1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Rox need upgrade on uniform

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by VanityHalfBlack, Apr 30, 2021.

1. VanityHalfBlack

Doesn't look good on TV, actually think it look atrocious. Who designs them?

napalm06, ThatBoyNick and pr0wler like this.
  2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

3. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Agreed. The new black ones are no bueno. The light blue and red looks horrendous.

What happened to the cool looking black uniforms from a few years ago?

VanityHalfBlack and D-rock like this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I hate the light blue throw that **** in the trash asap

5. DonatelloLimestone

Yea, I like the timeless look, but we took any character out of our jerseys. We literally have very similar jerseys as the UH cougars, which look decent enough, but not professional level and simply just underwhelming like a solid HS Jersey and maybe tilly saved money by hiring the same designer.

That said, some people post online and even on the video games you can look up that do a lot better than what the nba is putting out mixing in local elements, nasa, rockets, adding some updates to the retros and they look REAL nice. I can't even find the best one I saw on google which was from the video game that some guys created themselves, it wasn't "too much" going on, but they included some subtle light pinstrips, rockets in the side schemes and mixed in our retro clutch city style jersey iwth a great modern update. I can't find it but i'll inlcude a few ideas

In someways the nba is run like mom and pops and they have to update, the nba website is just cluttered and embarassing as is finding a clean box score experience, the nbatv channel is just flat out utterely mediocre in its production.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You can keep the 70's/80's Burger King/McDonald's unis ... bring on the space-themed stuff.

7. DonatelloLimestone

thanks for ruining the mustard and red ones for me. I always saw clutch city, now I'm seeing the damn Mcdonalds.

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

They look good to me.

9. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

[QUOTE="DonatelloLimestone, post: 13537039, member: 65190"

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[/QUOTE]

These are lit.

10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

McDonald me up baby. Our classic jerseys were great, simple, clean and solid.

[​IMG]

Bring them back

11. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

These are lit.[/QUOTE]

I hate them so much. I don't even think you're a Rockets fan if you don't love ketchup and mustard.

don grahamleone likes this.
  12. rockets13champs

Yeah these unis were made for hardens body type to make him look good. We need jerseys that look good on younger players I think we need to go retro meets new age.

still keep: red, black white but only bring back yellow for retro jersey. Just need something to fit this team’s personality imo

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  13. rockets13champs

These are lit.[/QUOTE]
    This seems more like a city edition

charlieaustin likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

"But nostalgia uniforms were championship uniforms. If we wear them again, we will magically be champs!"

Miss me with the ugly ass retro chit. You nailed it with 70s/80s Burger King McDonalds unis.

BamBam likes this.
  15. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

What is sad is these all look better than current ones and they are probably made by some random guy in photoshop not a billion dollar company.

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't think the NBA really cares as long as people would buy more uni's. Give them a new name, new stripes, new colors, whatever... just buy more. lol. I would think Fertitta would want the team to start winning or have a true star player before doing it so people would fork over cash for at least one specific jersey, though.

VanityHalfBlack and Deuce like this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well we have Kelly Olynyk, that's like 5 guaranteed sales to Clutchfans

DonatelloLimestone likes this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Every time the Rockets unveil a new jersey, it seems like they lined up 20 designs from best to worst and picked the middle one.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

[​IMG]

20. DonatelloLimestone

IF we get a top pick, it would make sense for fernCheeto. Thats actually an ideal situation for the ownership, young Hyped up rookie everyone is curious to see and also at the lowest possible nba salary and can bring in fans from he came from as well as houston jersey sales.

But our designs our UH copies they look like HS designed it. I'm with simplicity/timeless this, these are just basic., I'm finding random dudes on the internet and video games that have better and more intricate, relevant designs.

D-rock likes this.