1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone/Silas Press Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 18, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

How did the organization cater to Harden's whims when 90 percent of our moves were to cut cost,cutting staff including harden's trainer, often rotation players with no replacements, loing assets and picks all to save money. Outside of the Wb trade, was harden's goal to save Tilman Money?

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

No no no. Bad Stone. Bad Stone.

Also, Tilman has said he's excited to rebuild. You gonna make a liar out of your liar boss?

Plowman and fckbandwagons like this.
  3. napalm06

"I don't think there's a perception that's something's wrong with us, at all. We just took brutal injuries."

What

Clearly he is not reading his own fan base... or anything

slothy420 and BallSoHarden like this.
  4. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Get first overall pick this year. Suck next year get first overall pick next year. Trade wall after next year or convince him to opt out. Harden will opt out after next year and sign with houston. He will also convince durant to do the same. Houston will have durant, harden plus 2 first overall pick to go with wood, kpj, Tate, Martin.

The end

5. napalm06

Why do we still have House on this roster. Should've dumped him at the deadline. Or last offseason. Or the previous deadline. Or the previous offseason.

BallSoHarden and D-rock like this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Moving on from Wall is going to be very costly in terms of assets , probably prohibitively so. You might as well get used to the idea of him being here for at least another year and a half.

Bottom line , you have two choices here: throw away multiple first round picks to move Wall & still have to take back ~$35m in contracts that while not as bad would likely still be somewhat toxic ..... Or wait that contract out and use it as a financial vehicle to improve the roster packaged with those same picks you would have used to simply dump salary.

I'm going for option #2.

The above statement by Stone gives me some hope that he understands the Wall situation .... what I gather is that he won't be throwing picks away just to move that contract for "less bad" contracts that doesn't make the team better or create actual cap space just to save $$$.

When that contract is moved , it will be to get significantly better.

Nook and alethios like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Just when I'm about to commend Ra-fell he goes and says some delusional ass shyte.

hakeem94, sirjesse and AroundTheWorld like this.
  8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Really depends upon who's there to move up for (and how far up you can get). If there's not a player you really like there , I wouldn't object to moving one or both of the later picks into next years draft because its essentially a double the talent draft with high school players being eligible again.

Right now they have 24 & One of 21,22,23 pending a coin flip ..... How far up do you think they can move with those two picks ?

Can they swap one of those picks in this draft for one that falls in the middle (10-20) of next years draft ?

They do have the Detroit & Washington picks too ....

saleem likes this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Trying to compliment and pump up their value for trading John Wall.
    Don't believe false praise from a GM, it is only a tactic.

hakeem94, fattz, csc177 and 1 other person like this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Trying to compliment and pump up their value for trading John Wall.
    Don't believe false praise from a GM, it is only a tactic.

csc177 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. alethios

alethios Member

We can't keep repeating past mistakes so I am in agreement that it's not in our long term best interest to dump him at all costs. I'm willing to accept that we'll have losing seasons for at least a couple of years and honestly all I can hope for is that Stone eventually builds a competing team in spite of ownership.

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think the situation is as bad as some ..... I'm pretty optimistic that they can make the playoffs in 22/23. Everything lines up ... draft picks , cap relief , acquisition of talent.

It starts this offseason - they have to get a god player with their MLE and keep Olynyk. That adds to the foundation of Wood / Porter / Tate / KJ & the potential early draft pick.

You go into next off season with Olynyk , Wood , Porter , Tate , KJ , and the MLE / Pick and add to them with another MLE & early pick .... That's 9 guys. (Probably a playoff team as it is)
    Then at the deadline you can move Wall & EG for useful players without throwing away draft assets and possibly get a real superstar in return.

#52 Corrosion, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 18, 2021
    Shark44 and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  13. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Wall has absolutely no business being apart of the future so surely just saying the "right things" about our franchise player.

csc177 likes this.
  14. csc177

csc177 Member

Well he's not going to trash his players - delusional or not - we need to find a taker for Wall - comments like the ones he made are necessary to ensure that happens. Just need one idiot GM to buy in to Wall being a "hooper" and a "good guy".

rockets1995, AroundTheWorld and B-Bob like this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nonsense laden propaganda.....

Scary nevertheless when it comes to the rebuild issue....

sirjesse, sydmill and CriscoKidd like this.
  16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

All that goes down the dump if we get Cade, then it will be the Cade show.

17. csc177

csc177 Member

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Well, this year’s (finishing) roster certainly did not have (m)any familiar faces, so there’s that... (just sayin’)

19. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

I trust Stone more than Silas.

20. DonatelloLimestone

Yea itll come down to our scouting. Each year we get a lot of special talent in the teens and guys who fall through teh cracks. we have no sense of urgency for win now, so I can see those picks being of great value. Stone has shown the ability to be able to find a few gems, lets see if he can scout the high prospects too.

I believe the detroit and washington picks are heavily protected to the point they may not convert for 4-5 years and may not be first roudners, is that right?

Corrosion likes this.