1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

[​IMG]
    @adoo do you see FLGT "respecting" the 200 SMA? It went up in sympathy with other shorted stocks on 7 June, but cratering with them now, down 9% today. Was thinking of selling put @$70 strike if it goes below $70 next week.

2. adoo

adoo Member

should it breakdown the 200 MA, the so-called "last line of defense"

T I M B E R !​

#16682 adoo, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

All kinds of bullish technical signals for ADBE, whose ERS will be Wed,16 Jun after market closing.
    • bullish golden cross, as the shorter-term 20 dma has just crossed over the longer-term 50 dma
    • trading action has protruded thru the top of the recent trading channel
    • a 9-mo cup has been formed
    w ADBE closed at 541.26, constructed a bullish 10-pt PUT spread using 23 Jun Expiration
    • bto 535 PUT, sto 545, collecting a premium of $5.50, defining my max $4.50
      • at expiration, should ADBE close
        • > 545, my profit is capped at $5.50; i get to keep all the premium collected in advance
        • ~~ 537, the breakeven point, where i have to return the $5.50 premium that was collected in advance
        • < 535, my losses are capped at $4.50; i have to pay $10.00 ( $5.50 of which was collected in advance)

saitou likes this.
  4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

All the growth saas are back, NET at $94, ZM at $366, ayx $82. Still holding some but I'd been scaling them back to hedge for inflation. Should have just held.

peleincubus likes this.
  5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Any opinions VRTX? I made a bit here and there last year on it.

6. adoo

adoo Member

cause
    effect on the fixed income market

effect on the equity market

Techs, high-flyers and FAANG, are gaining their footings ready for a bounce

on the flip side
    Cryptos---not as attractive substitutes/alernatives as they were when the tech stocks were falling---
    have been sliding. ditto for base materials

recent developments in ransomware only add more bad PR to cryptos​

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

sorry, not familiar, but if you have insights pls share :)

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

nice! are you going to keep your industrials/materials or rotate out? i have a bit of rio, fcx, lego; or are materials still going to rise?

glad that i loaded up on apps. i think the market hasn't caught on to the transformational change APPS has undergone with its acquisitions, and recent bounce is purely in sympathy with the rest of the tech high flyers; will need to wait 3 months for next earnings when they start reporting for the combined entity.

for cryptos i've been trying to do my amateur TA in the bitcoin thread, imo deathcross for bitcoin coming around 17 june. if it crashes i've got $ in binance waiting to pick up some alts.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

nothing i have time to get in at the moment. i do think it has a lot of potential and is transparent about what is really going on there unlike a lot of boastful companies out there. and im thinking is at a good spot for an entry point.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

have you looked at biontech? another stock that's very hard to value because of the covid windfall, but it's generating a lot of real cash right now and beyond covid they have a mrna platform that can be applied to other stuff, plus there's always booster shots to sell.

11. adoo

adoo Member

Lordstown Motors CEO resigns after investigation into preorders

following an investigation into allegations that he and other executives lied about preorders for the company’s electric pickup truck. The startup’s chief financial officer Julio Rodriguez has also resigned.

The investigation found that while Lordstown Motors said on multiple occasions that a majority of the 100,000 non-binding preorders it collected were from commercial fleets,

this was not the case.
    It also discovered that “one entity that provided a large number of pre-orders does not appear to have the resources to complete large purchases of trucks,” and that other companies on the list “provided commitments that appear too vague or infirm to be appropriately included in the total number of pre-orders disclosed.”​

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@Sajan pls share your updates here as well if you see rumors on CTXR results leaking early; i can't keep track of every corner of the net haha. i doubt it's been leaked but surprised by today's move. Price dipped last week when DMC meeting date was published. Weird that it's going up now.

13. Sajan

Sajan Member

I just came to ask if you have seen anything. Let me see what I can find.

saitou likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Such immense joy watching AMC apes rally.
    Diletto straordinario!

[​IMG]

peleincubus likes this.
  16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Ziggy and CCity Zero like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Chop city

saitou likes this.
  18. adoo

adoo Member

my instinct tells me

if the Fed does nothing, it means continuing liquidity, which bodes well for techs

in the near term, i am setting up for some big bounce for fb / ADBE (off the cup) and this one (off the low of recent trading channel)

[​IMG]

#16698 adoo, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i'm already on the apps/zoom/futu boat. go all out for (profitable) ultragrowth haha. i was actually looking at value stuff that's down today. added FRG as its below recent insider buying price of $36.

[​IMG]

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

plus one on crazy german that can't believe dat classical musical skill!

RudyTBag likes this.