1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about alt coins? V.1 [discussion]

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LosPollosHermanos, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

It's already been talked about a lot, rank 78 and 1bil cap, so wouldn't call it sleeping exactly. :p

Interesting project though, has some room to rise.

2. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Relatively in terms of what people talk about for ADA and the fact that already doing what the former is proposing to do. I wouldn’t say a ton of people in the crypto world know about it. 1 bil market isn’t much in crypto world

genuinely curious since you know more than me, why “some room”? I think at a minimum reaches algo and similar coin market cap..

#882 LosPollosHermanos, Jun 3, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

CUMMIES up 220% on elon tweets. makes me want to sell all my stocks and just wait for the next elon tweet.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

What a pos

saitou likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Hey man I was suppose to join the chat but I've been busy working 7 days a week learning mri physics. I'll get in soon. Yall still doing it right?
    @IBTL

7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I thought you were in already

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i've been looking at solana - could it be the real eth killer? quite a few promising projects on it, even usdc.

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Bitcoin is in a league of its own.
    Ethereum is in a league of its own.

None of these smart contract platforms are truly competing against Ethereum. Now there are shitcoin platforms like EOS and Tron, and IMO, Cardano. Polkadot and Solana could amount to something. They are both too new to make judgement at this time.

saitou likes this.
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

11. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

With all this tanking happening how does cf feel about it being a storage spot going forward?

I thought to move some there as much as a way to park money as any..so storage and some win maybe between now and say oct 31?

Yes ? No?

13. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

What you axing bro

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Do any of you'll stake stable coins as an alternative to holding cash in a bank account for yield? Is there a safe option for doing this, or is it a high risk/high yield type of affair? Advice on where/how?

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Since coins are down.. instead of holding cash in bank how do you feel about it in bitcoin,eth starting now

16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Ammature traders make the mistake on not having an exit strategy. No exit strategy is basically gambling. Bitcoin is a 4 year hold cycle, and since the entire crypto market is tied to BTC, the same applies to alts also. Shitcoins get washed away during this cycle.

That said, if a new person comes to me asking about investing in Bitcoin, I first ask them are they looking to trade, invest or gamble. I explain to them if they are not going to hold BTC for 4 years (never trading), then they are better off getting advice from random shitcoin pump channels on youtube.

Invisible Fan, IBTL and DonnyMost like this.
  17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

My first go-round with crypto was a disaster. I bought in during the hype of the 2017 bull run and lost my shirt during the downturn when I panic sold.

About a year after that fiasco I went back in more cautious and eyes wide open. Four years later my investment changed my life forever by helping me buy a home for my family.

Learn about the product(s), if you believe in them, then buy in and stay in unless you have something important you can leverage fiat for (wiping out debt, buying a home, emergencies, etc).

If you're looking to get rich quick, then good luck, but I have nothing to offer you beyond pity and warnings.

saitou likes this.
  18. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I have 30k in loose cash i'm looking to use towards a house in about 120 days basically this fall.
    Instead of holding it in checking account I thought to buy 30k of bitcoin (15k)and ethereum(15k).
    I'm asking your opinion on a basketball bbs so I take it for that but thank you

TWS1986 likes this.
  19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

...Why?

You're 4 months from the finish line. Just ride it out, dude. Risking your down payment this late in this game is a terrible idea. Like, way, way bad.

If your purchase date was years away I'd say maybe and even then only put in what you can afford to lose outright. The rest would do best as index funds or something.

Also, beyond the risk, whatever you put into crypto basically might as well not exist in the eyes of a financier/banker who is working on your loan. If you try to get approved for something and show them a crypto balance sheet as proof-of-funds they are going to turn you down hard.

20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

I'll take some of that loose cash my man. Ayyy.

IBTL likes this.