1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (2)Brooklyn vs. (3)Milwaukee

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2021.

?

Nets vs. Bucks

Poll closed Jun 5, 2021.
  1. Nets in 4

6.6%
  2. Nets in 5

9.2%
  3. Nets in 6

51.3%
  4. Nets in 7

13.2%
  5. Bucks in 7

7.9%
  6. Bucks in 6

10.5%
  7. Bucks in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Bucks in 4

1.3%
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nets vs. Bucks
    Game 1: Saturday, June 5 Bucks at Nets 6:30pm TNT
    Game 2: Monday, June 7 Bucks at Nets 6:30pm TNT
    Game 3: Thursday, June 10 Nets at Bucks ESPN
    Game 4: Sunday, June 13 Nets at Bucks 2:00pm ABC
    Game 5* Tuesday, June 15 Bucks at Nets TNT
    Game 6* Thursday, June 17 Nets at Bucks ESPN
    Game 7* Saturday, June 19 Bucks at Nets TNT

*All Times Central

#1 J.R., Jun 4, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think the Nets will have too much firepower in the end and win a close series that will probably seem like it can go to anyone after any given game.

The Bucks are probably going to give them a scare. Wouldn't be surprised if they win it, it's going to come down to a few games I imagine will be close. In the end, the Nets are more experienced, and guys who've done this before....

I will say the interior matchup will be interesting. There's a chance here that the Bucks completely dominate the paint and if that's the case...it could be bad news for the Nets if they ain't hitting their shots...but they have Irving, Durant, Harden...so they likely will be hitting their shots.

Milos, aurocketfan, Nick_713 and 5 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Secretly it is going to be Thicc vs Thicc.

hakeem94 and JayGoogle like this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nets in 6

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and Harris, Green, Shament, Tyler

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If Green is healthy, I see Nets in 5. The Nets will be focused because I truly believe that they think this will be their toughest opponent especially with Embid's knee injury.

plutoblue11, HP3 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I got Bucks in 6. They looked better in the first round than the Nets did. Nets have no way to stop people from scoring at the rim.

I expect Jrue to take out Kyrie.
    Giannis will be close enough to balance out KD.
    And that will leave Harden with the task of winning the series. Middleton and PJ are good enough defenders, and Lopez is a great rim defender.

I just think that the Bucks are a smoother running machine than the Nets are now. The Nets are still figuring each other out.

#7 Haymitch, Jun 4, 2021
    Ramo$e, napalm06, bmelo and 2 others like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

yannis will show the bearded one who the real mvp is. easy sweep.

hakeem94 and J.R. like this.
  9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Bucks have the best personnel, probably in the entire NBA, to deal with the Nets' big 3. Giannis can defend. Tucker can defend. Holiday can defend. Portis and Middleton are solid defenders.

If the Bucks can't beat the Nets, no one is beating the Nets.

Ramo$e, bmelo, plutoblue11 and 2 others like this.
  10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

the Bucks are the team best suited to exploit the Nets limited time together. still hard to pick against the sheer gravity of their big three.

Nets

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No doubt, but here's the thing...if the other team is just getting dunks and layups, it adds more pressure to hit those shots.

Bucks will play small ball too, they did against the Nets in the regular season, putting Giannis at center. Nets have no one to even slow down Giannis, we already seen that. Jrue has a history of playing solid defense against Harden as well. Is he going to stop him, hell no, but that does wear on players during a series.

I feel like if it just comes down to the Nets hitting shots, they are playing a risky game. Guys get cold. They are going to have to find a way to prevent easy baskets at the rim. Gonna have to do it.

I agree this is the Nets toughest challenge with Embiid out in the entire playoffs. I also had the Lakers as their toughest challenge because again, small ball, Anthony Davis...but that's gone now. I could see CP3 (healthy CP3) Suns team beign an issue for them as well, other than that I give no other team a shot at beating them. Bucks have the best chance. Giannis has a chance to really dominate down low, who is going to stop him? Blake (lol) Green (Lol!) who?

