1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best Eric Gordon trade proposal you can come up with?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 20, 2021.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

We're watching all the key players from the 2017-18 Houston Rockets enjoying big roles on contending teams.

Except one Eric Gordon.

I get it. He signed the contract and isn't owed anything, but at the same time, I can't help but feel this should be top priority this offseason: Finding Gordon a home on a playoff team and getting either or both of cap relief and assets.

Which team makes the most sense? One that could use Gordon and has the right salary and/or assets to make it work.

Sadly, I think Golden State makes a lot of sense.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Eric Gordon for Patrick Beverley (expiring). Clippers (asset poor) get a useful player and in win now mode.
    Eric Gordon for Ricky Rubio (expiring). Wolves get a "win now" vet. Gersson Rosas is knows EG well. EG would be a 6th man.

Not sure if EG can net a positive trade return, BUT I think you can move him for an expiring to a team that could utilize his services.

Deckard, Mkieke, Nook and 8 others like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

What's the trade though? S&T Oubre?

sirjesse, lilbird20 and xiki like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Playoff teams?
    Dallas? They are losing Redick and getting sour on josh Richsrdson.

Is getting Dallas to swap their tiebreak-winnig 21st pick with our tiebreak-losing 23rd pick, enough

tinman likes this.
  5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

NYK has Dallas' pick this year.

Deckard and malakas like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Let's hope he comes back healthy, so a potential trade including him can take place by the trade deadline to a contender.

xiki and fattz like this.
  7. rockets13champs

Lakers- Raptors- Rockets sign and trade:

lakers sign Lowry to a 25-30 annually

trade Kuzma + Attach their 2021 First round pick and trade him to Houston- he’s 13 annually for 3 years we build up his value and trade him again like OKC does with bad contracts.

Houston sends: EG to Lakers to Join Lowry

Toronto gets Montrez to Opt in and trade to Toronto and gets KCP.

So

Toronto: Montrez, KCP
    Houston: Kuzma+ 1st
    Lakers: Gordon and Lowry.

lakers then can fill up their rosters with free agent bigs. Cody Zeller, Nerlens Noel, Jymychal Green etc hustle type bigs or defensive minded bigs who fit their offense.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the best trade proposal I came up with is Eric Gordon for Devin Booker and 4 first round picks.

9. amn779

amn779 Member

Gordon and the 23rd and 24th picks for Wiggins and the Minnesota pick if it ends up conveying this year at 6-9?

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Something like this was on my mind. I'm not sure I would want to do it, but just kicking it around. Things that are hard to gauge are 'How does Golden State value Wiggins?' and 'What do the Rockets consider to be their timeline?'

With Wall's contract, I assume lining up salaries to expire in 2023 could be reasonable. Stockpile picks and young players on cheap deals until then.

I don't want Wiggins. I wouldn't want to pay Wiggins. But it could be a way to pay bigger money over a shorter span in exchange for potential building blocks.

Golden State has Minnesota's pick, the 14th pick and Wiseman. It's basically malpractice if they don't trade some of that for win-now pieces around Curry, Klay and Draymond.

I assume it would take Gordon and Augustin to get there from a salary standpoint. I believe Golden State is holding out for a Beal or superstar but I'm not sure they're going to get there.

burlesk, Deckard, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

New Orleans is feeling the pressure to make the playoffs. The Adams contract is terrible for them and a bad fit with Zion. Maybe we can get one of Lewis or Alexander-Walker along with one of their Bucks 1sts to swap Adams for Gordon and House.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Stranger things have happened, but they despise Eric Gordon in New Orleans. They still boo him.

13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

EGo + 23 + 24 (or 2022 FRP) to IND for Myles Turner

14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Oh yeah forgot about that lol Was just thinking basketball fit. Here's another one. If Memphis wants to add some more veteran leadership maybe they give us Bane and a filler contract like Winslow for Gordon? I really like Bane, would even add a 2nd to do it.

15. amn779

amn779 Member

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gordon for Powell and Josh Green if THJ walks from Mavs

17. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Gordon for Dinwiddie S&T

18. amn779

amn779 Member

The Minnesota pick won’t make them contenders for Beal if he’s available IMO. The Gordon trade is pretty “meh” from a GS standpoint, but it serves several needs for them: LT relief, veteran playmaking, getting off Wiggins k. Gordon for Wiggins and the 14th doesn’t make sense cause Wiggins k is so much worse. Maybe if it’s pick 6 or 7 we throw in 23 and one of the future WAS or DET picks that are more likely to land in the 10-20 range.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Even with Klay due to return? SnT for Oubre?

#19 xiki, Jun 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    BallaDoc likes this.
  20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Ok. knicks need a 6th man? Swap picks, with cap relief??