1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Cancel Culture: Demi Lovato targets local yogurt shop for sugar free options

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Apr 18, 2021.

?

Sugar free yogurt

1. Offensive

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Doesn’t taste good but not offended

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Taste good

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. tinman

Supporting Member

J.R. likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

We don’t want your business or donations or apology Karen Lovato! Now go away!

After receiving multiple inquiries about the tweet and doctored DMs, the Bigg Chill set the record straight Wednesday in an Instagram story clarifying that it has “not received any donations from Demi’s team. Nor do we want one.”

“We have not made any changes to our menu,” the company added. “We have not heard anything from Demi since her ‘sorry, not sorry’ apology on Monday. We have not heard from her team. These are Photoshopped images. Thanks again for all of your support.”

ROXRAN and tinman like this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Can I assume Fox and friends convince Tinman that this a major current affairs issue?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. DonatelloLimestone

Yep, thats what i don't understand. I don't think any reasonable person outside of twitter, where people who are outraged continuously as well as CNN with constant breaking news, or fox who somehow talks about cancel culture while being outraged for anything you can find, really find her position tenable or take some 'woke' celebrity as anything legitimate.

But thats the state of information for a functioning democracy, just stupid headlines of nothingburgers.

And for tinman, yea she is an absolute fool. I've seen it a lot on tv about the woke generation, but when I actually meet human beings in person, I don't find this to be a consistent representation.
    Go figure right? Just like How when I meet (insert: Police, Muslims, blacks, whites, conservatives, dems, asians, immigrants, hispanics, so on and so on outside of the few fringe people, generally meet most folks who are surprise surprise, just trying to take care of their family, make a living, and be ****ing normal. But the sensation sells, and those who digest this TMZ crap have some warped view of the world, that goes for peopl who think every conservative is one way, liberal one way, muslim one way, policeman one way(conveniently bashing FBI,CIA who is filled with former police, former army men that they ironically are so patriotic about), so on and so forth.

Its easy and sad how fast people get brainwashed, but sadly selling a common enemy in history doesn't repeat, but it rhymes a whole lot.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

Nah breh
    I belong to the only people who appreciate the Center
    [​IMG]

The 99ers

DonatelloLimestone and JumpMan like this.
  8. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

She use to look so cute now she looks like a fat george michael.

tinman likes this.
  9. tinman

Supporting Member

You know Demi Lovato snorts cocaine right ?
    She admits it

I don’t know why your obsession with cable news or the fact the 99ers dominate the board has anything to do with frozen yogurt

I personally liked TCBY back in the day

it would make me mad that some coked up chick would try to close TCBY cause she got triggered by the coconut flakes

10. tinman

Supporting Member

George Michael is a much better singer than her
    @glynch

11. tinman

Supporting Member

Stop insulting George Michael
    He can actually sing
    @glynch
    @rocketsjudoka

12. tinman

Supporting Member

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Is @tinman some failed 90s stand up comic who is trying make a name for himself on the BBS?

Because I really don't get his angle especially considering how much time he dedicated to it. Like I can understand the bad jokes once a few weeks but investing this much time on it makes me really curious.

14. supaflyz

supaflyz Member

He takes stuff on the internet really seriously from what I can tell.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. tinman

Supporting Member

who's the better singer? Demi LeYaYo or George Michael?

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I’ve heard about the they their pronouns for a long time, but somehow this headline is the first time I’ve seen it in a full sentence. Unless she has split personality disorder it just sounds kind of awkward to me. Is it really settled that these are the pronouns we’re going with for non binary people?

Demi Lovato announces they are non-binary and changing their pronouns

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...ato-non-binary-pronouns-podcast-announcement/

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Unfortunately, yes, those are the pronouns. Having had a few students now who identify in this fashion, I can say it's awkward. Mostly, it just makes a class start referring to everyone as "they" b/c why risk forgetting and getting it wrong in case somebody cares.

I really really wish someone would bring back the awesome gender-neutral, singular pronoun thon, (I don't mean the skinny, largely inept basketball player.)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/third-person-gender-neutral-pronoun-thon#:~:text='Thon', short for ",and 'them'—remain.&text=That word is thon.,1858 by Charles Crozat Converse.

#77 B-Bob, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
    jiggyfly, DCkid and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

She now identifies as frozen yogurt. @tinman

*as long as it’s not sugar-free.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just hope we can all get outraged, really angry and upset about choices people make regarding themselves.

If we can also somehow blame Democrats and Liberals that would be a bonus.

Hopefully, at the very least we can add fuel to the Hollywood is out of touch motif.

And no matter what we can focus on the trivial. It's a win for everyone.

#79 FranchiseBlade, May 19, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
  20. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Im definitely not a fan of her music, just like I was never a fan of George Michael. However, the girl can flat out sing. If GM were alive today, Im sure he would agree. She can belt.

FranchiseBlade likes this.