1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ocasio-Cortez tweets and other news

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Aug 26, 2018.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

She actually literally said that word for word.

2. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

A Casio wrist watch and Nike Cortez commemorates her?

3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

She needs to up her offshore money laundering game.

BigM, tinman and B-Bob like this.
  5. DonatelloLimestone

"Both do share one thing, however, when it comes to tax havens: Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have companies registered at the same address (also “shared” by 285,000 other companies) in Wilmington, Delaware. In other words, they make use of the “Delaware loophole” that allows for the legal shifting of earnings from elsewhere in the country to the ultimate tax haven state in the US. Neither, as Rupert Neate of The Guardian has written, has been willing to offer any explanation for this. That’s the political beauty of loopholes: Closing one is different from eradicating an entire practice, but suffices as a promise."
    https://www.thenation.com/article/a...and-hillary-clinton-have-one-thing-in-common/

6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All politicians are liars to some extent. All have two main goals, power and money. Insider trading, creating tax loops, personal protection, and the money train of lobbyists and white collar criminals they coddle.

For me, I just have to choose who I believe is less of a liar, beware of the one with more red flags, like numerous lawsuits in their past, the felons and associates they circle with, who is less dangerous, who is more acceptable of diversity, who is less of an inciter of hate, who treats others with more respect, and who shows more compassion for people in need.

I can't see many people in politics who bring up more red flags than Trump or a party that approves of him. I can't think of a less desirable person to pick from, no matter who it is coming from the Democratic Party next election. It's a no brainer for me. If Trump or anyone like him is chosen as the GOP's candidate, I will vote Democrat again.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

conservatives started a gofundme for the grandmother and supposedly raised $100k, the family turned the money down apparently

Astrodome likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

Owned

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  11. DonatelloLimestone

I agree, I gave trump a chance and he was Trump First. I'm shocked o see people i thought to be some what principled consevatives, thats not
    trigger the libs tv tuff, I'm talking they have a believe in more local access, accountability from bottom to top rather then centralized control, efficient less waste, fiscal responsibility, letting market guide(to what level varies), its not about agreeing or disagreeing with those premises, its more so watching those same people watch trump trash the budget, fiscal responsibility and debt be out the window. Foreign wars are not good unless saudi pays apparently, sadly thats the case with obama even. And more so decentralized control and checks nad balances for too much conslidated power apparently went out the window as they've gone back ot king george days and ask for the benevolence of trump, its baffling when he lies openly, the reciepts are there, but they still don't care.

So thats fine, i get voting him out and you can or should continue if that your wish, but that doesnt mean you can't call the current president out. its not this guy is not as bad as trump so i won't call this guy out. Its ok vote for him and keep pressure bc biden also of course...used the same tax loop hole for his 15 million in speeches and appearance fees...doesn't mean bring back trump, it means biden is president, keep rpessure for raising the bar and yes you can still vote for em

12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

is this a suggestion that we should start calling AOC "Little Red"? :cool:

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

AOC has a point here

15. tinman

Supporting Member

What about the Canadians crossing the border??

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

definitely the biggest problem Trump left for Biden to deal with

17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

18. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I can't stand AOC. She is only slightly better than Trump.

19. fchowd0311

Yikes. That almost makes you a Trumper if you believe that.

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

uh-oh, when you've lost Susan Sarandon you know you're in trouble

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...san-sarandon-protests-aoc-squad-b1892202.html

Susan Sarandon leads protest against AOC and the Squad: ‘We are losing hope that you represent us’
    ‘To see the very people that sponsored the bill not stand up for it, is very disheartening,’ Sarandon says of Medicare for All push

Gustaf Kilander
    Washington, DC
    @GustafKilander
    1 day ago

Susan Sarandon has appeared at a protest against New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and her “Squad” of progressive lawmakers outside the congresswoman’s Bronx office.

“I’m here to say to the Squad, and especially AOC, who, you know, did make a lot of promises, that we still have faith in you and we would like to see if you have a better plan than we’ve been able to see, please share it,” Ms Sarandon told the assembled crowd using a megaphone.

The event was advertised as a Medicare for All rally. “If there’s a pathway you’ve got that we’re not aware of please share it. Because we’re losing hope here that you represent us.”

According to the event page at actionnetwork.org, the protesters were demanding that Ms Ocasio-Cortez “call on Biden to declare a pandemic public health emergency and expand Medicare to every American using Section 1881A of the Social Security Act”.

The US Department of Health and Human Services first declared the existence of a public health emergency on 27 January 2020, during the Trump administration. Trump Health Secretary Alex Azar renewed the declaration four times before leaving office. His predecessor under President Biden, Secretary Xavier Becerra, has renewed it twice, most recently on 19 July.

The protesters also demanded that Ms Ocasio-Cortez “use every legislative tool available to pass Medicare for all in Congress”, that she uses her “huge social media followings, ability to get press, and celebrity to organise direct actions for Medicare for all”, and that she meet with her constituents and organisers to put together “a fearless new campaign for single-payer”.

“So many of these progressive candidates like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ran on being activists fighting for change. It’s time for them to leverage that power to help call on the people to come out and pressure Congress to do the right thing for once,” the event organisers write.

“You campaigned on Medicare for All. But you didn’t demand a floor vote on it when you had the power to leverage the Speaker vote. You didn’t demand that single-payer be included in the pandemic recovery bill,” their petition adds.

“You moved the introduction of the House bill till after the stimulus bill passed reducing your own leverage. You have never demanded that Biden use Section 1881A of the Social Security Act to expand Medicare to every American by executive action.”

Ms Sarandon added in her speech: “It’s so difficult for people that are independent to get elected in the first place – and then to see the very people that sponsored the bill not stand up for it, is very disheartening.”

The Independent has reached out to the office of Ms Ocasio-Cortez for comment.