1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Another day another mass shooting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AleksandarN, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Another mass shooting?

I’m sure a bunch of useless thoughts and prayers have been sent out, so back to the regularly scheduled programed

now we wait for the next one

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I have no issue with righting up background checks. P2P sales should require a check. Eliminate the ATF and create an actual competent agency to run background checks exclusively.

the S.C. Hasn’t created any rights. They have helped RESTRICT more Americans from their constitutional rights though.

Want me to give up my ARs? Take them away from law enforcement. Equal rights for all citizens. Police should not be excluded.

3. AkeemTheDreem86

Kuddos on the background checks. Do you think we should be allowed to have nukes?

4. REEKO_HTOWN

I don’t think America should have them so no.

Frankly this all comes down to LEO for me. Since the Military aren’t allowed to deploy on American soil (via the constitution) the main threat of occupational force is Police. I love police. They have a hard job.

I also love dogs but I know dogs can get confused and bite you.

5. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I personally feel if you need ARs to protect yourself from LEO as a law abiding citizen, then you've already lost the fight against tyranny. You needed to get police reforms passed before it gets to that point.

dmoneybangbang and jiggyfly like this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

That battle is not winnable IMHO. Americans have been programmed to fetishize men in uniform. They teach little kids that Police are the ones to run to when they’re in trouble.

like I said, I don’t think all cops are bad but power corrupts and Police have been put on a high pedestal for a long time and it won’t be easy to take them down a notch.

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

*******.. It pretty much is another day another mass shooting in America now..

jiggyfly and FranchiseBlade like this.
  8. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

But... "ma freedums"

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Swiss army knives... “Like the Swiss Army knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle,” the judge said in his ruling’s introduction.

For context and history lesson on why this law was put in place: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

#1289 NewRoxFan, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can just picture some guy with a Swiss Army knife trying to defend himself when approached by a killer with an assault rifle. He'd be dead before he got close enough to stab the killer.

11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Maybe next time I need to open a bottle or tighten a screw I will use an AR-15.

B-Bob, NewRoxFan, superfob and 2 others like this.
  12. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Right. I guess that guy thinks Boy Scouts should use AR-15s instead of Swiss Army knives too.

13. Buck Turgidson

B-Bob and Kim like this.
  14. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

You should use an Israeli Galil, they built a bottle opener right into the rifle.

#1294 StupidMoniker, Jun 5, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2021
  15. Buck Turgidson

Don't hold my beer and watch me shoot this

16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Another day another mass shooting and of course shyte is going to be done about it. Since it's Texas there's going to be a lot of thoughts and prayers and then passing laws to get MORE guns out in the public..
    https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/12/us/austin-texas-shooting-downtown/index.html
    At least 13 people were injured in a mass shooting in downtown Austin, Texas

(CNN)At least 13 people were injured early Saturday in a mass shooting in downtown Austin, Texas, officials said.

Two of the people injured were in critical condition, Austin Interim Chief of Police Joseph Chacon said at a news briefing Saturday.
    Six people were taken to a hospital by the Austin Police Department, and the Austin-Travis County EMS brought in four others for medial treatment, Chacon said. Three other victims brought themselves to the hospital.

One hospital received 11 of the victims for treatment while another person was transported to a different hospital. One person went to an urgent care facility with multiple gunshot wounds, Chacon said.

Police have a very general description of the suspect and the incident appears to be isolated to the area, but could not say for certain that there was no additional public danger because the suspect is not in custody, Chacon said.
    Police are currently reviewing camera footage from multiple sources, including the Public Safety Camera System, police body cameras and business surveillance video to determine what happened.

In a series of tweets, Austin Mayor Steve Adler commented on the shooting downtown.
    "The uptick in gun violence locally is part of a disturbing rise in gun violence across the country as we exit the pandemic," he said.
    "APD and the City Council have initiated multiple violence prevention efforts in respons- but this crisis requires a broader, coordinated response from all levels of government.
    "One thing is clear - greater access to firearms does not equal greater public safety."
    Dewitt Peart, president and CEO of the Downtown Austin Alliance, said in a statement, "We are saddened that Austin has joined the far too lengthy list of communities that have experienced mass shootings.
    "This senseless violence must end. We will continue our work towards ensuring downtown is as safe, clean and welcoming for all, but today, we are thinking of those affected by this shooting. We need to come together, care for each other and be strong together for Austin."

17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Another day another 4 mass shootings :(

AleksandarN, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

Not sure I'd call it a "mass shooting", I'd bet good money it was a guy with a pistol who had issues with some other ******* and just started firing.

But hey! We don't need a license or any sort of oversight to carry guns in public in Texas anymore. FREEEEEEDOOOM

jiggyfly and tinman like this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Thoughts and prayers….

20. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

thoughts and prayers.