1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

There's still the Joker! I love watching that dude play. But yeah Nets looking unstoppable. Maybe a healthy Embid lol...

2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

The scary thing for the Bucks?

Blake Griffin has yet to hit his prime.

jiggyfly and hakeem94 like this.
  3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

And lamarcus aldridge is coming out of retirement.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Not sure... But probably makes sense

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s like saying the Spurs didn’t need Kawhi because they annihilated us in game 6…nah, we choked led by Harden

the Bucks are choking led by Giannis

The Nets minus Harden are a team on a level that’s almost 40 points better than the Bucks? Fck no, the Bucks are just choking hard

I see no reason to believe that Harden and Kyrie with no KD wouldn’t have beaten the sh*t of Milwaukee with the way they’re choking

most people had Nets in 6, and it wasn’t because Harden was holding BK back from their true potential, it’s because a lot more was expected from Milwaukee

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, Maybe I'll try to go to game or something, but means I'd have to go to Brooklyn. Sigh.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I remember after game 1 saying "The Bucks can't play any worse, so that's good..." and yet they somehow managed to pull it off. They shot better but sucked at pretty much everything else...

So the only good thing The Bucks have going for them is they go home. Maybe they can find some swagger and confidence at home.

the Nets are not 50 point better than the Bucks, the Bucks mental toughness has to be questioned here. Not that the Nets can't beat them without Harden but these last two games have been complete embarassments. The last time I saw a supposed contender embarrassed this bad was the Clippers collapsing to a Josh Smith and Corey Brewer led Rockets.

8. HP3

HP3 Member

alright bro, we are done with this.

9. Mr. Space City

They said the Bucks have enough bodies to slow down the Nets Big 3…

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

The bucks have been getting embarrassed for a few years now. And they’ve been absolutely heralded as contenders with their mvp in that time span

Phillyrocket, Zboy and JayGoogle like this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

I hope you are right in this regard but the fact is, they Bucks are not some chump team and the Nets are bludgeoning them right now and they are doing it without Harden. We dont know if the Nets defense is actually better or if the Bucks are actually imploding.

Dont ever say this **** to me ever again. You should know by my posts that I would never try to do something like that. You may not agree with what Im saying and I dont posts with agendas like that.

12. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

The Nets really are that damn good, but the Bucks are also doing a good job of living up to their reps as playoff p*****s. If they're up against anyone who can actually fight back they just collapse.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

We do know that the Bucks are imploding, we’re seeing it unfold live. 6-30 from 3 in game 1, and didn’t even score 90 points in game 2. Credit to the Nets D, but that is still is an absolute choke job.

Were the Rockets a chump team when we lost by 39 to the Spurs without Kawhi? Were the Spurs actually that good minus Kawhi in comparison to us? No, we just choked hard. That is what Milwaukee is doing.

You’ve been going on and on about how this is embarrassing for Harden, he made a mistake with his career, etc like he should be on the sideline upset when he’s probably laughing his ass off at Giannis getting exposed, The only one who should have any embarrassment whatsoever is the Milwaukee Bucks.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Never imagined that someone would accuse YOU of having an agenda to purposely discredit or embarrass Harden.

In fact, the "issue" here is that you're worrying too much about Harden not getting "enough" of the credit.

#754 blahblehblah, Jun 7, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    HP3 likes this.
  15. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats a good point.

Maybe yea.

Yea cause thats what I felt at the moment watching as the Nets were dismantling the Bucks and I still kind of feel that way. But I cant believe that you would accuse me of trying to have an agenda to discredit Harden. Dont do that ****, because you know I wouldnt do that. Its disrespectful. You can disagree thats fine but dont accuse me of that.

16. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Here's my take on Harden on the Nets. Before Harden joined the Nets, the Nets weren't playing good basketball. Irving spent last season feeling like he had to carry the team, and then this year they were about .500 before Harden joined with Irving and KD both trying to figure out how to carry the team. Once Harden joined the team and embraced the role of facilitator, the rest of the team got a real chance to show how they could contribute...the roles became more well-defined. And it helped that Irving and KD missed a bunch of games, because it gave the other players a chance to really show what they could do...and it proved to Irving and KD that they could trust them. So Harden is the one who really got the team to gel...and now that he's out, his impact continues to shine with everyone able to do their thing. Harden got Irving and KD to buy into the team concept...and now the Nets are unstoppable.

Nick_713, Zboy, hakeem94 and 5 others like this.
  17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

A healthy Embiid is a unicorn. It doesn't exist. Really it should be street clothes embiid.

hakeem94 and blahblehblah like this.
  18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Or that KD and Irving were pretty much hurt or disinterested for the regular season.

19. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Whether they were disinterested or they felt like they had to do everything by themselves doesn't really matter. In either case, they weren't trusting their teammates...but all of that changed when Harden joined the team and played unselfishly.

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This. The fake MVP has been going home early for years now.

Rocket River likes this.