1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Many top NBA players hesitant to promote coronavirus vaccines

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JumpMan, Feb 17, 2021.

1. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The people he is the man of do not watch NASCAR. Those people also don't trust the vaccine. It's sus to them. Those are the people LeBron could be thinking of.

I'm just speculating here. I just don't believe that this confluence of events relating to Covid protocols, Shroeder's interview, the vaccine, the Lakers, LeBron, and this segment on ESPN are purely coincedental.

2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

what does the last paragraph even mean lol?

3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Just being Fox Mulder here.

1. Shroeder has interview where he states he won't get the vaccine and that LeBron hasn't gotten it either

2. Shroeder goes into the Covid protocol for an unknown reason

3. Anthony Davis states that he got the vaccine like MOST of his teammates and the reasons why he's doing it

4. Nichols, Ramona, and Perkins have this segment praising Davis, assuming Shroeder is Covid positive, and admonishing Schroeder and any other NBA player unwilling to take the vaccine

5. My speculation is that all of those events lead to LeBron having to take a stance on the vaccine.

Or naw, who knows.

JayZ750 likes this.
  4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Lebron is an anti-vaxxer hopefully he changes.

5. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The new variants are coming to kill. If a kid wants to get vaccinated he or she should be able to do so without the consent of their guardian as it is a life or death thing.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anti-vaccination people are simply idiots. They should speak less, so as to not oust themselves with such stupidity.

/thread.

Regards,

- My grandfather (who lives with polio)

DVauthrin and ak99999 like this.
  7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I have no tolerance for the stupidity of anti-vaccination people. Doesn't surprise me one bit that Lebron is in that camp. (Not a comment on his race, just his immaturity)

ak99999 likes this.
  8. tksense

tksense Member

Why are they stupid, may I ask? Especially when something is done in a rush and is at best in an experimental stage, some people do not wish to subject their body yet to be a lab mouse?

So far, there is no data proving whether the current vaccine would works or not (the report of increased cases indicate that they DON'T work, do you realize?), and there are definite data about its risks of severe side-effects. People investigate the data and make a best decision for their own bodies. "my body my choice" was a slogan just two years ago. Have you investigated the data?

So unconvincing data is a common reason for hesitancy, may I understand what's so stupid about it?

9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

What are you talking about? Of course there is data proving the vaccines work. Cases are down across the board. That is uncontroversial and undeniable data. Millions of people have taken the vaccine without incident, and there are a statistically insignificant number of cases where people have reacted negatively to the vaccine. That is going to be the case with any medication. If you want to believe something else, that is your right, but there is plenty of data supporting the efficacy of the vaccine.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

11. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Nvm (skipping this)

#51 ChillyPete32, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
  12. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This is a complete and utter lie. There are mountains and mountains of data showing the efficacy of the vaccine relating to both the number of new cases as well as the mortality rate of the virus itself. There are also plenty of data points regarding the side-effects of the vaccine, and just how likely or common the "severe" side-effects actually are. You can use words like "investigate" all you want, but unless you have a background in infectious disease, public health or at least have a basic understanding of how viruses spread, any "investigation" you provide would be completely worthless. An inability to actually decipher the data that's being provided, a preconceived bias (generally based on a lack of education and fear of what you don't know), and an unhealthy obsession with party politics are the only driving factors for anyone doubting the positive impacts of the vaccine.

DVauthrin and Invisible Fan like this.
  13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I understand your point, and even somewhat sympathize with someone saying they don't necessarily trust that there won't be long-term ramifications of this vaccine. But, if we're talking about weighing individual beliefs vs. the greater good, I would then say those same people opting out of the vaccine should also feel perfectly ok being barred from attending concerts or sporting events, not being allowed into restaurants, and generally being kept away from any place they can potentially spread the virus. Just like they have every right to not take the vaccine, private businesses and social event planners have every right to not want them in attendance.

