1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worse? the Racism or the ref didn't call a foul?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, May 3, 2021.

?

Worse

1. No foul called on obvious punch to the face

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Racism video says racist remarks

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. jerseys are horrible for both teams

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

AAU is trash for sure......and that is ridiculous that kid should have been tossed out for throwing a punch......wouldn't do anything about the push, that guy fell on top probably just frustration.

However if they said racial slurs, the refs should have T-d them up.

DD

FranchiseBlade and tinman like this.
  3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The kid who threw the punch should be banned from sports. Probably old enough for an assault charge, too. What a joke of a league to allow that.

4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The kid that threw the punch should be suspended but trash talk happens and I bet there was some back and forth going on.

The Refs should be fired as well.

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just watched the video and yes the kid who threw the punch should've been tossed immediately and suspended from future games. Players using racial slurs should've been T'ed up. It looks to me like the refs lost control of the game.

tinman and jiggyfly like this.
  6. Duncan McDonuts

Trash talk happens. Racism shouldn't. Shame on you for thinking that's okay.

body slam likes this.
  7. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What the hell are you talking about?

Do we know the other kid did not say some stuff?

I never said its ok but it does happen and if works it will continue to happen.

So miss me with that bs.

8. Duncan McDonuts

You assumed the Asian kids said racist things to bait the black kids. All we know is the black kids said racist things and were physically violent.

9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

The black kid said the racial slurs and he is the violent aggressor as well. The Asian kid did try to walk away at first.

it is what it is

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Why do keep saying **** I did not say.

I said the other kid said something I never said it was racial.

We don't even know if the black kids said racist stuff all we have is the word of the kids mother.

You really seem to have an agenda here.

11. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Again the group that discriminates and has the power structure behind them to adversely effect both Asian and Black communities is the same. Both groups should put aside animosity toward each other.

It only helps the power structure that discriminates against both communities.

No more needs to be said about this incident.

The more tensions between the groups can be fanned, the worse it is for both of those communities and the more it serves the common enemy who is a greater threat to both of communities.

There are posts here already feeding those flames.

The less we highlight this crap, the better. Better to highlight examples of the power structure denying equal treatment to each of the communities.

Fight the disease not the symptoms. That is doubly true when fighting the symptoms only strengthens the disease.

#11 FranchiseBlade, May 3, 2021
    Last edited: May 3, 2021
  12. right1

right1 Member

Can you expound on this please? Who is the common enemy? Are you saying we shouldn't talk about racism or hate crimes unless it is committed by a certain group or race?

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Nothing wrong with calling out bad behavior, if we can't do that we are all doomed.

It's the soft bigotry of low expectations.

I have no idea what the common enemy of this incident is.

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I'm saying that calling out bad behavior is where it should end in this case. It shouldn't be represented as one discriminated group against another.

If the cause is to focus on the larger issues then we should say this is bad and then focus on the greater, larger more important issues. If not progress will be difficult to come by.

If a patient has poison ivy, broken collar bone, and cancer, the most attention shouldn't be focused on the poison ivy. Yes, it should also be treated but let's put more effort and energy into dealing with the bigger issues.

Trust me the cancer tumors are happy to have you ignore them and for the distraction of poison ivy.

Again, poison ivy sucks and let's treat it, but it shouldn't be the focus.

15. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

It's only the trolls who are in here doing that and bringing up the racial issue.

I really don't see what the cancer is in this situation it seems you are conflating 2 seperate things.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

We should call out bad behavior but if we want to make real progress we need to make an effort to be distracted by what the power structure wants and focus on how to unite and claim part of the power structure

17. DonatelloLimestone

Screwed up parenting. Fights happen in basketabll, believe it or not, in all colors. This is bad parenting, coaching, reffing all around. An absolute embarssment for any 'leaders' or adults , coaches in the room to let this crap fly

rocketsjudoka, JumpMan and jiggyfly like this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The power structure would love to have the focus be on the incidents blacks vs. Asians.

But that issue isn't what is the greatest impediment to Asian or Black communities.

Bad behavior should never be tolerated.

Focusing on the real issue would ease tensions and do more to unite the communities than publicly calling out and publicizing selected incidents of individuals.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  19. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bit scummy for the refs to take a blind eye to a sucker punch.

Fights happen. You'd expect the adults to sort it out.

tinman and jiggyfly like this.
  20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

The power structure?

I have no idea what that has to do with this incident.