1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

If Rockets do NOT get a top 4 pick.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Apr 28, 2021.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Why take a L when you're a winner?

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

My only plan is to feel sad. I'm not sure what you're going to turn a potentially-mid-round pick into that's going to move the needle if you're looking long-term. MPJ? Doubtful. Siakam? Meh. I'd rather watch some young guns grow through another crappy season, tbh. Count me among those who want a top-4 pick, be content with the season, and then suck another year. If we don't get a top-4 pick, I just plan on being sad... although I'm prepared for it. I just know this team (or the team it will eventually be) won't happen in this draft or even the next.

NIKEstrad, saleem and Roc Paint like this.
  3. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I like the way you’ve asserted yourself in this thread

saleem, bigmatt482 and burlesk like this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Listen, if we fall out of the top 4 and lose our pick entirely this year you just need to sit back and say to yourselves, "At least we got that single glorious season of Russell Westbrook as a Rocket!"

sushimaster, apollo33, HROZ and 2 others like this.
  5. juanm34

juanm34 Member

There is no plan B!

saleem and Killatron 2000 like this.
  6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If we don’t keep a top 4 pick, OKC gets it, and we get Miami’s pick. Currently #16 or something like that.

That’s a looooooooooooooooooong drop for one season of an inefficient, unhappy Westbrook.

chadyang and saleem like this.
  7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

With your avatar, your sig, and your posts, you're just .... depressing.

Williamson likes this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

If we whiff on top 3 we pray that Cade, Suggs, Mobley and Green are busts so we can feel a bit better

saleem likes this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Guys think about it this way. If the goal was cade or bust, losing the 5th pick doesn't hurt nearly as much. Because even if OKC don't own the swap we would have missed out on the cream of the crop anyway, so you just continue tanking

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Have you heard the term, "We be screwed," before?

*Wood and Porter will leave to another team after 22/23 season with no decent players showing enough promise worth staying for

*Silas gets fired

*Patrick Fertitta gets promoted as Silas takes the blame; but we all know it's Patrick's brainchild of a bunch of 6'4" players or shorter.

Rockets will still suck waiting on potential to develop.... whether it be Josh Christopher, Cam Thomas, Hyland, Marcus Bagley, Sharife Cooper, Ayayi, David Duke, BJ Boston, Dosunmu, Kai Jones. Etc.

#70 ApacheWarrior, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    chadyang and saleem like this.
  11. HROZ

HROZ Member

If us & TWolves lose our picks
    I might cry.
    GSW getting another top 5 pick is nearly as bad as us losing out top 5 pick.

The back up plan has to be take 3 picks.(hopefully could be 2 if Blazers keep dropping)
    Try trade Wall Gordon Augustin & Bradley for expirings? Picks or young talent if available.

Then put a $15 million bet down on a young player like Wood. If he's available. Not sure he is.
    In which case take on $15 million(1 or 2 years tops) from a team in exchange for young talent or draft pick.

Then run out a young squad and see what we've got.

Wood
    MartinJr
    Tate
    House
    PorterJr

+ 2 or 3 draft picks
    + Whatever those trades get us.

PS how was the Westbrook trade not top 14 protected.

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

NO PLAN B HATERS GO HOME

13. H.D.

H.D. Member

MAGA!

14. ballgame

ballgame Member

No disrespect and I hope you don't take this out of context but are you foreign? The reason while I'm asking is because it takes most foreigners awhile to adapt and understand American Cul
    Good Plan B! I like it. We have to find other ways to get better, if and only if we don't get a Top #4 Pick

15. fattz

fattz Member

Plan B

Hit on long shots. Second and third tier players will be available after the draft because of the number of players in the draft vs the 60 spots. We may hit on a few of the undrafted. We should have appeal to this type of player because there is an opportunity here for said player to get playing time. The Tates of the world could do well for themselves as Rockets.

16. DonatelloLimestone

You may be able to get siakim if the raptors want to rebuild or get off that contract, but MPJ is a pipe dream. Nuggets took a chance let him sit and now he is looking special as why he was considered upto top 5. Nuggets just went further all in paying up for gordon, they want to win and MPJ is a huge performer with them and on his rookie contract, it would take a lot to get him off their hands. I'd wager no one on our roster could do the job.

17. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

He's talking about next year's pick

18. DonatelloLimestone

I'm not sure Denver would even trade a top 5 pick. That at least has some argument. If MPJ came out this year, I believe he'd still be a Junior/Senior anyways he'd still be top 5. He is producing at a high efficient clip in the nba already, is young, fits Jokic like a glove which you can't say about the possible stars in this years draft. Hes also on his rookie contract and his timeline and chemistry is looking great with Jokic. Not many 6'10 elite shooters, strong on the boards, young that you can point out on this league.

I'd love to have mpj, I'd love to have lebron or Giannis too. Obviously not at that level, but the point is what can we offer denver or what they are trying to do which is win now around Jokic/Murray, and there is not that much rockets can do to fit their needs. Our best hope for him is if he decided to demand a trade and wants to be the first option, then we may have some hope. Its very likely from how things are looking now.

June 15th is the biggest day for Houston Rockets fans since 2018 game 7 WCF.

Reeko likes this.
  19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

Says the guy who can’t even speak English correctly. Oh the irony