1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2020: What Are You Watching - Corona Edition

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jupiter's Legacy was meh too
    Esp after Invincible and The Boys

Rocket River

arkoe likes this.
  2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Love, Death, and Robots season 2 just dropped on Netflix. It’s really well done. Like Black Mirror but with advanced digital animation and shorter episodes. Some hit, some miss. The voice acting is wonderful. A number of familiar actors. It’s similar to Dreamworks or Pixar but with adult dystopian themes, lots of violence and nudity.

3. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been watching this one as well. It feels like a heroine driven True Detective.
    Especially in the latest episode with detective Zabel taking a bullet to the head.

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

And I did heroine

5. TimDuncanDonaut

The Woman in the Window (2021 - netflix)

[​IMG]

"An agoraphobic woman living alone in New York begins spying on her new neighbors, only to witness a disturbing act of violence."

Amy Adam is fine as lead. Some of the plot didn't quite add up, but OK viewing. I wouldn't compare this to Hitchcock's Rear Window, but if go in with low expectations, it's an evening mystery / suspense movie. Kirk Russell's son is also in this.

Grade B-

6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Started watching The Dublin Murders.

Amazon has a free Starz channel for prime.
    2 episodes in and its great, I love a good UK police drama.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I have to get up on the table for this show again.

Mr Inbetween.

I don't know how to really describe it but its a show about a Enforcer/Hit Man who is divorced but has a daughter who he is involved with.

I want to say it is kinda like Sopranos without the mafia aspect.

The show has started a new season on FX but it is streaming on Hulu.

Very wry and dark humour with glimpses of humanity.

The Main guy kind of reminds me of a me of a young Mike from Breaking Bad who has friends and a sense of humour.

Great show.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainmen...illiance-of-mr-inbetween-20190911-p52q2j.html

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-reviews/mr-inbetween-review-727517/

McNultyisDrunk likes this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

jiggyfly likes this.
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I think you will really like it.

A bit of a slow boil but there is enough humour and pathos to make it watchable as things ratchet up.

The main character does deadpan very well, has a bit of Larry David about him that will kick your ass.

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

@Buck Turgidson

I finally finished Fargo and just like I thought it was a mess.

I really li9ked some aspects like The guy who was traded and the son but that ended up really going nowhere.

I knew what would happen to Rock right after the train station.

The nurse subplot never went anywhere and could have been deleted from the entire show.

I think they were rushed and tried to cram in to much.

At least we got the payoff at the end and that makes me want to go back and watch the season with Mike from KC.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Mare of Easttown was good. It even stuck the landing, which rarely happens.

12. Buck Turgidson

Yep, I agree with most all of this. I really need to rewatch the first 2 seasons. The 3rd I thought was much better the 2nd time I saw it.

jiggyfly likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

I really liked it. Both Winslet and the showrunner have said they're open to do a sequel miniseries in the future.

14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I'm starting the 3rd season of Killing Eve and it's better than I expected.

I thought after the 2nd season they really had nothing to add but I like the way this is going, the acting is coming to the forefront more than the a crazy plot.

I was very surprised they killed Eve's husband so quickly, going to be interesting to see how this ends.

My prediction is Eve and Villy will team up to take down the 12.

Signed up for HBO Max and watched 1 episode of Perry Mason excited to get back to that, it hits all the right buttons and I love Matthew Rhys even if this is like his Americans character.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Finished Killing Eve the ending was pretty anti climatic and was a little confusing.

I still enjoyed it. 6.5/10

I loved, loved, loved Perry Mason , some great acting and Actors Mathew Rhys does stoic very well, Tatiana Maslany was magnetic, she should be a much bigger deal, all of the main characters were very good, shout out Chris Chalk.

I have not really binged in awhile and had to watch the last 4 in one sitting because I was so caught up.

There will be a season 2 and it could be even better.

Highly recommend.

16. conquistador#11

GLOW. I watched the first season when it originally came out but completely forgot about it.
    Finished seasons 2 and 3 within a week only to realize it's been cancelled. It was just getting good too.

body slam likes this.
  17. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Mare of Easttown was fantastic... really, really fantastic. Unprocessed trauma everywhere! Always makes for a great show, but when the barest of beginnings is made to press on... it's as if someone starts cutting up an onion in our home. Sensitive Perceptive to that kinda stuff. :D

Soundtrack is on YouTube Music so I'll give it a listen tomorrow as I liked what I heard in-between.

Invisible Fan and jiggyfly like this.
  18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Lupin (season 2) is back. And as fast paced as season 1...

19. Buck Turgidson

Bloody Lupins, you say?

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I had to bail on The Dublin murders it had so much promise and then it just went of the rails about the 4th episode and characters just started doing stupid ****.

I will finish eventually burt I am very disappointed it took that turn.

Currently watching The Outsiders and it's probably the best Stephen King adaption I have seen in a while, if you like King this captures his style very well.

I have not read the book it's based on but its very King, just an undercurrent of supernatural on what could be a strait forward police procedural at 1st glance.

Great cast, very bingeable.