1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Tillmans son to be new CEO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2021.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

What a monumental D-bag. The guy couldnt afford to purchase the Rockets outright before his businesses crumbled due to Covid and I bet he still fancies hmself a "financial engineer". I love the Rockets and so I will put up with this guy for as long as I have to but he is Grade A megalomaniac.

2. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

The Orlando Magic have a finals appearance about a decade and a half more recent than the Rockets do. Let that sink in...

Honestly idgaf who the CEO of the Rockets is....Ultimately it’s going to come down to what Rafael Stone does with our plethora of draft picks and how he builds the Roster through both the draft and free agency and the decisions that are made by the coaching staff to put our players in the best position to succeed and develop talent.

That is what is going to determine when we will win again and be competitive.

don grahamleone and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Until Tilman feels the need to make a command desicion on a stupid trade, or refuses to spend on the fringe parts of a contender.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

So you would be ok with the ineptitude that the Magic have had over the last decade and are now going through another rebuild because they had a finals appearance ~checks calendar~ 12 years ago.

Do you think any Magic fan is happy going through this because they made a finals appearance in 2009?

I noticed you conveniently left out the other teams.

Do you think Stone has that much power?

And even so why should we have faith in Stone?

sydmill, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

delete

#305 Sweet Lou 4 2, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    don grahamleone likes this.
  6. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

The other teams you mentioned are arguably contenders. Right now- contenders. I don’t know about you but I wish the Rockets had Kawhi and Paul George, or Giannis, or the core of Philadelphia. I WISH the Rockets were still contenders. But we’re not.

I have no idea what Stone will do with our draft picks, what he will do in free agency. I have no idea what Tilman or Patrick will sign off on as far as trades or free agency goes....

But I will say this..... who’s to say that in the next decade that the Rockets won’t be successful under Stone and our current ownership (and whoever tf the CEO is)?

In 2010 did anyone think that the GSW were just a few years away from an absolute dynasty? I sure as hell didn’t. But they built through the draft and were able to identify and develop talent and add quality free agents along the way.

That is what winning consistently in the NBA is about. Caitlyn Jenner could be the CEO of the Rockets and I honestly would not give a single **** as long as we contend and win rings. THAT is my point.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

The same people who have said this since 2018 the owner is a dumbass and continue to do so. We have been right the entire time and it will continue to get worse before it can get any better

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

You should. There is a reason why Sterlings Clippers were so unpopular. Nobody wanted to play for him.

topfive, BMoney, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

We where contenders only 2 years ago but you where the one saying we have not won anything in over 20 years so make up your mind.

Should we shut up because we have not won anything in 20 years or do we have a right to be upset since we were just contenders 2 years ago and now the owners son who created this mess is now taking over?

We were winning consistently but for some reason that was not enough since you said we have not one anything in over 20 years.

You actually don't have a real point.

topfive, BMoney and D-rock like this.
  11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm guessing this is posted in the wrong thread

edited Lou's post

#311 Os Trigonum, May 5, 2021
    Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Sweet Lou 4 2 likes this.
  12. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Actually, you proved my point for me.

What is a contender? A contender is a team that has a legit chance to win a ring.

We aren’t a contender anymore. Once the Harden era ended, we can absolutely look at the fact that we didn’t win a ring during his tenure with the Rockets as a failure(in hindsight of course).

While you have a team that is a contender, you have a “chance”, right? Now that the Harden/ Morey era is over and we didn’t win a ring I think it’s totally fair to be disappointed that we didn’t win a championship and are no longer contenders.

All we can do now is trust/hope that the people in charge can rebuild the organization through the draft and free agency

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

LMAO!!!

Who did not NOT see this coming????

14. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Daniel Calhoun McNair.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

If he needs an advisor, I'm available

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Plenty of excellent advisors on CF. He should definitely join.

Morey owes his success to CF advising. There I said it.

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  17. topfive

topfive CF OG

Tilman: "Good news, Patrick! I've narrowed the CEO search down to the only two people I would consider hiring for the position, and you're one of them."

Patrick: "Two people? Who's the other?"

Tilman: "Well ME, of course. Who else could do the job better?"

18. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Your point was that nobody should be upset because we have not won anything in over 20 years.

This is what you said: bunch of grown men are crying about Tilman handpicking his son as CEO when we haven’t won a god damn thing in 26 years.

How does that jibe with us not being a contender anymore?

Make up your mind dude.

20. DonatelloLimestone

I’d rather the most “eligible bachelors” go do a photo spread I’ll never see that mess up our beloved rockets
    A great philosopher, maybe Einstein, maybe it was Plato or lavar or Socrates, can’t remember exactly once said stay in yo lane. These guys already have their skill:

https://abc13.com/tilman-fertitta-michael-patrick-rockets/2704534/

“The only question which seemed to catch them off guard was whether they would call themselves Houston's most eligible bachelors.

"Truly, it's the hardest question you could have asked. It's the one I'm going to get in trouble for," said the Fertittas. "I'll plead the 5th on that one. I'll plead the 5th."