1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ATT Sportsnet channel (Astros)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by the shark, May 24, 2021.

1. the shark

the shark Member

Need some help on this channel. Comcast has been gouging me on my cable bill for way too long ($220/month).

Called today to try and get it reduced. They have a basic cable package for $29.95 a month however it doesn't have ATT Sportsnet (unless I get internet with them as well but I have internet with AT+T in a great bundle with my cell phones) and thus I wouldn't be able to watch the 'Stros with this package.

Any suggestions how I can get this station on my tv or any other options I should explore?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

If you're already paying AT&T on a bundle, see how much more their cable service would be? From what I hear it isn't better than xfinity, but sounds like you're going to have to bundle it if you want actual TV service.

The other option would be to see if the ATTSW channel is streamable (via the app) if you're a ATT internet customer. I know Comcast customers cannot use the ATTSW app to stream games. At that point, you would just need some way to cast the game from your phone/iPad/computer to the TV.

the shark likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve been contemplating cutting the cord too.
    Tired of paying Xfinity $220 a month and also paying I don’t even know how much for all the streaming services we have too.

The only reason I’ve kept cable is for Rockets and Astros. I think Fubo has att sports now

the shark likes this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m in the same boat here. Also wondering what your deal is on your bundle with ATT? I’ve been looking to do the same thing.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Usually when I call and threaten to leave I get my comcast bill down to around 165, then at some point it will sneak back over 200 when I'm not looking. Then I have to make another call.

I thought about trying FUBO, but combined with good internet the total bill isn't much lower than 165. I would pay $40 monthly just to stream the Astros/Rockets because I literally use nothing else from cable, I stream everything.

6. the shark

the shark Member

I have a bundle that includes 4 cell phones/unlimited date and a landline/internet/uverse for roughly $215 a month.

mikol13 likes this.
  7. the shark

the shark Member

Thanks Nick. Will look into AT+T cable. Good suggestion!!

8. the shark

the shark Member

Agreed...same exact reasons!!

9. the shark

the shark Member

I spent TWO hours on the phone with them trying to lower it. Was going to go with the limited basic $29.95 a month but as I mentioned they couldn't include ATT Sportsnet without getting internet.

I got it down to $70
    .99 with package they call Xtra but when you add these additional fees:
    $8.00 franchise fee
    $16.85 broadcast fee
    $10.00 sports fee
    $9.95 High Def fee
    $1.65 public/gov fee
    $30.00 for 3 boxes/remotes

I'm still paying about $158 a month which in my opinion is still too high when my family barely watches TV.

I agree on just paying $40 a month to stream the Astros/Rockets....would do that in a second!!

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Fubo has it. It’s like $65 a month but there’s no additional taxes or fees. It also has a cloud DVR. It’s a bit expensive but still cheaper then cable alone and you can cancel it anytime.

vince, ipaman, Duke Fan and 3 others like this.
  11. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

Only thing I watch on cable are Astros games.

I got so sick of playing the games with Directv and Comcast that I just keep fubo for the baseball season. Then I cancel it at the World Series which is on Fox. If the Rockets get good again I will add youtubetv or slingtv for the the playoffs. Either way, I love being able to cancel online without talking to anyone. That is worth a lot compared to the hours on the phone playing games with DIrectv and Comcast.

cmoak1982 and mikol13 like this.
  12. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Never mind

#12 mikol13, May 24, 2021
    Last edited: May 24, 2021
  13. the shark

the shark Member

AT+T has a package called choice.
    $69.99
    185 channels
    Includes Sportsnet/ESPN/FS1
    Main box free 3ach additional is $7
    Taxes about $15 per month.
    2nd yr and additional $9.99 sports fee will be added.

Cheaper than comcast/xfinity

14. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Fubo TV. The broadcast is maybe like 5 second delay but you can stream from all devices through the app. Very convenient when I want to catch a couple innings while walking my dog or doing anything where I don’t have access to a tv. There’s a few different options as far as DVR hours and such.

The basic package includes espn, atnt sports net, and FS1. I’m not a big TV watcher outside of sports... so this works great for me... without having to pay up to 200$ a month for tv

ipaman, Duke Fan, BigM and 2 others like this.
  15. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Having Xfinity but not being able to stream ATT Sportsnet while away from home is the most ridiculous BS.

These ****ing regional networks make it so ****ing difficult.

HatsForBats and cmoak1982 like this.
  16. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

It’s especially frustrating given that it was a comcast channel to begin with... f’d over everybody due to comcast exclusivity and exorbitant rates set by the teams... they still charge an extra “sports regional fee”... but now they’re refusing to come to an agreement to allow access to the streaming app.

But hey.... I can still watch FSSW, err, Bally sports, and stream Rangers games everywhere I go. Why Comcast continues to support the F out of that channel is equally as baffling.

17. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Even better, when I set the Astros games to record automatically, Xfinity does me the favor of recording the Rangers' broadcast!!

[​IMG]

18. E-Man

E-Man Member

I pay $155 for DirecTV. It has ATT SportsNet but that's an additional $8 to my bill. I used to pay $120 a month but DirecTV keeps increasing their prices every year. I've been a customer for almost 10 years.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

FUBO all day. I love it. It's a streaming service designed around sports. Wonderful especially if you're a soccer fan.

Also...f*** at&t. I dumped tv and internet. Next will be cell service.

Duke Fan and BigM like this.
  20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

While annoying to have to jump through an extra hoop, I'd just use a VPN.

Of course I'm lucky enough to not live near Houston so I have MLB.tv subscription (just sucks when we play the Braves).

Buck Turgidson likes this.