DVauthrin, Red.Glare and ChillyPete32 like this.
  14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210311005482/en/

Deckard and DVauthrin like this.
  15. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

So I stealth deleted my post to avoid wading into this too deep, but I actually do agree with that and think that's probably going to be the next step if we stall out on vaccination numbers. We'll have to give people medical exemptions though if that happens.

I'm out now on this for real though.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just want to say the fear that blacks (including nba players) being the vaccine hesitant ended up being overblown or otherwise abating.

Right wing vaccine hesitancy/antivax ****ery, meanwhile...still ruining the **** out of America and a much bigger obstacle to herd immunity. Congrats Tucker.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Actually, LeBron is more or less considered a complete and total enemy of the right wing in the Fox News Extended Universe, basically a Steppenwolf type figure - if he did not get the vaccine, it would probably inspire a bunch of Trumpist/own the libs types to get it in order to spite LeBron.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. tksense

tksense Member

I completely agree about lacking scientific background being worthless. But there are at least hundreds of professionals standing up against the data-manipulation and pure fallacies perpetrated by the official narratives. Some former experts at these same pharmaceuticals, some Nobel prize winners. What do they get as a result for their expertise AND skepticism? Either unreported or smeared. Whereas, the spirit of scientific inquiry is to question and debate. Labeling somebody who questions is not only anti-scientific, it is purely political and "stupid" in itself. (you are embroiled into a mindless US vs THEM dialectics for political purpose, this is not healthy imo)

I'm not here to debate about the vaccine, I'm just describing the hesitant attitude among some people, and would like to know why some here must feel they're stupid just because they have a different take on what they need for their own body?

As for scientific background, I do have a semi one, from college, but I never went into it as a professional, so I don't claim to be a scientist. However, I would at least be literate and try to decipher primary documents, especially to be critical about it. Science/statitics is full of lies, I thought this much is well-known, i.e. pretending something inconclusive as "evidence"; manipulate the control-group or threshold to pump a certain "result". etc. This is extremely rampant esp in the field of pharmaceuticals.

For instance, take this from Marcia Angell, MD:

Similar conflicts of interest and biases exist in
    virtually every field of medicine, particularly those that
    rely heavily on drugs or devices. It is simply no longer
    possible to believe much of the clinical research that is
    published, or to rely on the judgment of trusted
    physicians or authoritative medical guidelines. I take
    no pleasure in this conclusion, which I reached slowly
    and reluctantly over my two decades as an editor of
    The New England Journal of Medicine.

As for today, thousands of doctors and highly regarded experts have stood up against the monopoly of medical narrative in this past year. Dr. Yeadon, Dr. Levitt, Great Barrington Declaration, and I can count even PCR inventor Kary Mullis himself. If anyone is curious, we can totally talk about the research and development behind the most crucial factor in declaring this pandemic: the PCR test. The official documents itself claimed multiple times that they have no virus material. This is a well-known fact. They have redefined what is a "pandemic". It's a word-play game we are seeing today, hence the pandemic is really much more a political matter, much less a scientific matter.

But I digress, to the D&D.

Gioan Baotixita likes this.
  19. tksense

tksense Member

Thanks for sharing too. I'd love to read the actual studies of all these claims. But this is nothing new. They've pumped data to sell bad drugs for decades. Two months is a very short time, we won't truly know the effects of something until years later. Normally, the trial periods for vaccines have been 5-10 years.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You are concerned about potential long-term effects, and I'm concerned about known short-term effects of COVID-19 that are killing people in large numbers today.

Hypothetically, if everyone decided to avoid taking any COVID-19 vaccines for 5-10 years until they are 100% certain that they are safe, how many excess deaths would that result in? The virtual certainty of millions more people dying in the coming years is a much greater concern for me than your highly unlikely scenario of a comparable number of people dying down the road due to complications with the vaccine.

DVauthrin, wlangston and Red.Glare like this.