1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rox need upgrade on uniform

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VanityHalfBlack, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets can start by tossing those blue abominations in the trash where they belong

enough with the black that’s been done by so many NBA teams already, throw away any shades of grey, and get back to the ketchup and mustard

give the people what they want

How are we wearing these garbage blue jerseys more than we wore our throwback ketchup and mustard last season? They looked so clean too

[​IMG]

bmd, BigM, Jturbofuel and 4 others like this.
  2. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I hate them so much. I don't even think you're a Rockets fan if you don't love ketchup and mustard.[/QUOTE]
    I hate your post. I hate it. I am filled with actual hatred for it.

This seems more like a city edition[/QUOTE]

For sure, they are clean though. Definitely an alternate color scheme but it's a ton better than the blue ***** they wear this season. Houston, the Rockets organization has enough cool history and a cool theme to have some more creative designs. The ketchup and mustards can still be iconic, can still be the base scheme but throwing some different flavors in occasionally is cool. Just as long as the different flavor isn't Oiler blue I guess.

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The current BLACK uniforms are great. Both the Black & White and Black and Red.
    The current RED uniforms are great.
    The current WHITE uniforms are ok. Not bad but behind the others.

Just run with those Black ones or Red ones for most of the games. I bash Tilman, but he got it right on the uniforms in regards to the better FONT.

Rockets4Life13 likes this.
  4. jnuge90

jnuge90 Member

What if they did a deep red, gold, and silver color scheme and had the logo and uniform heavy on the NASA styling. I’ve always thought that would be unique and look clean.

[​IMG]

Something along the lines of this (but a better logo and add silver accents)

payaso likes this.
  5. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

LOL! Right now the Jerseys are the least of their problems.

6. DonatelloLimestone

I don't think the black ones look bad, I just think a professional team deserves a little bit more character and identity than the local college team. Both funded by the same owner.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Literally randoms on the internet and on nba2k have some more interesting, creative, and relative designs to the Houston Rockets.
    We're restarting essentially, establishing a new. We are struggling this and next year, lets up grade our identity, make Houston Rockets mean something, along with better facilities, staff, etc.
    No one wanted to goto Charlotte, its a tough sell. They've done wonders to continue to update with trial and error their branding and jerseys, their court, etc to create a new identity let alone a sellable project.

Houston's isn't bad, I like them. They are mediocre

7. homewight

homewight Contributing Member

Ketchup and mustard all the way. Everything else sucks.

Roc Paint likes this.
  8. Put You On Game

Atlanta Hawks wised up and went back to their red and yellow styled uniforms from the Dominique Wilkins days and it looks nice.

I hate our white jerseys, just looks so plain. It definitely needs a secondary color to make it pop.

D-rock and DonatelloLimestone like this.
  9. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Nowadays, every time I see them play in light blue, I'm reminded of the 90s Clips.

10. DonatelloLimestone

Reminds me of the oilers, I don't think it looks bad, but at this point it seems we can just throw out random colors and fonts and it has nothing to do with houston or the rockets, it looks generic

11. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Ima say this once, the red n yellow uni's should never be associated with losing. I hate tillman, but I'm glad he made up a jersey scheme this year n not tarnish the championship jerseys. We missed our opportunity to wear them.more when we had harden. I don't wanna see them until we are a contender again....period

12. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Rox need upgrade.

daywalker02 likes this.
  13. DonatelloLimestone

Yea thats some reason. I wouldn't have wanted to see them this season. Tilman didn't do this intentioally, but yea I'll wait till we get back on track to bring the Legends back. In any case, we could use some new energy and new ideas

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

It wouldn’t bother me as much if Gerald Green got to where the mofos

BamBam likes this.
  15. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Y’all are arguing about this as if Nike won’t re-introduce the classic jerseys a few years from now. They'll ruin them by inverting the colors the very next season under some “Legends REimagined” program. Visual consistency doesn’t exist anymore in the NBA.

#55 mtbrays, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  16. DonatelloLimestone

I agree, we should take the classics, sort of like the cactus jack jerseys except the painting should be of Green helping people during the floods. He should be the only person in the team allowed to wear them and do whatever he wants. We're tanking, lets get some gimmicks so we can cheer.

Roc Paint likes this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Oh yea of course it wasn't intentional. I do think it was intentional to lighten the harden blow when he left. Had to give the city something to get excited about since he knew what was gonna happen

18. DonatelloLimestone

from the actions of the last 3 years, while also openly lying to anyone who will listen. I think tilman seems like the entitled lack of selfaware type in what this city would take. Just like he promised in 2017 facilitiy upgrades, spending whatever it takes yada yada. Lucky for him ,rockets fans true and true are still and always will be rockets fans despite him, or any of stars/management leaving. He has surrounded himself at this point with essentially first timers in the nba at their position, more yes men since the guys who had some clout all left after years of promising, screaming, and underdelivering where actions don't match the words.

mike2k132 likes this.
  19. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

He just is cheap. He probably will grow out of that. I guess he really didn't have the money to buy the rockets..it really wiped him out. So probably after like 5 years when he recoups some of the money on invest he will spend...God I hope so

20. DonatelloLimestone

Sadly thats our hope, all of us. We may be the one of the few franchises who have to hope and worry about our owners finances. He is the most leveraged nba buyer when he bought in and bought in at the peak, then his business got hit in the pandemic the highest. But to be honest, he was cheaping out before the pandemic. I hope he punted, has some idea that nba economics is not like restaurant economics and can adjust. he's got a few years now that we're rebuilding where no one cares now finally when he saves moeny, but like you said, hopefully next time around we get it down