And if they do the small bal lineup with Tuck at 4? That's a problem.

If the Nets try to go big then the Bucks have no issue with that either, Lopez is more than enough to deal with big lineups.

Milos, bmelo and hakeem94 like this.
  12. csc177

csc177 Member

Battle of the MVPs....pressure is on #13....he has what just happened to Lebron in his head now. No added pressure on Irving or KD they already have rings

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I generally prefer defense and I think Bucks can win this.

They have the defensive players to provide some resistance.

OTOH, Nets will have to work really hard to stop their inside presence and Giannis trying to bulldoze his way to the basket.

Lopez will also give them problems. Griffin is terrible on defense and Jordan is trash. Nets need Green.

Nets lack of size and inside presence will show in the series.

Harden should guard Giannis in the post.

Nets should force Tucker to dribble/make plays.

14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

I predict the opposite will happen

15. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

a team who shot 42.6% from behind the arc in prev series is not gonna feel any more pressure than a team who shot 32.7%

yeah Jrue and the double teams sent to Harden did a good job on Harden and the Rockets

difference now is Harden has KD, Kyrie, Harris, Green, Shamet, Johnson

at the end of the day, the Bucks need to figure out how to outscore the Nets

While Nets have to figure out how to limit Giannis and take out their 3 pt shooters

16. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Really need the Bucks to win this. Break the super team model. Win one for all the undesirable markets.

Ramo$e and bmelo like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Folks talking about the bucks size seem to be forgetting one thing. Guys like harden force bigs to be unplayable. But wait. It isn’t only harden now. He has KD and kyrie next to him. All 3 of these guys are going to give all of the bucks bigs fits and force them to the bench

aurocketfan and plates300 like this.
  18. TimDuncanDonaut

Mis matches for the Nets
    Dru can only be on one of Net's guards Harden or Kyrie. This means whomever Cunnington guards, might be a mismatch and can cook more.

At the forwards spot, it's Middleton and Giannis vs. Joe Harris and KD. How comfortable is Giannis to defend the perimeter. Giannis has length, but he's not great recover from screens, but with a decent defensive supporting cast, Bucks is able to hide it better. Tucker may be able to come in on KD, but off the bench and Bucks will have to go small.

Any of the big three may be hunting Lopez, opportunities. Still have to watch out for Giannis defending from the weak side.

Injuries
    Jeff Green is day-to-day.
    DiVincenzo is out entirely.

Mis matches for the Bucks

Bucks do not respect Blake at the 3pt line.

On offense,

Middleton and Holiday will probably hunt Blake. Until Green returns, can Claxton give OK minutes.
    Dru or Bryn Forbes also hunt Kyrie for mis-match?
    Giannis and Lopez. - How is Nets going to defend them. o_O

With Nets switch defenses, can Bucks always pick the one of nets big 3, and get them into foul trouble.

#18 TimDuncanDonaut, Jun 4, 2021
    JayGoogle likes this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The pressure is when you can't stop the other team from scoring. then it feels like every shot you take you HAVE to make because the other team will just go down and get an easy bucket. Nets didn't have that pressure last series, they knew once Tatum goes out Boston became completely trash on offense. The Bucks size will consistently be a threat for easy buckets.

The Bucks and any good defensive team can deal with contested 3 point shooters, you contest, tip your hat if they make it...but if they close off the lane, which they have the ability to do, and the series comes down to "Can the Nets make enough contested long jumpers?" I'd give the Bucks the edge there.

Also, the Bucks can play small ball with Giannis at 5, they did this very thing against the Nets and found success. In these games against the Nets, Giannis has feasted inside, one of these games he scored 49 points...Giannis with 49 points, almost his career high.

The only thing we can say is that Bucks did not beat all three of the big three in a game and the playoffs are different anyway. Still, the strategy for the Bucks will be the same. Close the lane, contest 3 point shooters, if they do that they very well will win this series.

20. lionaire

lionaire Member

Fair to say the winner of this wins the whole thing?

Ramo$e likes this.