1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. - how good can he be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 28, 2021.

?

What is your prediction on KPJ’s career?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2021.
  1. Franchise player

93 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Borderline Allstar

150 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. Role Player

22 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Benchwarmer

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

[​IMG]

Plowman, daywalker02 and amaru like this.
  2. anamah

anamah Member

Rebuild this team with a new center and small forward , MOBLEY Keep, Eric & wall .
    KPJ , TATE & WOOD not an answer.

3. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

this might be the single worst take I’ve seen on this board, which is incredibly high bar to leap.

I’ve seen both the “grass is greener, give up on current youth and draft an even younger unknown” and “rebuilding is too dependent on luck - keep the vets and try to be good enough to entice a star” approaches espoused.

But I’ve never seen both simultaneously.

“Keep Wall and Gordon while replacing your good young players with unknown younger players” is just galaxy brain level strategy.

4. xaos

xaos Member

Let's also trade away all of our picks to bring back Westbrook and sign Brian Cook

rhee, gatsby, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Is your name Eric or John?

D-rock, ak99999, saleem and 4 others like this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are a good comedian.

D-rock and ak99999 like this.
  7. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

[​IMG]

BamBam likes this.
  8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

James Harden has been telling KPJ to hold the fort down until he gets back :eek:

Caesar likes this.
  9. Trackwell

Trackwell Member

Think this could happen in a few years

Caesar likes this.
  10. Roc Paint

Absolutely going to happen in my heart of hearts

11. Roc Paint

He’ll be coming off the bench though behind KPJ

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

KPJ is the one guy that I think has real potential to be a star and is not being overhyped.

The other guys the org are really over hyping in my opinion. Wood is great, not going to be a max player on contender though. I like Tate, but Bullard pushing for him to be ROY is a complete joke when you look at what AE has been doing, in a few years he will look like the clown he is by even suggesting that Tate should be ROY over AE.

Roc Paint and fchowd0311 like this.
  13. D-rock

D-rock Member

14. D-rock

D-rock Member

BallSoHarden and ashleyem like this.
  15. Roc Paint

I want to know who’s take this is clutch fans or Taco Bell

16. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

It is impressive, but I think his ceiling is lower. He is 25 and will be 26 next season, Ant is 19, KPJ just turned 21, I can see them being stars with a super max. With Wood, I don't think there has ever been a player who has had that many seasons of being in the league and then being paid and deserving a supermax. Whiteside is the one that comes to mind, but his peak seemed short lived.

17. csc177

csc177 Member

The point was that KP is 20 and scored 50. Not making any declaration on his career outlook. There arent many 20 year olds dropping 50 (let alone drop 11 assists also). Scoring 50 is really hard. Not many players (at any level can do it). Yes, some catch fire (to your EG and Brewer example) but it's a rare feat. The fact that this kid did it at 20 years old, is pretty damn impressive and should get Rockets fans excited.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  18. DonatelloLimestone

Did anyone see Hakeem play in the africa games...why not?

Drexler still looks reasonably in shape, horry just graduated fresh out of college. Now we're finally on to something...

19. DonatelloLimestone

I agree. I pegged him as a borderline all s tar, maybe a lou williams or manu ginobili. both of who I am very high on as game changers, but not the guy you build around a la harden. Granted as mentioned, brandon jennings dropped 55 his rookie year. So you take it with a grain of salt, but KPJ has had amazing growth. Up until now in college, cleveland he was 'potential'. He came to the dleague, which has terrible circumstances relative to the nba lifestyle, did it quietly and showed up let alone played out of position as a PG. He was known as a wing who could handle, now that we're losing I like that Silas has him learning and seeing the game and responsiblity from the hardest role as a PG.

He is still 20, a lot to see, a lot to see how he handles himself this summer, how he continues to respond to defenses adjusting to him not being a surprise, how he handles himself after his big first contract(2 years, along with Wood), but that 50-11-6 was a masterpiece. I don't want to sell him short. One day I'm hoping he becomes a legend and we have a 30-30 about the details, taste, and angles he threw food at Koby Altman and how history was made that day. Maybe we can interview the chef(Chef harden appears in masterful 4d chess and comes back to houston for the best lefty back up court in the league, Stepbacks raining left and right)

csc177, ashleyem and Verbal Christ like this.
  20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Happy birthday Scoot!

vator and Roc Paint like this.