1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If you're not a Cowboys fan just think.....

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by deb4rockets, May 10, 2021.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think what you fail to understand is that Trump news never stops. Now they want to oust Cheney, because she refuses to promote his big lie. Trump still pulls the strings of the party, and by speaking out against a man so narcissistic it infuriates him. He can't take the truth, so he twists it to suit his ego. I used to vote Republican in the past, but it's a dangerous and very seedy party now thanks to Trump.

The Republican Party is shredding it's traditionalist past to shreds, by ousting or censuring anyone who speaks out against Trump's big lies over the election. They are standing by a man so vain that he can't accept losing to Biden, who he mocked and ridiculed for months before losing to him by millions of votes.

Anyone who refused to vote no to impeach that sociopath who incited his radicals to storm the Capitol, is shunned. The party has chosen the path that will lead them away from anything but the truth, or a government based on free and fair elections. They are being manipulated by a sociopath, and to me, that's an unhealthy situation for everyone in this country, and the era of a new Republican Party that will stop at nothing to win.

You can call me crazy by speaking out against what's happening, but I just have to wonder if it's because you actually support and believe that man. To me, that's as crazy and unhealthy as it gets.

JuanValdez likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is like a Marvel's What If disney show

What if Elon Musk bought the Rockets instead of Tilman

What if Deshawn Watson got legit massages in Chinatown

King1 likes this.
  3. SuraGotMadHops

[​IMG]

King1 and couple of d's like this.
  4. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

How do you expect anyone to take you seriously.? Seriously step back from the keyboard. Breathe. Relax. Do you need a recommendation for someone to talk to? Your starting to check some of the boxes for someone with a mental illness.
    By the way everything you claim to hate about Trump is also true for your hero Joe Biden. Don't be naive.

#44 couple of d's, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    King1 likes this.
  5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

NFL didn't necessarily know it yet, but they already had a Donald Trump and his name was Al Davis.

incidentally I can understand any experienced business owner in the mid '80s not buying a professional sports franchise, the profit margins just aren't what people think when your largest expense is salaries to players via individually negotiated contracts, county governments aren't yet gifting a billion dollars in franchise value via free stadiums and all football and non-football related event revenues, radio revenues outside of New York, LA and Chicago are competing with talk shows and top-40 music, and UHF stations were happy playing sitcoms from the '50s and '60s instead of overpaying for preseason broadcasting rights.

#45 Dairy Ashford, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
  6. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I remember watching the Steelers and Cowboys both leapfrog the Oilers in the early '90s, and when you actually read our franchise history it's basically 3 good AFL years, Luv Ya Blue and Run-N-Shoot, the latter two of which Bud Adams publicly and deliberately sabotaged. The Jimmy Johnson firing will never make any kind of sense, but getting rid of your Conference finalist for team violations, not drafting a tight end or fullback for seven years and then trading your Hall of Fame QB for a fourth round draft pick just in time to start a catfight with the mayor isn't really anything to brag about.

incidentally if you sat down on thought long and hard about the likely political views of some of the oldest and richest white owners in sports, you'd realize there are already more than a few Trumps, Buchanans and George Wallaces in the NFL than you think.

Invisible Fan and mdrowe00 like this.
  7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I actually thought the firing of Tom Landry was sad, but they were never my team. I always root for my home town team, and so Houston sports teams will always be my true allegiance. It's been a lifetime of disappointments in football, and over a quarter century since I've had the thrill of us winning an NBA Championship. Then, the Astros finally did it but got messed up in a cheating scandal. Hopefully they can pull one off this year again without any scandal. I don't have any hopes of our NFL or NBA teams winning one anytime soon.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Jones was gifted a decade's worth of Super Bowls in terms of talent and coaching, really don't know why he pulled an Eazy-E and blew the whole thing up.

9. DonatelloLimestone

I could see him using debt, which he has been a master at somehow getting loans even after defaulting and suing them not to pay(what up Deustche)

But I could see a situation where he borrows lets say 10 percent with interest from the former owner, lets say 20-25 percent or whatever the max is from the nfl, puts up some minimal cash, and the rest he can use bonds and debt and leverage to have.

he may have to spend teh next few years significantly cost cutting and cheapening the product and maybe the cowboys dont become the cowboys with their stadium, he'll get a lot of great press and water it for what he can. And hes a showman, knows how to use the media as he did in 2016 for free coverage maybe better than most and he'll keep parlaying that to get a celebrity reality show about success

10. King1

King1 Contributing Member

A friendly reminder; this was supposed to be "Dallas Trivia " in the hangout. You need counseling like another poster suggested. I don't mean that as an insult. Get some help.

couple of d's and tinman like this.
  11. tinman

Supporting Member

The Cowboys branding and continuous media coverage is masterful franchise ownership

the Texans suck and the cowboys suck
    But way more people show up and the ratings show that the cowboys are significantly more popular

Once your owner branded the Rockets as chinas team then the Chinese guy is gone , then he’s going to sell

the new owner then loses his top player and stripclub promoter then the media stops covering your team

Jerry also markets his stadium and brand well
    73k Canelo fans

12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Are you from Houston? If so, are you a Cowboys fan, Texans fan, both, or neither? Just curious.

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Lol
    Dude this D&D place is not Diversity and Debate
    It’s Donald and Donald
    @Os Trigonum
    however they made a thread about me because I bring in subjects to debate like crime, racism, economy, international affairs, Houston affairs, animal rights , homelessness, technology , corporations taking over etc
    @pgabriel
    But handle everyone here like they are crazed LOFs

they won’t handle you

this is why they hate Elon
    He doesn’t fit the side they want him to be in
    He’s his own side

You and I make decisions by intellectual superiority
    Not political party

SuraGotMadHops and King1 like this.
  14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

For those who haven't caught on, @deb4rockets is a troll

tinman and King1 like this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

My favorite player was Warren Moon
    That team name and logo doesn’t exist anymore

Bigger Loyalty to the Rockets than any of the other franchises
    Obviously

clutch city transcended earthly loyalty to a city
    It’s an eternal city

deb4rockets and King1 like this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

A 99er has spoken

King1 likes this.
  17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I loved the days of Warren Moon and the run and shoot. Duncan, Givens, Jeffries, and Hill were fun to watch. We might not have won any Championships then, but they were some of my best football memories after the Earl Campbell days. Those were my most fun times watching a Houston pro sports team until the Championship years of the Rockets.

tinman likes this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

I tried to care about the Texans
    Mainly because Rockets general manager Steve Patterson was the one hired by McNair to get the NFL back.
    And Patterson drafted Horry , Cassell , OT , fired Chaney and hired Rudy

But it’s the same feeling anyone will have if the Rockets left and got replaced by The Turkey Legs

it’s not the same

deb4rockets likes this.
  19. Buck Turgidson

Just to put this whole thread to rest...Donald Trump would have never in a million years been allowed to buy an NFL franchise. End. Zero. Do not pass go. I have as much of a chance of inventing a time machine and traveling back to the 80's and buying a team as he does or ever did.

20. adoo

adoo Member

not sure that's true.

at that time, Trump was the owner of the NJ Generals of the competing USFL, which was in existence from 1983 to 1985.
    the star of the Generals was RB Hershel Walker who, when the USFL went bankrupt, signed w the Cowboyst

Tomstro likes this.