1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. - how good can he be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Mar 28, 2021.

?

What is your prediction on KPJ’s career?

Poll closed Apr 27, 2021.
  1. Franchise player

93 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Borderline Allstar

150 vote(s)
    56.4%
  3. Role Player

22 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. Benchwarmer

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  1. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

The Bucks have the third best record in the East. Not sure what you are talking about.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

What's funny about KPJ is that in terms of fan perception it's the reverse of Harden. General NBA fan pages like r/NBA are higher on KPJ than the GARM here which was like the reverse with Harden.

Like expectations are generally pretty tempered with him here and in r/NBA people are expecting him to be a perennial all-star.

Nook likes this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dude scored 50 when he is just a 21 yr old kid, he is pretty much gonna be a perennial allstar if he keeps it up. CF just hates their own talent lets not pretend that everybody was worshipping Harden when he was here he had a kot of haters as well.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I like the cautious approach, that everyone realizes his potential to crash and burn is high, but if this kid manages to hold it together long enough to realize his potential he could be one of the best players in franchise history.....and that's quite an impressive list of players

hakeem94 and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

He's got talent, if he can keep his head on straight on not get into any issues off the court, this rebuild could be a quick one! Let's hope he can take this in stride, build off of it, and hope the team gets lucky with those ping pong balls!

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Thats because we watch every game KPJ plays. We see the lows and the highs rather than the reddit crowd that only sees a headline.

We know his flaws that needs work, but we also see the flashes every few games that could make him a franchise player.

The future is very much in the air for him, it could pan out or not

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I'll blame it on my 2nd Pfizer vaccine I got yesterday

daywalker02, B-Bob, cmlmel77 and 2 others like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Lol how you feel? I just got my first one a week ago and just had some arm soreness. Is the second one worse?

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Well, you also have a lot of 'fans' wanting this team to fail too so there is a lot of that going on as well.

roslolian and D-rock like this.
  11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

The first one hit me hard. Take care and have a great weekend.

Space Ghost likes this.
  12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah but we also came away with a win against the Bucks who are actually trying to win to get the second seed. It's not just empty stats.

I feel like the pressure and mental stuff is overstated. Booker was criticized for years for putting up stats on a bad team, now with the right pieces, he's putting up stats on a second seed team in the west. If you have skill, you have skill, the mental stuff doesn't fluctuate your production all that much imo.

also you should watch more games

D-rock, hakeem94 and charlieaustin like this.
  13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

In his 7th year in the league against a Rockets team that was still pretty green. If this 50 piece was against the Magic, sure, you can just call it a fluke night but this was against a team still trying to jockey for the 2nd or 1st seed in the playoffs.

hakeem94 and charlieaustin like this.
  14. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

CF hates it's own talent?? Bruuuuh TWill, Donte Green, Jeremy Lamb, Nick Johnson, Hey Bud let's party, DMo, TJones, Bruno, Mason Jones, Patton and Brooks just this season, and many many many more have all gotten insanely overhyped on this board for some stretch. We'll basically overhype any young player who does anything kinda good. I agree that a lot here are a lot more tepid on KPJ than reddit but we definitely do not hate our own players.

snowconeman22 and charlieaustin like this.
  15. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Lol at Space Ghost getting everyone to wtf status

hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  16. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I had a sore arm and some fatigue with the first one. I had a mild distinct headache last night but knocked it off with advil and a good night sleep. Woke up feeling great at 6am. By 10:30am, I could feel the fatigue setting back in and had trouble concentrating at work. My whole left shoulder mildly aches. I called it a day at work and I'm just hanging out on the couch. Nothing serious so far. Relaxing and not exerting myself is making it very manageable. Gl on your 2nd. You should be fine.

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Eric Gordon has shown flashes like this but he is not a perennial allstar...

18. CXbby

CXbby Member

Morey isn’t here anymore, and neither are his rejects. Tate, KmJ, and Kpj is the start of a new era. The Stone Age.

hakeem94 and JayGoogle like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think the more important part was not scoring 50, but the fact that he did it efficiently. It's not like he pulled a Westbrook and scored 50 on 48 shots. He did it the Harden way, which is just so much more impressive.

Roc Paint, hakeem94 and steddinotayto like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You got guts, I wouldn't even be here.