1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Late 1st round steal?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rockets13champs, Mar 28, 2021.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I totally agree with this.

Believe It!, fattz and D-rock like this.
  2. H.D.

H.D. Member

Like the MAGA-t who voted for his "ex" wife right after he murdered her?

D-rock and airflights92 like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Uh, yeah. Then why are we talking about them in a thread titled "Late 1st Round Steal?" ;)

4. raining threes

Nothing like that at all.

More like being able to verify who's voting is who they say they are.

BTW, you cant fly without ID.

You cant get a passport without an ID.

Etc....

But you can decide the future direction of this nation without a valid ID? SMDH

Exactly why are you against this? It's like you want to give elections the best chance possible to be rigged.

5. Buck Turgidson

**** off to the D&D

You and Hetero Doxy too.

6. Nook

Nook Member

At this point Jaden Springer is the most underrated player in this draft. He should be top 10 for sure and a lot of people in the business have him falling. He has an excellent handle, very crafty, excellent in transition. Defensively he is well above average as well and hustles. He also is the age of a high school senior.

Plowman, BallaDoc and yixiixiy like this.
  7. sydmill

sydmill Member

Agreed. The kid has a chance to be special on D and at least adequate on offense. The edge he plays with could be infectious too. A steal outside of the lottery.

Nook likes this.
  8. sydmill

sydmill Member

Over time following the draft I have developed, or maybe more likely subscribed, to the idea that you swing for the fences up until the middle of the first round. I just think the payoff for best case scenario in terms of development is so high that it is worth taking a gamble on through the first dozen or so picks. After the guys who have a path to being consequential, franchise altering guys I think the smart play is to look at the guys who may have a more limited ceiling but who are more likely to reach that ceiling. Essentially, if I am picking early I would be aggressive in looking for an allstar/all NBA type whereas later in the draft I am more focused on securing guys who will likely end up being quality role players. With that in mind I think the following guys are prospects the Rockets should be looking closely at with their #23 and 24 pick:

Charles Bassey: has a chance to be a Capela like player with perhaps a better jump shot. Would be one final protege to let the Dream develop.
    Jaden Springer: has high upside but also has a high floor as a solid defensive combo guard. Poor man's Kyle Lowry?
    Nah'Shon Hyland: potential microwave scorer off the bench. Fantastic jump shot. Lou Williams type?
    Josh Christopher: another scorer (if they end up with Mobley I think they'll need to supplement with offense). OKC Harden with less efficiency?
    Trey Murphy: 3&D wing with incredible length. Trevor Ariza mold?

Possum and RedIsen like this.
  9. H.D.

H.D. Member

I'm thinking Isaiah Jackson would be a great pick for the Rockets if he falls and they can move up- the team is not close to contending and Jackson would be a "tank again" pick with lots of upside but not so much "ready" as to mess up the tank. The Rockets will be an unbelievably bad team next season.

D-rock likes this.
  10. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Reminds me of Lowry before the jumper evolved

Nook likes this.
  11. Landry's Tooth

He's a perfect fit for need but is expected as a mid to late lottery so we would have to trade down... most mocks have him in Toronto at 6 or 7...

I'm not sold on anyone other than maybe cade... i would rather trade down, collect assets, and pickup need...

I do wonder if okc would do a draft day scenario where we get Kevin Costner on the phone and tell them we want all our picks back if they want osu standout cade.... he would certainly sell tickets there...

fattz likes this.
  12. ball king23

ball king23 Member

D-rock likes this.
  13. H.D.

H.D. Member

Mitchell won't fall. Butler might, though.

14. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Im obsessed with Rokas Jokubaitis. He looks like he fit perfecly right next to KPJ as a sharpshooting Euro combo guard.

They'd need someone off the bench to guard bigger guards but KPJ driving and kicking out to Jokubitas for 3 looks good to me.

Most mocks have him early/mid 2nd but as a Euro I'm guessing most of the people putting those drafts together haven't see him play a bunch and people seem to be much more focused on Euro big guys. Of course I havent seen him plat a ton either, so maybe Im missing something.

BallaDoc likes this.
  15. zmomin

zmomin Member

the correct answer is jt thor. i promise you guys that he's gonna be a monster. i'm just praying he lasts until 18.

D-rock likes this.
  16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Yea if they can get him and Cam from LSU.. Would be nice, but i doubt this late they fall.

Nook likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Tre Mann and Juhann Begarin look interesting

18. weopeo9744

weopeo9744 Member

I really like this dude, not sure if he would be available at 23 pick

clutchdabear likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He's already 24, we might want to aim for picks with more upside at our rebuilding stage.

20. H.D.

H.D. Member

Damn, mocked #8 now:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/...m-is-no-1-kentuckys-isaiah-jackson-in-top-10/

D-rock likes this.