1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

And when he scored 13 in 33? Heartless?

Players aren’t defined by a single moment.

Did Tracy regularly play at a really high level and with heart? Yes

Same with Harden.

Claiming otherwise is dumb.

Curry is an all time player. Proven top 10 impact player in the league and still is now.

Claiming that because these last two years he didn’t make the playoffs he no longer belongs in that group is dumb.

If you think one claim is dumb and the other isn’t. Then you are dumb.

HP3 likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

The "standard" he's being held to, in this case, is demonstrating a strong finish to a playoff series after round 1. He's a great player regardless, but reputations are built on how you knock other teams out deep in the playoffs. Until he has more of those games, people will doubt him. You can come up with all sorts of excuses and say it's unfair and that other players wouldn't have been able to do more if in his shoes. That may all be true. I'm not arguing about that. I'm pointing out what's missing from his playoff resume and that it's disappointing that he may not be able to fill those gaps in a title run this year.

blahblehblah and rpr52121 like this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Whose defining anything by a single moment? It's called "giving an example".

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

where did i say that? i was saying acting like harden's playoff career has just been an endless string of bad games is a little ridiculous. i never said he was the greatest playoff performer ever, just that people build up other players (especially someone like durant, but also curry) as if they are just an endless string of great performances.

HP3, HardenVolumeOne and jordnnnn like this.
  5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Yes and I’d imagine you believe that the people giving an example of Curry missing the playoffs this year as proof of his inability to “carry” a team doesn’t make any sense.

I don’t consider McGrady someone with no or lesser “heart” based on that moment.

In the same way that I don’t look at the game Yao forced his way back in as all the proof I need to say that he has more “heart” than someone else. Nor do I think that because Yao was constantly hurt that he must not have been giving all of his “heart” to do what was necessary to stay healthy.

6. durvasa

OK. The conversation started with me expressing disappointment that Harden likely won't be able to prove his doubters wrong due to his injury, which resulted in another poster arguing he had nothing to prove because he's been more elite than Steph Curry. Sorry, I assumed you were of the same opinion.

HP3 likes this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Lost in the stories about harden and Kyrie injuries and the bucks playoff failures, is Tyler Johnson.

Is noone going to mention how ridiculously bad his head looks? Dude looks like hellraiser and Medusa made a baby.

8. TimDuncanDonaut

Tyler Johnson and Diakite arguing who has the best hair.

blahblehblah likes this.
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Several I'm assuming is at least TWO high intensity workouts. If this criteria holds... there’s only 5 days left between now and a possible game 7.

HP3 and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

do these same Curry lovers truly believe that if Curry led the Rockets vs GSW being led by Harden that Houston would have more rings than GSW?

11. durvasa

Who cares about these alternate reality, what if scenarios? These guessing games get us no where.

I'm talking about what has actually happened, and what needs to happen for Harden to be more widely respected as a playoff performer. He needs to demonstrate a strong finish to a playoff series past round 1.

JumpMan and blahblehblah like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I'm anticipating now for this series to go 7 in a dramatic matchup saturday night, where harden probably comes back. KD is that player where he can carry the nets to a win either tomorrow or thursday.

pippendagimp likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

lol. Nash thinks he's the disciplinarian JVG now. Doesnt he know Harden cancels practices, go to clubs the night before, rides private planes without the team, and can come into camp fat without repercussions? Yeah, this story might not end well.

#1654 cheke64, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Nets are severely outmatched…Bucks have been playing so poorly that it wouldn’t surprise me if BK did manage to steal game 5, but it will require Milwaukee having yet another absolutely atrocious shooting night, and the Nets role players stepping up

Joe Harris was invisible in the 2 games down in Milwaukee scoring 11 points total

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

17. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

I think the Warriors with Harden absolutely have more rings than the Rockets with Curry, but only because Harden is that good. I tell you one thing, though. Klay, Draymond, Iguodala, Livingstone, Bogut et all are all nice players, I accept that the Warriors did a better job to surround Curry with good players than the Rockets did to surround James, But still, you take Curry out of their mix and all those other good players don't sniff a title. Even with KD, I doubt that they would. Give Curry some credit, he was the top talent at Golden State. You take him out of Golden State, and those guys don't beat Houston. I think maybe they get swept. I bet that if the Warriors didn't have Curry, we'd all be here talking about the two titles (at least) that Harden won with the Houston Rockets. And I think James would probably still be here. We wouldn't be here in this freakin' thread living vicariously through the freakin' Brooklyn Nets.

#1657 DavidJuan, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  18. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

Well yeah. If somehow the Nets without Harden and Kyrie manage to get past Milwaukee, that's got to be the end of all the Giannis hype. I'm not saying he's not a good player, but twice MVP? If he can't even lead his team over KD and the scrubs, then cancel his coronation as the next great one.

Reeko likes this.
  19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I’m thinking there is no way Harden sits out an elimination game. He’ll play Game 6 if they are down. They won’t be able to say no.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sure they will.

But they cant heal the hammy.

He will be walking on the court even if he manages to stay on.

HP3 likes this.