1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Joe Biden's America

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SuraGotMadHops, May 12, 2021.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

When I used to be a server or bartender I realized that I actually made negative money per hour before tips were accounted for. After tipping out the busser/food runner/host and/or bar back and taxes that are paid. You are probably sitting at about -$3-4 an hour.

Of course when you take your tips you can come out $25-60 an hour haha at decent places on good days. At an average chili’s or Applebee’s $10-15 is probably more typical unless you are really good and have decent people. Clientele in those cheapish corporate places are generally the scourge though. Fat Karen’s that tip 5 or 8% and think they are being generous because their riblets came out “slow” from the kitchen.

DVauthrin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  2. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

You know damn well he's gonna just post another image. I think he's still waiting on Rafael to make his move...

fchowd0311 and Ubiquitin like this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Just asking again:
    I want you in your own words to explain Biden's role in these from a executive policy perspective, rhetoric perspective along with Democrat majority passed bills he signed with textual evidence of how those bills effect these things

Just checking to make sure you got it instead of just avoiding the question.

VooDooPope likes this.
  4. SuraGotMadHops

Man and here I thought Trump's tweets were authoritarian, fascist, threatening, and mean.

Astrodome likes this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

Poor babies.

6. SuraGotMadHops

Say that to the libs who thought Trump's tweets were too mean.

7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

lol...you're a shell of @bigtexxx or @Trader_Jorge step your troll game up.

superfob, Rashmon and Ubiquitin like this.
  8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I don't think you understand what facism is.

To most people who use history as their guideline, it's authorarian rule obtained or attempted to be obtained through ethno-nationalistic pandering.

A failed fascist like Trump is still a fascist. Trying to convince election officials to overturn the election he lost is fascism. Holding rallies every week injecting his audiance with jingoist juices claiming that naturalized American citizens shouldn't be able to make decisions in Congress even after being rightfully elected or telling law enforcement to slam the heads of detained citizens on squad cars is fascism.

Advicing citizens in pandemic guidelines isn't facism.

Notice, intent etc are all required context to label something fascist. Unless you think some secret authorarian power grab is imminent through the mechanism of masks, then you are just punching at air.

#128 fchowd0311, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
    FranchiseBlade and Rashmon like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I love that my President is boring.

God bless the USA

Andre0087 likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

I guess I am intelligent enough to frame this in context of the pandemic and the trillions in spending across two administration.... we need people to get vaccinated so we can fully open and start tapering off all the benefits.

I would think a fiscal conservative, at least, would want people to get their shot so we can move on.

FranchiseBlade, Rashmon and Andre0087 like this.
  11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

"The choice is yours"... that's your definition of "authoritarian, fascist, threatening, and mean."?

Sounds like he gives people the choice.

Andre0087 and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. SuraGotMadHops

Bahahahahaha you call that a choice?? I guess betas enjoy being told what to do.

13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

You got the vaccine too.
    Vaccination effectively ended this pandemic for us in the US.
    Trump got it too.
    If you’re some hippy liberal granola or rapturous evangelical you’ll probably skip it and think the 600,000 dead Americans is a grand conspiracy, but you don’t strike me as either.

14. SuraGotMadHops

I got the vaccine because I made the decision to do so. I could have decided not to get it, and I could also decide whether or not to put a mask over my face, regardless of if I'm vaccinated.

The gov't does not get to tell me do A or B. I get to make my own choices with respect to my health, using my own judgment and reasonableness.

15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

How is it not a choice? He says wear a mask, get the vaccine. The choice is yours. He literally says choice. Pretty clear to most people. Not sure why you can't see that. (actually that's a rhetorical statement)

16. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Our government can and does tell us what to do with our health all the time. We can’t buy or make schedule I or II drugs, we cannot dump toxic waste into rivers, we have to disclose certain STDs at risk of legal penalties, and we adhere to state and local rules for mitigation of infectious pandemics.

Biden is just trying to sell the vaccine to that 30% who basically distrusts everything and anything that is perceived to be forced on them. The part of America who doesn’t generally believe in vaccinations at all.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There's nothing fascistic or threatening about giving people a general rule they can follow that protects the public from this spinning out of control again. If you're choosing to neither vaccinate nor wear a mask when out in public, you are endangering others.

18. SuraGotMadHops

You need to think deeper, and critically. Probably an overdramatic analogy, but if someone tells me "either give me your wallet or take this bullet to the brain, your choice"...that's not a choice, that's coercion. Giving that person choices means leaving them to their own devices.

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Like being told to fight like hell and rioting the Capitol building to prevent a joint session of Congress from doing their elected duty? Yea...lol.

dmoneybangbang and Ubiquitin like this.
  20. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Do you oppose the mandatory vaccinations that are required to enroll in public school?