1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Tillmans son to be new CEO

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 4, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

I remember one of their interviews bragging that P memorized all the stats. Morey doesn't have anything on em.

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  2. DonatelloLimestone

Nah maybe tilman will get lucky, He got lucky when the banks collapsed and he owed them millions in his own book. He's lucky he has the rockets as teh most overleveraged owner. Patrick is lucky his pop just handed him the keys to a franchise at 25. Maybe their luck will continue.

3. DonatelloLimestone

I'm guessing and hoping this guy is being sarcastic

4. DonatelloLimestone

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  5. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

You'll never get the chance while Ferntits owns the Rockets, bruh.

6. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Do you seriously believe a professional search firm chose Patrick Tillman to be the Rockets CEO? Daddy dropped a couple hundred grand for a firm to come up with his son's name?

7. DonatelloLimestone

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports...sfl-miami-heat-mike-miller-s093014-story.html

They are making record profits off the big 3, then they went and cut a glue guy who wasn't worth the contract for some extra cash. Remind us of anyone(Ariza?) Hurt the culture, hurt the player trust

but now miami is paying haslem to be the culture even though he doesn't play, maybe he learned, hopefully this kid can learn and his ego and delusional lack of self awareness isn't as bad as his daddys.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Seriously, Patrick should join Clutchfans, assuming he has not already done so.

don grahamleone and DreamShook like this.
  9. CertifiedTroll

I thought he was bballhollic

ApacheWarrior and Easy like this.
  10. DonatelloLimestone

Wholesome CF
    [​IMG]

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Just think of the CEO salary that will be saved!

I hope this is not what actually happens. If you want him to be successful you start him out in minor roles letting him build his experience and knowledge of team operations. Make him earn it and he/the organization will be better for it.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

There's no way he can afford a sham search firm with that 13% interest loan hanging over his head.

D-rock and homewight like this.
  13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

You give him too much credit. :D

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Except that one of these folks has been sentenced to jail. ;)

15. DonatelloLimestone

Yep, my bad about that. Was trying to make real world comparasions but I guess now with the triggered polarized culture of it all, we shouldn't bring it to the rockets. Tried to show how its a culture of all power structures rather than single out one only in the end, but in any case. Reasonable not to put it out here My fault, my man

16. DonatelloLimestone

No I was pointing out that I think he was being sarcastic and that doesn't always translate on here

17. H.D.

H.D. Member

So, if you ran Boeing, you'd have responded to the 737MAX failures by ordering merely randomly screwing all of the parts together?

18. DonatelloLimestone

As Cat said, this isn't even confirmed. Its a reputable, believable rumor. Maybe they are even putting the feeler out to see how the PR is and will switch tracks. In any case, Patrick fertittta still has power, Freaking Daryl Morey had to answer and run ideas by him.
    I'm hoping our worst is behind us(this year). With a pick, with growth, we can do better, hopefuly the Fertittas don't get in the way this new rebuild

19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Could it not be more obvious? I mean, really...

D-rock and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Fair. I dont like to see people bashing you. But given the topic of this thread I'm in a bashing mood. Comes with the territory of turning a 60 win team into a 15 win team in 3 years. We better hope Cyber is a liar on this one. That's my silver lining.

D-rock likes this.