1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I agree with this. Harden either lied to Wall, was confused, was being polite or was telling the truth but later had a change of heart. Only other possibility is that John Wall made up/hallucinated/catfished the entire conversation in his mind.

2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

So we don't know what exactly was said (except what Wall stated) but you automatically blame Wall for the confusion.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I found out that people can say a lot of things during 24 hours. Imagine in days, weeks, months.

4. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Agreed. KD supposedly changed his mind about joining which teams every couple hours or days prior to picking the warriors.

edit to add: If I was Harden or similar caliber of player and position, I wouldn't be excited to play with Wall either lol. That said, you cant blame John wall for thinking so, if the dude literally told him exactly that lol.

5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Harden was too polite

while Wall extremely lacked self-awareness

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

he was clearly mistaken

7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

even if Harden explicitly told him so?

8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

definitely a possibility.

Harden doesn't seem the most articulate person and Wall not the most aware.

9. vlaurelio

he was being polite

do you think any one seriously persuing a championship would love to have Wall take up 40M of the salary cap?

personally, do you think a team with wall making 40m has a decent chance at the champioship?

the only lone too stupid or blind to believe that is wall, his family, and his fans

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. vlaurelio

so how should Harden have articulated it?

jiggyfly likes this.
  11. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

He should do it in any manner in which he chooses to.

IF he never said anything like that and Wall made it up... the fault lies with Wall.
    IF he was just being polite and Wall instead took it literally... the fault lies with Wall for the miscommunication.
    IF he was being honest and later changed his mindset... the fault lies with Harden for not later clarifying
    IF he was being dishonest and never bothered to clarify... the fault lies with Harden for the miscommunication.

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

supposedly or explicitly?

13. vlaurelio

let say if you are in Harden's shoes and the Rockets just traded WB for Wall

would you
    A) not call Wall at all
    B) call Wall and say he's excited to play with him
    C) call and say Harden's about the leave anyway
    D) call and say something else?

14. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

First quote I'm referencing what supposedly happened and reported.
    Second quote I'm proposing a hypothetical to Reeko. If _ then _ ?

We don't know what was supposedly but reportedly said. However we can ask someone a question ASSUMING a condition is held to be true.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’m sure Harden was proclaiming how excited he was to play with John Wall while never having any intention of playing this season in Houston…whatever convo they had, John Wall came out mistaken about what was going on

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He will not actually get that much criticism because he has made BK relevant and he is still in the honeymoon phase.

Harden was tired of "making noise" he wants to win it all and that's why he left.

I have no idea why you think making noise should be have been enough.

Harden has not **** the bed since that game against SA so why would he do it now?

17. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

SO your opinion is, even IF Harden explicitly told Wall he was excited to play with him, its John Wall's fault for believing him?

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

depending on my mood and the day, all of those options are a possibility lol. how much I would fault myself for the choice however would also vary.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

still baffles me that people think this Rockets team could’ve done anything of significance if Harden had stayed

If he had stayed here, we would’ve likely been the team getting our ass beat by PHX in the 1st round, and that’s if he was his usual ironman self. If Harden had injured his hamstring this year while in Houston and missed that much time, we’d have been battling San Antonio for the 10th seed and last spot in the play-in at best.

jiggyfly likes this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden explicitly telling Wall that is what u think…I already said we don’t know exactly what Harden said to Wall, and it’s clear that whatever was said, he came away mistaken