1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: DW4's situation

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by H.D., May 6, 2021.

?

Without pimps, drug addiction or human trafficking, serial prostitution is ...

1. A voluntary transaction, not necessarily unhealthy

34 vote(s)
    73.9%
  2. Perverted and/or immoral, even for single persons

7 vote(s)
    15.2%
  3. A crime, as it should be

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  1. H.D.

H.D. Member

I hope this post works- I've not posted a poll before.

2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Don’t think serial prostitution is what I would call Watsons situation.
    Serial solicitation, serial inappropriateness.
    Calling these women prostitutes is wrong.
    Well all of them anyway.

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

This seems a little over the top to me. DW4 didn't hold a gun to anyone's head nor was any of the women under age. I think he could've used better judgment, if there was sex involved......Like Forest Gump says, "THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY ABOUT THAT."

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Can you post discord link?

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Prostitution has nothing to do with Watson's situation. If he had actually used prostitutes instead of harassing and assaulting massage therapists both professional and amateur, this wouldn't be a thing.

6. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

Bobby's right, Watson should of just straight up paid them like Matt Gaetz. None were underage as in Gaetz's case, but it seems Watson is into some other kind of kink which a simple transaction for sex wasn't satisfying enough for him.

7. H.D.

H.D. Member

I honestly didn't realize there were non-Klansmen who believed these were all hard-working single mothers saving up money for massage school, and not whores with guys just outside the door connected by smartphone panic button. I would have added this option.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's interesting how a certain type of racism seems to be manifesting itself as misogyny when it comes to this issue.

Thus far that has been the most interesting thing about the OP's new sock puppet troll account.

raining threes likes this.
  9. jasonmurray29

jasonmurray29 Member

This is a bizarre poll. The bottom line is it looks like DW4 was a little forward with the massage therapist BUT we should wait for everything to come out. In fact there is nothing about him to imply he would do this but who knows.

10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I agree that nothing up to this point suggests Watson is a bad guy. I thought that was one of his best attributes personally.

But to downplay forced oral,touching women with his penis and unwanted advances, allegedly. Is more than just a little forward.
    Downplaying some serious allegations is not right.
    There are 7 criminal cases now, that’s serious.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The criminal cases are to force a settlement. The settlements will have a NDA with a nod and wink that will drop the cooperation with the DA on criminal case.

12. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Could see that happening for sure. Still speaks to the severity of his actions.

13. raining threes

Exactly

The Watson fanboys are having a hard time understanding this.

Of course if you're still a Watson fanboy you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed.

14. raining threes

What does this have to do with Gaetz? Are you trying to justify Watson's actions?

If you want to compare politicians to Watson's situation the best comparison would be Anthony Weiner

15. raining threes

Spot on

There are 7 now?

I've heard some don't want money. They want a criminal trial.

If this is true Watson's world is about to come crashing down around him.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I have no problem with people still being fans of Watson. Being a fan of how he plays football is not...or should not be a blanket approval for everything he does in his life.

There are people who struggle to support players who are scumbags, and I understand that, but it's also possible to not care about their personal lives whatsoever.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The Harris County D.A. doesn't open investigations in order to force civil settlements.

Pistol Pete likes this.
  18. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would prefer more nuance than only "healthy and normal" or "perverted and immoral".

MadMax and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Yeah, I can't really answer the poll, and it really doesn't matter what I think about it anyway.

20. mightybosstone

This. I voted for the first option on the poll, because I don't really have a problem with prostitution as long as the prostitute is not being trafficked, pimped or forced to do anything against his/her will. But I think we need to separate that idea from Watson's case. If he had just hired prostitutes, he'd still be under some hot water, but the whole world wouldn't despise him right now. Those 22 women were not prostitutes, and even if 1-2 were (which I'm not suggesting), that wouldn't justify sexually harassing or assaulting the other 20-21.

Red.Glare, 3Rings and raining threes like this.