1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[WC Semifinals] (2)Phoenix vs. (3)Denver

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Suns vs. Nuggets

Poll closed Jun 7, 2021.
  1. Suns in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Suns in 5

3.0%
  3. Suns in 6

33.3%
  4. Suns in 7

18.2%
  5. Nuggets in 7

12.1%
  6. Nuggets in 6

27.3%
  7. Nuggets in 5

3.0%
  8. Nuggets in 4

3.0%
  1. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

I knew the Suns would win, but I really didn't expect a sweep. Good for them.

Houstunna and hakeem94 like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

i blame the POS who, after ruining the previous season with an injury, still saw he was on a contender, but instead of trying to make up for the injury, came in out of shape and broken down, forced harden to carry his ass all season while he tried to regain his health, then **** the bed in the playoffs and cost us a winnable series against a lesser version of the warriors, yet somehow managed to work up the nerve to constantly complain about the manner in which he was being carried (i'll play like i'm 45 but b**** and moan like i'm 25), leading to a distastrous trade that ultimately ended the 2nd best rockets era, and then, and only then, decided to get in shape and take care of his body for a 44-28 first round exit team because he wanted to go on a revenge tour against the team that gave him his best success ever and tried to carry him as best they could.

hope that hammy holds up chris.

4. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

You
    You sound so bitter and disillusioned.

If there is someone who constatnly **** the bed in the PO, it is Harden.

5. GermanRakete

GermanRakete Member

The Suns are showing they have THE NR. 2 SEED for a reason.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. francis 4 prez

when you come in out of shape and broken, play like ****, and cost your team a championship, they tend to write you off. did he want us to build a statue to 2019 chris paul?

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

he wanted harden to play like booker then it might have worked

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

my goodbness that was A MIDRANGE CLINIC!
    at some point cp3 must have scored a midrange on like 5-6 possesions in a row....

9. francis 4 prez

chris paul has played almost identical minutes per game for 5 straight seasons. last season with LAC, 2 seasons in houston, okc, phoenix. 5 seasons across 4 teams. MDA did not wear him out. he even played all but 2 games this season, almost never resting.

fckbandwagons and HP3 like this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

something harden spectacularly failed to do a few times

11. francis 4 prez

there is a less than 0% chance that morey wanted to trade cp3, the darling of analytics, for westbrook, the antichrist of analytics. i didn't either. despite how much cp3's waste of a year pisses me off, i never wanted to trade him. even a diminished cp3 (much less the new version), fit the team perfectly. still having harden and cp3 and capela with no warriors around any more would have been a great team. we'd still have this version of PJ, maybe we would have added someone else along the way. in this wide open year, who knows what happens.

i get why harden looked at 34 year old chris paul selling one of harden's prime years down the river and thought it was only going to get worse from there, but i think morey w/o tilman convinces him to run it back. if only harden wasn't friends with westbrook and somehow thought he was the answer. but no one is thinking of trading cp3 if he didn't look so washed. can't look washed the season after your injury ends the season and be wondering why people are shopping you.

HP3 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i beg to disagree rockets sometimes had a lot of luck they just werent ready for capitalizing on it
    2013 westbrook goes down with injury
    2017 parker and kawhi go down
    2019 durant goes down

13. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

BRILLIANT!

14. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I was one of the few that wanted them to trade Harden. I beg them to flip him to phx for Booker like the rest. Now we get to eat the crow of what the rockets team could of look like, play together team work. Instead we had me me harden for more years, and get nothing for him in return.

ronclone and hakeem94 like this.
  15. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Truth. The dude forced our hand

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a combination of Chris Paul's greatness and injuries to Suns' playoff opponents... oh and Phoenix being subpar for a decade.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Lol we know morey didn't want to trade him (doesn't matter when your owner and star player wants him gone) but when he did trade him, he added 2 first rounders and 2 pick swaps! Why? If "anyone that knows anything" knew not to trade cp3, why did Morey add so much just to flip him? Since most of yall knew cp3 would be playing mvp levels 2 years from then, Morey should have been the one asking for first rounders to be added on, right? And hes one of the best gms to ever do it.
    Hell even Stone didn't even have to give that much up to trade Russ lol

18. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

In OKC and now in PHX he was able to let the team work through 3 quarters while he's on cruise control, and then he'd turn it on in the 4th. That was not the case in LAC and HOU.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude, if you are being forced into a trade you don’t want to do in the first place with Sam Presti than that is the result. Do you know how many times it’s been reported here that TILLMAN forced the deal through. Morey didn’t want any part of this. Stone traded Russ for a worse player with an equally bad contract and a worthless pick. Russ was not seen as bad he actually was at the time.

fckbandwagons and hakeem94 like this.
  20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I had been pleasantly surprised with Mikal Bridges all year but didn’t realize until looking just now. Dude shot 65% from two and 43% from three on the season. Wtf? That’s insanely good. Plus he’s a long lanky switchable 3 defender.

TEXNIFICENT and hakeem94 like this.