1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Biden wants higher capital gains taxes

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by dachuda86, Apr 27, 2021.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

VooDooPope, FranchiseBlade and Blatz like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

In that case they definitely should be taxed.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  3. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

It's already taxed just like any investment. You have to pay long term and short term capital gains taxes just like with stocks, and the IRS has required all major exchanges to know their customer since 2017-18 and collect SS or drivers license info. It's up to the businesses paying their employees to report this information to the government.

What's being discussed is a higher tax rate for crypto gains than compared with normal investments. Still haven't heard about this besides in this thread though.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was gonna start a thread Sunday morning on this subject. Saw a brief mention on Biden's plans.

Republicans are all about the capital gains tax. The party is for the rich. All the culture war topics are to round up voters

I would like to see verification on tax rates. I did some googling and the rates looked the same across brackets rather wages or gains

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It is, you're asking to tax it twice.

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Things are often taxed multiple times. For example as an importer I could pay a tariff on goods and then also a sales tax when the goods are sold and then income taxes on income generated.

Regarding cryptocurrency depending on how the taxes are structures I don't have a problem with it.

jiggyfly likes this.