1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gery Woelfel says Stephen Silas among coaches on hot seat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xiki, May 6, 2021.

1. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

This^

2. malakas

malakas Member

Gerry Woelfel??????

Seriously?
    HAHAHAHA I hadn't heard that name in ages!

Why do you even bother discussing anything this dude says?
    He is a complete joke.

He was a self appointed Bucks reporter who was a complete joke even during the previous ownership. Then he got the boot and was denied access. Constantly making stuff up and also malicious lies.

Whatever he says is 100% wrong.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ferntits broke AF.

Does not pay dead contacts.

Jontro and D-rock like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

So his best ability is to lose games?

Next best ability is choosing leaders for team and setting up rotations amirite?

ashleyem, PWR and hakeem94 like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Historic losing season but still all ***** and giggles amirite?

#Priorities

Jontro, PWR and hakeem94 like this.
  6. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Why would he be on the hot seat? He's done a masterful job of guiding the team to a bad record while credibly not admitting they're aiming for a bad record, and while developing young players. The fact that someone is saying he's on the hot seat is evidence of his success.

slothy420, hakeem94 and dobro1229 like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Complete bullshit

Rocket River

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

He is right about the Indiana coach at least.

Rumors abound about his hostile behavior, especially to his own assistant coaches and staff.

9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It’s interesting that almost nobody in here actually thinks this guy is a good coach. It’s mostly agreed upon that he made a lot of bad coaching decisions that resulted in us losing a lot of games, the only question is whether he did it on purpose or not, for the tank.

I personally don’t think coaches tank. Similar to players, coaches can’t really afford to try to lose, career wise. There is a bit of gray on that if the upper management of the team is forcing some decisions on the coach.

D-rock likes this.
  10. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I am not impressed. Nobody is impressed. It would be absolutely impossible to be impressed by a Coach who is fielding a G League team against actual NBA teams every night. That's my whole point. And that being the case, I will reserve my judgment for when the team is actually trying to win and, preferably, has more than 3-4 guys who deserve to be on an NBA roster on the team.

11. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Why fire him after one season? Let’s support our black coaches.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

lottery picks from 2-3 drafts is the way to build...

LFE171 and sydmill like this.
  13. sydmill

sydmill Member

Agreed. Get Cade/Mobley/Green/Kuminga in July and then, hopefully, one of the potential beast 4s next year. Round out the roster and we'll address whether Silas is the guy in 22/23.

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I was being sarcastic. I just don't get how you can judge him based on this season. I mean the entire team has been injured basically. He's coaching a g league roster. Not sure what the expectations were.

15. Reeko

Reeko Member

u gotta laugh and smile to keep from crying

D-rock likes this.
  16. clos4life

clos4life Member

Good for you. I, on the other hand, won't reserve my judgment and will say he's done a poor job. I'll also be ecstatic if that changes next year and he improves as a coach. All of you that think he is a good coach and that he has been dealt a bad hand have a right to your opinion. I also have a right to my opinion and think he has done a poor job and deserves to be on the hot seat. To each their own.

D-rock likes this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

Huh? Maxwell feels this year isn't Silas's fault, and I basically said the same thing. You apparently think that's a horrible take. Who's the stupid one?

18. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I judge him on when we were trying, the 7 game winning streak when we weren't completely devoid of actual NBA players.

After wood got hurt and we went into pure fire sale mode, I don't think he raised red flags.

19. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Yup, thats what many don’t seem to realize, only a 14% chance for Cade, and a large majority of the time it takes years of tanking plus luck to end up w a playoff team. The Lakers had three consecutive second overall picks in a row (D lo, Ingram, Ball) and only 1 of them was the correct pick. Even then they weren’t a playoff team until they were gifted Lebron. The league seemed to do a everything they could to help the Lakers. The 76ers tanked year after year and the best player they ended up with is good, but still injury prone. Even if you do end up w an incredible number 1 overall generational talent you may be good enough to win some games but not good enough to compete so that star leaves. Like Lebron leaving Cleveland the first time and AD leaving, you need good ownership and a bunch of good luck. More so than anything having a stellar GM who is good at talent evaluation matters. OKC is in an excellent spot due to that. It is often that the best player could be in pick 7-14. Booker, Jamal Murray, Kachin etc. The more chances you have the better off you are.

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

check your whole post