1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tony buzbee filing lawsuit against Deshaun Watson? Hints at mistreating women

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nimo, Mar 16, 2021.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I know it's not NFL season, but I don't remember the last time I saw someone wearing a Watson Shirt / Jersey in town.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not suggesting he be thrown in prison without a trial, but 22 credible allegations is enough for me to believe he's guilty.

People can be found innocent at trial and still be very much guilty. OJ absolutely murdered his ex wife and that random waiter, but there were enough morons on the jury to let him get away with it. Doesn't mean he's innocent.

When it comes to allegations, the "credible" part is the most important part. The knuckle draggers who go around labeling everyone racist for not agreeing with them on every issue have no credibility whatsoever. In fact, they are some of the more pathetic people you could encounter. Hopefully you aren't comparing sexual assault victims to those kind of race grifters.

3. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

A lot of people seem to have completely forgotten what happened to Calvin Murphy.

jiggyfly, brosef and clos4life like this.
  4. TFP

TFP Member

Any story can be credible or believable but to me the most important thing is the evidence. Call me crazy.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree that any story can be credible, it takes some kind of evidence or other situation to be truly credible.

If these women had no obvious connection to Watson, and there was only one of them, and they had no corroboration whatsoever, then they wouldn't be seen as credible.

In fact, when I first heard about this situation I was highly skeptical but everything that has come out since then boosts their credibility. They were all hired by Watson, and they all have similar stories....and he acknowledges that he did have relations with them...he's just going with the date rapist defense of "they wanted it".

All of that is enough for me to consider them credible

6. HardenVolumeOne

ben roethlisberger raped 3 women ( ALLEDGELLY) and nobody ever brings it up

mario_v likes this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still call him a rapist. Actually, it's like the whole Kobe thing. I always thought of him as a rapist. Rapists and abusers with lots of money, don't deserve to be treated like heroes after paying off their victims, or getting special treatment by the law.

Shark44 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I think about all of the fans who have thousands and thousands of dollars of signed merchandise :eek:

BossHogg713 likes this.
  9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I must have someone on mute, because I'm seeing one half of a conversation here, with very pointed comments, and not the other.

DonnyMost and Two Sandwiches like this.
  10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

and no one ever says PITT and Big Ben needed to part ways for a "fresh start"

Believe me, the media has a vested interest in getting Watson to a new team. They are continue to push for it

11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

How unselfaware can a person be.

Everybody is laughing at you across multiple threads.

12. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What are using to say these are credible?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, they are all women that were probably hired by Watson, they all have similar stories, and Watson admits sexual contact with them, and there's therapists he's hired that aren't suing him suggesting he acted similarly...and there's communications between Watson and some of the women that Watson has attempted to delete and cover up.

All of that taken together lends credibility to their stories.

When I first heard about the initial story being just one seemingly random woman I was highly skeptical, but so much has come out since then that I don't think any reasonable person would deny that Watson more likely than not is guilty of at least some of the serious allegations against him.

14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Not trying to argue, but what says they aren’t credible?

To me the sheer volume tends to lead to some credibility, if it was one or two then I’d have serious doubts.

15. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I didn't even think about that, crazy.

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The vast majority of them are operating an illegal business.......

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

LOL half the posts in this entire thread are missing for me. Must be a real shitshow in here.

ElPigto, MadMax and DatRocketFan like this.
  18. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

so u are using quantity of accusation = credible? Using your logic if a sht ton of people accused u of being racist, then u are racist? I haven't been following this trial thoroughly, but is there even evidence or u just branding watson a sexual predator based on quantity of accusation before the actual trial/evidences presentation.

charlieaustin and jiggyfly like this.
  19. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Yes you are trying to argue and did I say if they are credible or not?

I have not claimed either or about these plaintiffs or there statement I just don't think choosing a side is prudent.

What's wrong with looking at everything in a nuanced way and letting things play out.

Why should anybody think all 22 of these are credible since the statements are prepared by an attorney who has already said some questionable things that have not been truthful.

When does volume lead to them all being credible?

see once again you are going somewhere else, I questioned why does he believe all 22 are questionable, why don't you try to read what I said again and stop trying to paint as a Watson apologist.

20. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Probably and similar means credible to you?

Really?

No all of that taken together does not lend credibility to all of their stories.

So wait are the 22 stories all credible or did he do something?

Make up your mind.