1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Silver Lining: Houston Rockets 20-21

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DonatelloLimestone, Apr 28, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

I just got a breath of fresh air. At least we're not the timberwolves.

Those idiots can't even manage to tank right as they've just won 3 straight and will only keep their pick if its top 3.

We are the tank champions, commanders.

KPJ, love your talent, keep up the late night clubbing for the rest of the year.

Sterling, nice pick up for next year, stay safe, but YOLO...Keep partying.

Tate, I think you're a keeper. I saw that texans hat so it sounds like you're in the know of what we need this year.

Wood, what a pick up and maybe one of the best contracts in the league. Keep talking about getting a max in houston, laugther heals.

Kelly Olynk, MVP

John wall, you da real mvp, words can't express what your play and mentality has brought to houston. Hopes of a top 3 pick. [​IMG]

Tillman, none of this is possible without you, thanks for punting and giving us hope for this years draft and I'll know be paying attention to middle school basketball rankings in hopes that we hit our later draft picks since Stone said judge in 10 years.

2. DonatelloLimestone

[​IMG]
    #WeareallSilas

amaru, Jontro and chadyang like this.
  3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Who does Minny’s pick go to?

4. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Golden State

5. DonatelloLimestone

Yep, Minnesota may be in a worse position than us. They have talent, but they are paying loads to Towns/Russel already and might be just good enough to not tank and bad enough to not make any waves in the playoffs. The warriors could get there pick and right now they are close to tied to 2/3/4.

We did one thing right at this point

amaru and Jontro like this.
  6. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Don't jinx it.. we still have more games to lose before the end of the season.

amaru and Corrosion like this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

would prefer rox making the playoffs. this tank business isn't saving tillmen any money

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Lol ... Silver Lining?? o_O

9. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I just find it funny with so much hate Tilman gets, half of the posters still can't spell his name right. Or maybe they did that on purpose for despising him. Can't tell.

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

If we don't get a top 3 pick people are going to fall apart. If that happens, remember it was Fertits that forced that Westbrook trade along with the pick swap

11. Nook

Nook Member

I was just thinking about it the other day.

Imagine if 10 months ago I told you........

Coach D'Antoni would be gone....... ohh and that Westbrook would be dealt for John Wall..... and the Rockets would hire a rookie coach....... and Tad Brown would leave........ and Monte McNair would be gone........... and Daryl Morey would gnaw his own arm off to get away........ oh and James Harden and PJ Tucker would also be gone.... and the Rockets would add Oladipo but then dump him...... and the owners son would start making decisions... and the new GM would be a rookie...... oh and the Rockets would go on a 4-36 tear and have the worst record in the league.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

I mean having KAT, Edwards, and DLo going forward is much better than whatever this is led by the worst owner in the league

CriscoKidd and Nook like this.
  13. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

Exactly. There is no "right" way to be bad in this situation because it all comes down to a coin flip anyway.

T-Wolves could end up keeping their pick while the Rockets lose theirs, despite how well the Rockets have sucked.

Rockets will be very fortunate to keep their pick. If they keep their pick, they will be very fortunate if they choose someone as good as any of Minnesota's top 3.

14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this needs to be a sticky

HP3, clos4life, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

You misspelled "pukey."

16. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

[​IMG]

amaru, Reeko, HP3 and 3 others like this.
  17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

They have some nice players in KAT, Edwards, Beasley, Okogie, McDaniels, Reid, Hernangomez, Vanderbilt. One of the reasons they suck despite that is that they have DLo, one of the biggest looks-good-but-is-actually-terrible tunnel vision chuckers in the league. If they hadn't made that trade they'd look much much much better.

18. Nook

Nook Member

LOL

No one can question the man's efficiency.

Who is left? The guy that kissed Tilman's ass during the sale (Stone), the assistant GM that is a numbers cruncher........ and John Lucas and Keith Jones.

That is about it.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

the main reason their record is as bad as it is, is because KAT and DLo were out 40-50% of the games due to various reasons. Regardless having those 3 at 25, 25, and 19 years old is easily better than what this is

20. sydmill

sydmill Member

Agreed. But does that flip flop with the addition of Cade or Mobley? I would rather have KAT than Wood but otherwise give me the good guys (KPJ over DLO and Cade/Mobley over Edwards). Its embarrassing that there is a debate about whether we are only the 2nd worst team or not...