1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Trump ****ing BTC from the grave.

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

bitcoin bros, we still confident about btc going up this year? time to start averaging into crypto? chart is looking scary tho, 200 SMA is still acting as resistance and the 50 SMA is gonna crossover the 200 in maybe a week. Deathcross:

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/deathcross.asp

@Ziggy you adding here? not sure if btc is going to consolidate between 30-40k before next leg higher or drop-off below 30k when the deathcross happens.

#5242 saitou, Jun 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

$100k by end of the year is the floor

saitou likes this.
  4. Sajan

Sajan Member

oh boy.

BTCUSD
    The price is currently forming a Range/Consolidation at the moment, If price manages to break above the range then it is highly likely that price will touch $47K, however it price manages to break & close below the strong support area ($30,000-$29,000), it will be a very big bearish sign for the price and price might continue moving lower towards $21K..

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  5. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

technical analysis is for r****d degen traders

a bitcoin dollar cost averaging strategy will beat any algorithm to time buying and selling

dollar cost averaging also requires zero time/maintenance, you just set it and forget it

Space Ghost likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not adding here. But not sweating what I'm holding either. I don't really bother with charts when it comes to BTC (not saying you shouldn't use them), but BTC seems to be driven by unpredictable outside factors right now.

And Saylor always makes me feel better. I don't know if he's wrong or right, but he's definitely CONFIDENT. Puts his nuts on the dresser like @DonnyMost

saitou likes this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

whoa

edit: looks like its fake

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Please buy my dip... -Laser Eye Saylor Moon.

But yeah, discounts r a comin.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

space ghost got me all excited, was getting ready to transfer $ to binance, bleh.

Space Ghost and Invisible Fan like this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Timing makes a huge difference, and it's not like there's earnings to analyze on a fundamental basis here. This is pure momentum - nothing wrong with that. Sorry I'm bullish but I'm not a cult member, just because it kept rising in the past, its not a given that it'll keep going up forever, many factors that we cannot predict (regulatory action against exchanges, esg penalties for companies to hold btc on balance sheet, taxes, other coins, etc). If I was just looking at the technical properties of the coin, xmr looks superior in just about every aspect, btc advantage is momentum/first mover. If I miss out on the btc train because I'm too conservative I'm ok with that. There are Other ways to make $, don't need to jump on every train.

On musk's recent flipflops on btc, he's a shrewd biz man, I think there's much more behind the scenes at the corporate level than sudden awareness of electricity consumption, or being satisfied with American miners using "clean" energy, or reversing thar opinion again on a whim (hint: those precious carbon credits).

#5251 saitou, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    CCity Zero and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

13. Space Ghost

Anyone else want to mine some volcanos for Bitcoin?

14. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

[​IMG]

#5254 Xerobull, Jun 10, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Oh my more Lazer eyes!

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I read there's an incoming death cross with technicals but I'm itching to catch a falling knife this weekend with some shitcoins...matic and one.

Any takers?

[​IMG]

18. Space Ghost

Taproot is about to be confirmed. Bond yielding defi coming to the nearest Bitcoin node near you.

The question is will Bitcoin ever allow an ethereum signature on its blockchain.

19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Based on current trend, my guess is deathcross on 17 June. Since the drop from $58k its been consolidating in a descending channel. Gonna wait. I may add a bit more XMR and SOL at $200 and $25 respectively; but want it a lot cheaper before adding significant amounts. If the dip i want doesn't happen i'll just stick to stocks.

[​IMG]

#5259 saitou, Jun 11, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    Xerobull and Invisible Fan like this.
  20. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My sauces tell me that BTC is the only thing holding the market up right now. Also, a possible ETH rally could stop the bleeding too, but I don't see the volume there for Crypto for another bull rally any time soon. End of summer, or end of July at earliest, IMO.

Invisible Fan and saitou like this.