1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Yikes. Blood red.

edit: added apps, sdgr, zm. i think i'm going to turn off the app and take a break and stop looking at all the red numbers so i don't do anything stupid.

#16281 saitou, May 4, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  2. adoo

adoo Member

ditto for me

but my CRM is hurting real bad

saitou likes this.
  3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sold my rental this year. Have an old sports car that needs work. Feel free to work on it for me while you wait it out.

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, what kind of car do you have? When you sold the rental was it performing decent or did you get tired of taking care of tenets/upkeep etc.? I mainly am a little cautious about the craziness of materials/houses - it's basically a perfect storm for really high values

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Stingray Corvette. Wish it was a classic 911. But then it'd REALLY never run.

When a tenant would leave I would always list the place for sale (at an abnormally high price) and rent. I never really WANT to sell. The market was HOT, got tons of offers, sold it while it was up. I bought in an up-and-coming area long ago (East Downtown) - so it made sense for me to get out.

Rentals are work, sure, but it's not that big of deal to me. I know people (companies) that would make honest repairs when needed. I did have a problem tenant from time-to-time. I will miss the tax shenanigans. Until I find a new one. Not buying in THIS market though.

saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, very nice car! I'm looking at something like an older vette/911 eventually (some day.....)

I think that was a great idea, especially in Austin either make a lot selling the property over value or renting for higher than normal.

Yeah, I definitely agree with you on not buying in this market... If I find something further out that makes sense on price I'll do it since I'm not looking to flip - assuming the price is not insane. I won't be buying more in Austin any time soon though. I mean it might be an unrealistic goal to even take on more property in this market regardless of spot - so I have been taking my time on doing anything.

That's awesome on the companies and finding honest work. I got a ton of experience growing up on all kinds of labor intensive work helping maintain my parents 4 plex a long time ago - I basically became the maintenance man by 10th grade... It was interesting when I'd show up to fix various things for adults. I can basically do just about anything except roofs (it's not the labor, I'm tall and I don't like getting on that 2nd story + - the ladder isn't the concern it's the steeper roofs once I'm off the ladder). They eventually sold their apartment and while I didn't like the work at the time and was basically free labor as a kid it paid off big gaining all sorts of skills though.

Ziggy likes this.
  8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

https://ir.byrna.com/news-events/pr...na-technologies-to-commence-trading-on-nasdaq

nasdaq listing finally completed. not much pop as it already ran up in anticipation of listing. sold off 3/4 of my position today for 65% gain after holding it for 6 months. not the biggest or fastest win, but these days i'll take ANY win lol. used some of the $ to start positions in wdc and stx as my chia/crypto derivative play.

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Nice! Poor saitou doesn't even own a car, i need another 3 month bull market like oct 2020 to jan 2021 damnit.

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was going to put in an order this morning to buy a few hundred shares of ASPS and forgot. ughhhhh

i dont know why but this one really pisses me off. I have been following this company for over a year and would have timed it perfectly.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

OMG FSLY down 22%, anyone buying? haven't looked at this in awhile, need to read up.

peleincubus likes this.
  13. HTM

HTM Member

Bloodbath this morning

saitou likes this.
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

PAINNN. not sure y apps down so much today; don't see any news.

15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Another day of tech stocks dragging my portfolio down.

davidio840 likes this.
  16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Used my doge $ to restart a position in cloudflare. Down 12% today in sympathy with FSLY i think. hopefully earnings later isn't as bad as FSLY...

17. Fantasma Negro

Anyone know why the vix is down?

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

If yall think we're down NOW. Just you wait and SEE! Lulz. Frogs boiling in a pot.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

S&P is flat/slightly green. we suffering in here cos we are heavy weighted tech/healthcare while other sectors are feasting.

Fantasma Negro likes this.