1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Nostalgia] So I ran into Othella Harrington at Minuti Coffee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, May 4, 2021.

1. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Saw ralph Sampson at hobby airport during the final 4 a few years back. This was before hobby was remodeled and he had to duck down at baggage claim.

2. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Early 90's I came back to Houston to visit with my folks. In one weekend: rode the airport escalator with Elvin Hayes, saw Art Howe at a bakery buying kaloches, and saw Dan Pastorini at the Astrodome when I took my nephew to the Oiler game.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

What's the best drink at Minuti Coffee? Always driven by it, never been in it.

4. conquistador#11

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Cool stories, bros.

6. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Used to see him all the time at Mama's Cafe

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The poster or the player? :cool:

across110thstreet likes this.
  8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I used to own that basketball card. Little known fact, Othella never actually wore that jersey number for the Rockets!

9. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Legends

10. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had this card

jch1911 and conquistador#11 like this.
  11. SuraGotMadHops

It's always fun seeing ex mid-card type Rockets in the wild. I saw Bob Sura at the Salata on Waugh, also saw Mutombo at the Luby's on Waugh (although I recognized Deke's voice first and THEN I saw him). Moochie Norris plays pick up at the Met downtown pretty often, and Dan Pastorini works out there midday.

I also saw Jim Jackson at a gift shop at the ATL airport, and Dale Davis on a Southwest flight (looked uncomfortable as hell for him).