couple games of each of these guys in the top 5. These Mobley highlights are pretty good. I didnt want Rockets to draft a center, but I like what I'm seeing.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Sell high on Wood and even try and get another pick in this draft. I’m not going to panic over any of the top guys this year. I do feel depending on the symbiosis of the pick in respect to current prospects on the roster it could add years to a rebuild. It’s why I like Green being injected into this team with minimal need to rearrange things.

charlieaustin and Caesar like this.
  13. DonatelloLimestone

I like Green a lot too. I love that he went to the gleague. If you're an nba high level prospect, college doesn't make sense. Not only do you have less games, less practice time and even limitation on times with the coach, but you play against less talented pool with ncaa style zone defense. In the gleague you are getting coached by nba players, plying at an nba pace, with talent that all dominated or were among the best in college, its a no brainer let alone you also get paid. Its definitely the way of the future

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Kpj mimics his game after Harden. He's too focused on stepback 3s. That's not a good sign

Rudyc281 likes this.
  15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Mobley has the highest potential apart from Cade.
    Potentially a Tim Duncan level defensive impact on the game. Decent vision and passing game too. Winning mentality

Trade Wood, keep Kelly, and roll with another awkward season of development. Potential would be there with Mobley and Porter as building blocks. They might work out to be a solid pairing?

Roc Paint, bumbum09, burlesk and 2 others like this.
  16. conquistador#11

which of the Jalens gives more effort on defense?

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The good thing is if we have a good GM then even if we draft a bust we can still turn it into something if we realize that and trade them away to another team that wants to rehabilitate that player.

So just having the pick is an asset basically, no matter who we draft or what we do with it.

I'm team Mobley or Suggs.

Preferably Mobley because I think hating on bigs just because they are big is a mistake. Mobley has handles for his size and is a decent shooter and he's mobile and can defend the perimeter, so he's not a liability or a big stiff like say Lopez or Gobert.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Just not Suggs. Please not Suggs.

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Jalen Rose. But he is long retired

burlesk likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Orlando has a need for a big and owns two top 10 picks.

burlesk and cmoak1982 like this.