1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020/21 European Football Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by leroy, Sep 11, 2020.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I figured he'd have to be special with the way they've been after him for a few years already.

2. Raz

Raz Member

Alaba had a terrible year, so it's hard to say whether or not he will thrive. He can play multiple positions though and that's worth a lot for a lefty.
    The whole deal is amusing since Real is still whining about the necessity of Super League because of financial instabilities due to Covid-19... and now they're paying €12M after taxes for a guy coming with a huge question mark that Bayern won't miss that much.

Yung-T likes this.
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's really not much to gamble on a player like him.

Not sure, but I think Real Madrid is alright financially. They've been frugal in comparison to how they were for several years. Their philosophy changed completely.

What Florentino was concerned about when the Super League looked like it was happening was the future of football. He thinks the entire system will collapse unless they make that move. Seems like it's more greed than survival. Dunno.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Euros are near but nobody gives a darn. Love it.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Tuchel winning the CL after getting sacked by PSG (who had their best season ever with him) would be pure comedy, I want it to happen and see those Sheikh clowns' faces.

Raz likes this.
  6. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Why did Pep not play Fernandinho or Rodri is beyond insanity. All season you play with a holding midfielder, biggest stage you take them off.... hilarious. NPep over thinking it once again. Also silly how City don't dump the ball beyond the defenders they are daring you to do it.

Yung-T and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

What he did with Chelski is much more amazing.

But you couldn't foresee it, I think Leicester did the same thing in the FA Cup against Chelsea.

Chelsea isn't even a top contender for the Premier league title.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I knew early on in the game that Pep had farked up again. He did the same at Bayern - overthinking it and trying to be too clever. He also repeated the same crap, having a great striker in Agüero, being down 0-1 and leaving him on the bench until very very late. It always feels like he prioritizes "being extra clever" over giving his team the best chance to win.

I bet he has lost some players in the locker room already.

Oh, and Chelsea was better.

Jontro and Yung-T like this.
  9. VivaChelseaFC

VivaChelseaFC Member

Although I don't think Aguero would have made that big of a difference. Playing him would be more about the romance as opposed the reality he's been pretty meh the past year. Playing Sterling was also sort of a surprise, considering he's form.

Also Rudiger took KdB out and pretty much ended City's creativity

Jontro likes this.
  10. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

11. Raz

Raz Member

"If I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all." - Still happy, Shity failed again.

AroundTheWorld, JumpMan and Jontro like this.
  12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The comments are hilarious, every random fan knew how fkin dumb this lineup was, but "goat coach" Pep overthinking and bricking a knockout game again and again.

JumpMan and Jontro like this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

it's a conspiracy. someone made pep dish out that lineup. my guess, the illuminati or the jews. you know it's always the jews @TWS1986

daywalker02 and JumpMan like this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

• Dont care for Chelsea. Happy for Tuchel
    • Also happy Pep didnt win it
    • Chelsea didnt do anything special on the attack. What was special was how they neutralized Man City attack and this is all Tuchel
    • Man City is basically an All Star team yet they cant win CL. Chokers, all of them
    • Pep needs a blank check from his owner just to compete in CL, and even then chokes it away
    • PSG and Man City. Always fail in CL despite spending Megadillions
    • Werner has been a dog. Not sure why he gets the nod over Pulisic
    • Kante is a beast. The #1 reason Chelsea won the CL
    • Emery won the Europa League and Tuchel Champions league, both managers fired by PSG
    • Emery kinda sucks but he has mastered the art of winning Europa
    • Arsenal had a chance to make a bid for Tuchel but they chose to stay with Arteta
    • Arsenal still sticking with Arteta lol
    • Giroud has won the WC and now the CL while still rocking the best hair
    • Fire Kronke

#514 Zboy, May 29, 2021
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
    AroundTheWorld, Jontro and JumpMan like this.
  15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I realize you're attempting a joke...but it ain't funny.

Agree with you on most. Don't care for Chelsea or Tuchel...but happy for Pulisic. Teuchel was a coward not starting Pulisic...who I honestly think scores the sitters weak minded Werner missed in the first hafl. Also happy Pep choked again. It's a lovely site. Why he went without a defensive mid against a team like Chelsea was a fatal mistake.

We'll never know how truly good or bad Pep is as a coach. He's always handed the best rosters with as much money as he wants to spend.

Also, Arsenal sucks and always will

GGMU

Jontro likes this.
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

sorry breh, this was meant for @TWS1986. something we've discussed extensively over discord.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I haven't watched the entire CL season to actually care but I know with the Away goals being scratched, it's going to be different.

Premier league and CL are 2 different monsters, just so you know, Pep, how to tackle elimination games!

18. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The goal only happened because Werner spread out the defense and drew in Dias.

He's one of the world's best players at disrupting opposing defensive lines, it doesn't show up in the stat sheet but makes him extremely valuable.

20. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Non discord brehs just don't get it

Jontro likes this.