1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans Off-Season

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Dump Deshaun Watson to Miami ASAP please

MadMax likes this.
  2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

That's what Culley said they were doing but doesn't really make sense to immediately backtrack because of b*tching by a few media members. There is just something off-putting with how everything is being run, almost like they are trying to pull one over on all of us. Culley sounds like he's reading off a script and it seems like his availability is somewhat limited as well. Don't believe we have heard from any QB and heard on the radio we are the only team that didn't make a QB available during OTAs. Even with the draft, the first image of the "new" Texans war room has Easterby front and center despite Caserio telling us point blank that he will not be a part of personnel decisions. No formal introductory press conference for any of the picks.

Could be nothing but seems like they are trying to be secretive over there on Kirby but somehow failing on that as well.

Chilly_Pete and cmoak1982 like this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I mean I can’t disagree with any of that really.
    I’m trying to give the benefit of the doubt, not that they deserve it and it’s a short leash for me.
    Just trying to be optimistic.

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

... and no upside...

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Interesting, didn't know we signed Burkhead...

Rudyc281 likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. gucci888

Right and honestly trying to do the same but man they are not making it easy.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

How is that wall coming along? Does Davis Mills have a degree in masonry from Stanford?

conquistador#11 likes this.
  9. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I like some of these guys they are signing, but I’ve always thought, in every sport, there’s nothing worse or more boring than watching a bad, old, veteran team. It’s depressing.

BMoney likes this.
  10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

He’s our new Duke Johnson

Rudyc281 likes this.
  11. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

610 this afternoon said we have the oldest roster in the league. How the heck are you supposed to rebuild with a bunch of guys who won’t even be here in 2-3 years? Stoerner said the vets help institute a culture change. Whatever they won’t be around to help the culture. I agree with the 1 year deals but we should have cleared the cap of any vet outside of Tunsil. The hell we need Rex Burkhead and Mark Ingram for?

Hank McDowell likes this.
  12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Just in case Watson plays. The running backs have a chance to contribute. If Watson plays we will again have a very good offense. If defense is marginally better (don’t personally see it) then we will not be tanking, but trying. If Watson is traded then we can go on to full tank mode.

13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Rex Burkhead
    4.7, 4.3, 4.15, and 4.08 YPA in 2020 which I put as a strong indicator of at least serviceable quality RBs ...I guess if we wanted a “big name” like Todd Gurley with his 3.5 YPA that would be splashy but these aren’t long term answers anyway. Caserio has limited to work with. O brien did him zero favors so the idea is get service quality even if it’s short term then develop thru the draft next year

14. raining threes

Very easy to understand and hopefully they hit on Mills,Collins,Jordan.

ROXRAN and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Fantasma Negro

16. raining threes

Sweet feet

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Just wanted to pop in and say that Bill O'Brien can go eat a bag of dicks.

18. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

Out of all our new players Lawson, Lindsay, Jordan, king, both Collins, Pierre-Louis and HOPEFULLY mills all seem like they could be good pieces for us...am I missing anybody?

god I wish we got more secondary help

and I understand why pretty much all signings are one years except the rookies, but with guys like Pierre Louis and king who we know have talent....why didn’t we give them an extra year or 2?

cmoak1982 and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. gucci888

There was really no point in trying to rebuild this year. No cap space, no draft capital, and no real tradeable assets (after the DW4 situation unfolded). Also BoB/Easterby handed out so many $hit contracts that getting rid of other vets like Mercilus, Cobb, and Murray would have actually cost us more. Hell we can't even get rid of Fairbairn without taking a cap hit.

The amount of damage BoB caused is simply stunning. The fact that his counterpart is still employed is downright scary.

20. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Secondary help is coming next year...Derek stingley

Jwise44 and raining threes like this.