1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[WC First Round] (4)LA Clippers vs. (5)Dallas

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 21, 2021.

?

Clippers vs. Mavs

Poll closed May 22, 2021.
  1. Clippers in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Clippers in 5

26.1%
  3. Clippers in 6

30.4%
  4. Clippers in 7

17.4%
  5. Mavs in 7

13.0%
  6. Mavs in 6

8.7%
  7. Mavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Mavs in 4

4.3%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Kawhi wins like this, he has a good chance to go the Finals.

Boardman gonna boardman. Where he faces Durant (again) or the Greek.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

3. i3artow i3aller

That early start time for a game seven is garbage :eek:

Rocket River likes this.
  4. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

That game yesterday was one best I've ever seen. Was hoping for a retro rerun for post play but the refs wouldn't allow it.

bmelo likes this.
  5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Honest question. Do you guys think Kawhi slacks off most of the time. He obviously is capable of scoring 30 or more anytime he wants.

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

It's just odd. The ceiling for a Porzingis-with-no-springs is basically Lamarcus Aldridge. Play more in the post with your back to the basket, knowing you can either overpower your defender, shoot over your defender (because you're freakin' 7'3'') or both. So you should never just get 7 points on 7 shots. Should be 16+ points every game, especially since all the Clippers are focused on Luka.

Whenever the PnR or screen is utilized correctly between Luka and Kristaps, the smaller defender should always be rotated onto Porzingis. Porzingis should then bully that dude into the post to await a Doncic pass.

Obviously I'm not a coach on any level, but it just seems so simple to me.

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Kawhi is consistent. He just wasn't blessed with a durable body. So maybe he load manages or something. And maybe I'm tripping on this, but his shot is usually like a laser, line drive and sometimes it has a nice arch on it like it did last night.

8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Happen to Astros in the World Series...

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah if it has a soft touch, it will go in more often than not.

10. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

The reason this doesn't happen is simply because porzingus has been terrible in the post. He avgs something like 0.5 points per poss posting up. Thats beyond dreadful. Porzingus has little strength in the post. He lacks footwork, has little feel nor does he have any patented moves to rely on. Perhaps with dedicated practice porzingus will develop a post game... But tight now it's non existent.

11. H.D.

H.D. Member

Didn't "kiss of death" series play out like that? (thinking one of the PHX series did, too lazy to look up)

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

No home team only lost first four games in there series. Similar to T-Mac vs Mavs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

It's crazy cause Porzingis is supposed to be the perfect modern center. In his second year he looked like a hybrid of Capela and Myles Turner in a 7'3 body. Elite roll man and shot blocker with a silky three pointer. I don't know if it's cause of injuries or something mental but his game is completely different. He lost the attitude that he used to play with. Maybe he's just one of those guys who can't function as a second fiddle to someone else.

napalm06 and ElPigto like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

KP has completely fallen off the map…I thought he was gonna be a big star in this league

the KP in NY was the type of young player I would’ve taken in a heartbeat in a potential Harden trade and be very excited to watch grow and develop

ElPigto and Rocket River like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I hear he don't like Luka
    so maybe it is time for a new situation for him
    I don't know where he would shine though
    I would still take a flyer on him but I think he wants too much money or would cost too many players/picks

Rocket River

17. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Mavs would get pennies on the dollar for KP now.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

I honestly don’t think his value is that high right now…he has 3 years and 100 mil left on his deal, and this is a guy currently averaging 13 points and just 5 boards in these playoffs in 32 mpg as a 7’3 big…plus he’s always injured…injured in last year’s postseason, and missed 29 games this year

I could see Dallas just trying to give him away in order to get out of that deal

19. H.D.

H.D. Member

Porzingis put the "trash" in "Euro-trash"

20. Juxtaposed Jolt

This is just untrue.

He has strength in the post. He has great footwork for a 7'3'' giant. He has plenty of post-moves to rely on.

It's not like that YT vid was him at 25 and he's now a 36-yo like LeBron. Kristaps should be close to entering his prime right now, but he looks really bad. Maybe due to injury or something...idk.

I think it's a mental thing at this point. Maybe something with having to defer to Luka all the time, whereas in NY, he had no pressure to win and he was also the #1 guy.