1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden's Brooklyn Nets

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jerryclark, Jan 13, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

Will be a fun series. pj guarding harden, Jrue on Kyrie, Giannis on KD.

2. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Yeah, I have heard many of the media saying how he changed his game and is playing his best basketball of his career.... Which he clearly is not. He now has a supporting cast. During the regular season he looked a bit slow.

i do think that they will not give him credit for his Houston days.

vlaurelio likes this.
  3. HL3

HL3 Member

Let's be real, that's BBQ chicken.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

media and refs backing them up?

5. SmallBallDoesntWork

basically this. Im not high on the lakers i just assumed they would get all the whistles and Silver will have his coveted Nets Lakers Lebron KD final

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

They only way they can slow Brooklyn is by forcing Harden into bad decision and Giannis has to have an incredible series. The Bucks are made to made to win a championship. Giannis isn't that type of horse. He's a KG clone. Can fill up the stat sheet but can't get you a bucket when the game is on the line. The Bucks need a Pierce, Wade, Kyrie type player that can just go one on one and get you a bucket. It's the type of player that has that inflated ego that live for big moments.

steddinotayto likes this.
  7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd honestly have Giannis guard Harden and put Tucker on Harris. You live with whatever Durant gets with Middleton on him but if you can control/contain Harden you have a much better chance of winning this series. If PJ can stop Harris from shooting 50% from deep like he did against the Celtics that would help as well.

8. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I think Middleton or Holiday could definitely be those guys versus the Nets. It's not like the Nets have any lock down defenders. Against a team like the 76ers, I could see that being more of an issue though.

Basically the Bucks are trying to be a budget Kobe-Shaq Lakers, with Giannis dominanting for 3 quarters and Middleton/Holiday closing the game. Or maybe more like the Howard-Turkey-glue Magic team that got to the finals.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Or as Bill Simmons puts it (one of the rare things he's clever on) the "Irrational Confidence"

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

should be a bettle of coaching and strategy, and counters and adjustments

It looked like Nets let Tatum get his in the paint but get if off the arc. They only lost once because Smart exploded and wasn't guarded tightly and they adjusted.

This time I can see the Nets let Giannis get his in the perimeter. But pack the paint and stay with shooters.

While the bucks to deny Harden the ball and let KD and/or Kyrie playmake. I'm confident that Nash is unlike MDA in that heactually makes in game and between game adjustments and utilize all the personnel he has.

rockbox likes this.
  11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Based on what? Has he really made any major adjustments this season? I feel all his rotation decisions have be based on player availability, not strategy.

12. rockbox

That magic team was a fluke and didn't get to play the most offensively talented team ever assembled.

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree, but that wasn't the point of my post.

True, the Bucks are gunning for a team design with few examples of success historically. I'm just explaining what they are trying. Until/Unless Giannis develops a 3 point shot, this is their only chance.

14. rockbox

I would trade Middleton and whomever for a legit shot creator. Middleton is a third option on a championship team.

15. vlaurelio

he sat Deandre he did not stick to him, he utilizes the whole bench he let's the young guys develop he don't just rely on playing the superstars 40 mins a game. alot different than MDA. gotta give nash some credit the reason why the nets are are working because it they have a compenent and dynamic coach and not a stubborn one.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Holiday used to always give Harden fits back in his Pelican days on mostly single coverage. If I were the Bucks, I wouldn't put Tucker on Harden at all and would instead body him against KD and have Giannis clog the paint and be backup to them on their defensive assignments. Make Kyrie beat you and be a one man show as much as you can game plan around that.

17. vlaurelio

15 seconds in the video and they already doubled harden twice. can't do that with 2 of harris, kd, and kyrie on the floor

almost the whole is double teams.. I hear the announcers say "double team" like 50 times

D-rock and jiggyfly like this.
  18. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

I agree the Nets have more weapons than the Rockets did to punish double teams but even so I was always impressed how well Holiday played Harden. Harden still got his stats but he actually looked mortal when given single coverage. I still think Nets win pretty easily but there are some interesting matchups in this series.

19. vlaurelio

most of those were actually double coverage

and any superstar can look mortal for a single game over a 65 win season

not even sure if jrue can actually do a better job than Dort who "limited" harden to 30 a game

20. rockbox

On 47 percent shooting.

D-rock likes this.