1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Carlisle Out Indefinitely

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Jun 17, 2021.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Bucks should just lose on purpose tonight so they can snatch up Carlisle.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

I've no clue if Luka and Carlisle get along as far as personal interactions. But speaking on basketball, what exactly doesn't Luka like about the Dallas system that's specifically made for him. And made him a star and a NBA household name?

If it's things like lack of personnel for defense, then that's more on the GM. Of the post game interviews I've seen, Carlisle always had positive things to say about Luka. And like any HC, when things don't go well, he deflect the blame from his star.

In most bball cases, success and failures lies with the players. the coach have influences but they're aren't the ones on the court playing. In which case, when Luka gets his all-star appearance, no Mavs coaching staff, Carlie's system gets any credit for development; it's all Luka. When things don't go well, it's everyone else. Luka in his early 20's, can he maybe just accept that Kawhi is in his prime, and in that series was better and got Clippers the win?

Carlisle evolved with the NBA, shooting 3's and listens to advance analytics. He's the current president of NBA coach association. He is old but he isn't stuck in old ways. It's not like he don't play rookies / young players. He did the opposite, put the ball in Luka's hand.

As these news about Zion and Luka leaks out, the word that comes to mind is ungrateful. Why don't those two guys just swap teams and cities and be done with it.

Winning titles is hard. The young NBA stars are so impatient.

#22 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Pat, Asian Sensation, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  3. i3artow i3aller

No mention of Luka lol :confused:

Reeko and Caesar like this.
  4. Caesar

Caesar Member

Boston is going to get themselves a hell of a new head coach and with Brad Stevens still around. Unless Portland offers him a crazy amount of money, Boston is the easy choice. I bet Larry Bird is upset the Pacers got a new coach a year too early, i know he and Carlisle are close from their playing days and when Rick was Larrys assistant on those great Indiana runs with Reggie. No chance Bjorkgren gets let go after 1 year.

bumbum09 likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

They already fired him.

(Carlisle/Bucks?)

hakeem94 and Caesar like this.
  6. thekad

thekad Member

I know a good way for Carlisle to piss Cuban off. Unfortunately that would cost Tilman money.

Jontro and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Oh snap. I missed that news completely. Wow.

Hmm. The Last Dace got Larry Legend and Carlisle reminiscing and like "we got unfinished bidness"

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

Bucks wont fire anyone

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We need to snap him up immediately and never look back. Silas is no Carlisle. No reason to be PC about this, just get it done.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

from Woj

The tension between Carlisle and 22-year-old superstar Luka Doncic had increasingly become concerning within the Mavs organization, sources said. Doncic showed up Carlisle several times this season, such as making animated gestures on the court when he disagreed with a decision or yelling at Carlisle in front of assistant coaches and teammates.

Richie_Rich, B-Bob, Jontro and 3 others like this.
  11. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

STFU... that would be amaze balls!

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

hmmm, seems like Luka is already a diva and has a ton of power

I wonder who that sounds like? I wonder if the same energy will be maintained. Probably not

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, Luka is seeming more and more like a diva.

Meanwhile, Trey Young, might be leading his team to the ECF...I mean, even being one game away from it at 22 is insane.

I just remember telling people to stop realistically comparing Luka to the likes of Lebron, Harden, Curry, etc...man ain't proved nothing yet outside of being an exciting young player.

14. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I'd love to know what Carlisle's problems are with Luka. My guess is it has something to do with him being a whiney little b****.

B-Bob likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Luka sounds like he’s getting a little too big for his britches.
    Calm down kiddo. This is what happens when superstars run the league, impatient and think they know better than anyone.

Slyonebluejay and Ramo$e like this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Doncic is also represented by Bill Duffy, who has had a rocky relationship with the Mavericks over the years as detailed by Tim MacMahon on The Lowe Post. MacMahon adds that Donnie Nelson, who was fired by Mark Cuban, helped the Mavericks manage the relationship with Duffy.

"Where Donnie was really important, just in terms of the Luka dynamic," said MacMahon. "Not just the relationship with Luka but the relationship he had with Bill Duffy, Luka's agent.

"The Mavericks, well before Luka... they have burned some bridges with Duffy. Bill Duffy was Steve Nash's agent. Mark Cuban had a multi-thousand blog post blasting Bill Duffy after Steve Nash's departure to the Suns way back when.

"Bill Duffy represented Darren Collison. Represents Rajon Rondo. Those guys had disastrous, brief, messy, contentious stints playing for Rick Carlisle.

"Bill Duffy is ultimately going to do what is in the best interest of his client, but my point in saying all of this is I don't think these guys are going to get benefit of the doubt. I don't think they've earned benefit of the doubt with him."

22 y/o Luka and his agent trying to run the Mavs

Slyonebluejay, hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The only reason Mavs finished as the 5th seed and took the Clippers to 7 games was because of Carlisle. Without him this team is a .500 team.

Slyonebluejay, sirjesse and Ramo$e like this.
  18. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Of course you would. They are literally creating another JH over there, if this is true.... Too busy worried about who is coaching or about tweaking the roster with ultimatums instead of focusing on not jacking up unnecessary 3s. Letting your team with you out on the floor miss 28 threes.

19. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Luka caused Kenny Rogers death? Those are some strong accusations.

20. Mr. Space City

Luka barely been in the league and moving around like he Lebron.

hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.