1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

if Wall believed Harden, now in Brooklyn, was excited to play with him ... he was mistaken. w/o hypotheticals.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I imagine Harden as well as Durant will get a ton of criticism from the NY media and general public if they fail to advance past the Bucks. The Heatles were killed after failing to beat the MAVS in the Finals. The level of criticism will be determine by how well Harden plays imo, If he plays poorly he will get killed. If he plays well, it will mitigate a lot of the criticism despite losing.

As the post you've quoted pointed out... IMO a smart move.
    Where did I say making noise would have been enough?
    Agree to Disagree about SA being the last time... IMO game 7 vs OKC was the last blemish but that's just me. As to why would he **** the bed? I'm not predicting he would or wouldn't. The post you quoted just mentioned it as one of the possible outcome. Harden playing great, good, average, below avg, ******** the bed terrible are all possible outcomes and since I cant tell the future I can't eliminate nor explain why it or any of those outcomes should or shouldnt exist.

3. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Actually this is correct... somehow lost the thread of my point. If Harden told Wall he was excited to play with him, then while Wall was indeed mistaken, it also explains why Wall would have that belief... because Harden told him.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Its no wonder or mystery how Wall came to that impression if Harden told him that he was excited to play with him.

5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's obvious you want to pick and choose what's a blemish, while not a great stat line 17 points and 9 assist is not a blemish.

Especially considering his stat line for the entire series.

Unlike the Heatles, BK is not even the favorite to come out of the east, so no they will not be killed the same way and also they did not say they would win 6 championships and you know all of the injuries.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

actually there is if you’re not an aware person which u just claimed applies to Wall

obviously Wall and Harden came away from whatever convo they had believing 2 totally different things

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

The nets have been the favorite to come out of the east and win the ship pretty much all year. Not sure where you got they’re not even the favorite

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

It should be obvious, since i explicitly stated that its my opinion YMMV. If you follow the game thread in that game 7, I'm not the only one thinking that was not what we wanted or expected from Harden in a win or go home first round game 7.
    Again you are free to disagree.

IMO the Nets are the favorites, not sure about the vegas line tho. I don't know how much criticism they will get for losing but I'm guessing it will be substantial if they play poorly, especially Harden and Durant. Maybe it'll be like you said... that Harden and Durant will get zero or little flak for failing to make or win the finals/championship... I just don't think its likely in today's sports/media/culture environment.

Edit to add: converse is true also. Harden and Durant will get more credit/love for how good/great they perform. If Harden clearly outplays Durant, he will get a ton more credit. Likewise for Durant. It'll be similar to the Curry/Durant pairing. Tho in that instance it was Durant joining Curry's team and in this, its Harden joining Durants.

#4868 blahblehblah, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  9. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Totally possible they had 2 different understanding of the same convo. The mystery I'm solving for you is how Wall could've came to that mistaken belief. Either Harden told him so ( honestly or not) or Wall misconstrued it or made it up in his mind.

Not hard to figure out or wonder how - if the possibilities are so obvious.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

since I don’t buy that Harden was proclaiming how excited he was to play with Wall who hadn’t played ball in 2 years when he was orchestrating his way out of Houston, and his actions clearly show there was no excitement there, I am actually wondering what was said to Wall that he misconstrued so that he could come to the mistaken belief that Harden wanted to play with him, and u didn’t solve that

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I hear a lot of people saying the Bucks are going to win it.

You do know not everything comes down to the betting line and its no way they have been the favorite with all of the injuries.

We are talking about narratives and betting lines rarely come up in the narrative it's what the talking heads are saying and a lot of them are picking the Bucks.

I can find many moore.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yes it does. And yea they’ve been the favorites even through injury bc none of them were season ending. It’s been the nets and lakers all year as the top 2 favorites. So yeah everything does come down to Vegas when we’re talking about actual favorites. Opinions by the likes of vids you posted make no difference. Perkins and chuck are supposed to be some tell all on who the favorite is? Nah, Vegas couldn’t careless what they think. It’s the same as you thinking nets aren’t the favorites when you don’t matter and in reality they’ve been the favorites pretty much all year. I’ve tracked the odds all year long and even posted them on the board.

#4872 YOLO, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So the vegas line is gonna come down on the Nets?

None of the talking heads go by betting lines and it's the talking heads who will be ones commenting and a lot of them are picking the Bucks and have picked the 76ers as well before the injury.

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

that I cant help you with. As you can see in the post quoted, I was only solving the mystery as to how Wall could have possibly come to that conclusion.
    the question of what Harden told Wall, whether it was true, made up or misconstrued is undetermined, since Harden has neither confirmed or denied Wall's statements. You either take John Wall's word for it, assume he is lying or mistaken.

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

what are you asking?

as for talking heads, sorry I havent kept a tally on their views. My general impression is that the Nets are favored, maybe I'm mistaken.

16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes those videos make a difference because those same people are gonna drive the narrative which is what the topic of convo is.

I am not disputing what the vegas odds are because they are not relevant to this conversation.

The MEDIA is the one that drives the narrative and with them the Nets have not been the favorite all year, the 76er's have been the favorite just as much and now the Bucks are getting favorite talk.

You can't come in here in change the dynamics of the conversation because you only care about vegas odds, because that's not what I am talking about.

We are talking about if Harden will get any **** like Lebron did and I say no because the Heat team was more heavily a favorite with the media.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

nah they don't. the narrative has nothing to do with whats being discussed here. Vegas is out here waiting for perkins and chuck to set odds. absolutely not. that makes no sense

If you're not disputing it, then you're talking about two different things. You said the nets aren't even the favorite when in reality that's what they absolutely are. That's what my reply said. You're then talking about who some people think will win, which is completely different. I couldn't careless what black hole chuck thinks or perkins

I didn't change anything. It's a simple fact. The nets are the favorite. You said they aren't which is 100% wrong.

18. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I am not asking anything.

The vegas line is not the one who will judge Harden and the Nets it's the talking heads so what are you basing your theory on if you don't know what the media is saying and who is a favorite?

It's about 50/50.

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

LOL now you get say what is being discussed here.

Sorry but not gonna change the topic because you want too.

Later my guy.

20. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Sorry which theory?