1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nope.

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

LMAO…Maxwell literally quit the team

see, this is why dumbass Warriors fans shouldn’t be trying to talk basketball, especially if it’s Rockets related…you’re too much of a casual fan

u really thought u had a point huh…lol

jiggyfly, clos4life and YOLO like this.
  3. wekko368

wekko368 Member

You're just too stupid to see the point. Think about it. You might get it eventually.

4. HP3

HP3 Member

The post season is where everything matters.

He was the best player in that series. But it was against the corpse of a declining and injured Celtics team, dont make stupid arguments you know the answers too.

Its embarrassing that you think Harden doesnt have to play another minute in the playoffs and that his ring will really mean something, THAT is super embarrassing.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

nope, your point was just stupid, you’re just too dumb to realize it

when a moron thinks he’s the smartest in the room, we get posts like yours

this kid really thought he had something with that dumbass post…lmao

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'll take pity on your dumb ass and explain it.

Maxwell didn't play but 1 game in the 1995 postseason because he quit on the team. However, because the Rockets won in 1995, he's still considered a two-time champion. So the question is, do you think he considers himself to be a two time champion?

Remember, the issue is whether or not an elite player would consider himself a champion if he didn't make any contributions towards the championship. The reason for the lack of contributions is irrelevant.

I hope you understand this explanation. I can't make it any simpler.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

sigh, poor kid…this is getting sad from u

“didn’t make any contributions”…lol, he played the entire 1st round averaging 27 and 10 and could possibly return in this series if it lasts enough games

I must’ve missed where Harden was just ruled out for the rest of the postseason

Warriors fan, don’t ever try to talk Rockets basketball again…stick to riding Curry

jiggyfly likes this.
  8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Against the worst team in the playoffs. Boston with an injured Jaylen Brown, injured Kemba Walker, and injured Robert Williams.

When Marcus Smart is a team's 2nd best offensive player, you know it's a trash team.

The gist of the hypothetical was, if Harden missed the rest of the postseason, would he still consider himself a champion if the Nets won a title?

Maybe if you would actually read the posts you respond to, you wouldn't look like such an idiot.

9. Reeko

Reeko Member

the worst team in the playoffs was actually the Wizards, but I know u don’t watch games so u wouldn’t know that

actually kid, the gist was that if he did not play again for the Nets, then his value to the team would have been nothing and he’s useless for the Nets…no value and useless when he kept the team afloat as Kyrie and especially KD were missing games and as he averaged 27 and 10 in the 1st round

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why do you think the Wizards were worse than the banged up Celtics?

Can you provide quotes to support this assertion?

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

they play no defense, and Westbrook is garbage…we can start right there

go find them yourself…I can only educate u so much

YOLO and hakeem94 like this.
  12. wekko368

wekko368 Member

And Boston can't score. A team with a strong offense and poor defense is better than a team with a poor offense and average defense.

You made the assertion. The onus is on you to support it. If you'd like, I'd be happy to provide quotes supporting my assertion.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Boston can’t score, yet they put up a 116 offensive rating against BK in the 1st round…I’m sure Washington’s vaunted defense would completely shut them down

Russ is also garbage in the playoffs, and nothing will ever refute that

Brad Stevens is also >>> Scott Brooks

I come with facts, and u come with casual fan takes that are easily destroyed

so try again, or better yet don’t unless u can come with better quality

hilarious that u think u dictate any terms here…Warriors fan, please

YOLO likes this.
  14. Reeko

Reeko Member

anyways, that’s enough time spent on this little Warriors fan

Giannis is shooting 6-35 outside the paint this postseason and 23-43 from the line…that is astonishing

plutoblue11 and YOLO like this.
  15. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Brooklyn's defense is terrible. Were you seriously not aware of that?

Would you rather have Marcus Smart or Westbrook?

16. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Will the media turn on Giannis, if the Bucks get swept?

Will become the new punching bag?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

I think it’s already started, but he still has time to redeem himself in this series…a sweep would just be too embarrassing to ignore

Milwaukee’s role players and Middleton were horrible in BK…if that trend still continues at home then the Milwaukee roster is just full of chokers, and Bud will be the fall guy, but the guys on the team should be just as much at fault

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

interrupting this thread with some interesting comments from PJ Tucker ahead of game 3;

Tucker gave a reporter an incredulous look after being asked how he could defend Durant while staying out of early foul trouble.

“I don’t think you understand the magnitude of that question,” Tucker said. “Go out and guard the greatest player ever maybe and don’t foul him? Like, it’s gonna happen. I gotta be physical to be able to get into him. He’s going to score the ball. He’s gonna get 30 or whatever. I just got to try to make it as tough as possible. He’s gonna score the ball, you’re not going to shut him down, nobody’s gonna do that, but I can try to make him take more shots to be able to get it. I can try to wear him down, that hopefully in the fourth, he’ll not be as good. And that’s all you can do.”
    https://theathletic.com/2643148/202...-in-trying-to-stop-kevin-durant-and-the-nets/

Now back to the thrilling fight/squables rarely seen outside youtube comments.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

what does this have to do with curry?!

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

if we accept this reasoning, then there's also the other side to it, Harden has already earned the ring, that is made a meaningfull contribution to winning it, it's just that we didnt witness the mere formality of him getting it because of adam silver and scott foster machinations....
    so either way you look at it harden is fine, hes a champion. If you argue his winning the ring without playing the rest of the playoff games is meaningless because he didnt 'earn it', then you must admit he has 'earned it' in 2018., if not in both in 18 and 19